test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Clause wants to know: What are you thankful for in STO?

All the little children,

It’s that time of the year when we gather with family, unwrap gifts, or celebrate our respective faith traditions. For many of us, our fleet mates and teammates are an extension of family, soooo...

I thought I would change things up a little in this post. Instead of posting about the changes you want made to the game, and instead of pointing out bugs or missed opportunities, let’s think real hard for a moment and try to come up with the one or two characters, maps, missions, doffs, boffs, spaceships, or planets that have remained a pleasant surprise over the years. What brightens your day when you open the launcher and click engage?

I will start. This Christmas I am thankful for the Competetive Queues, “Binary Circuit Elite” and “Core Assault Adv.” I find these two queues have great rewards, require teamwork, and are rarely exactly the same twice. Sure, those puzzles can be a challenge, but there’s nothing like two evenly matched teams hitting the end rooms at the same time and fighting to the death.

Thank you CRYPTIC CLAUSE!

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I am thankful for helpful friends when I need help with something. Rarely do I run into glitches that I can't handle.

I love the new content, I love the old content and I love making alts. Thankful I can do all of that and customize them how I like, most of the time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Chase Masterson :)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    just for being there for me for so very long. sto a good old friend. i wish you many more happy returns.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I really liked the Voth fangs.

I had already had a melee build with a Lirpa on my Caitian, but this weapon is even more fun with the different combinations and extra speed effects. The Miracle worker spec tree is also a nice addition because it further improved my melee toon's build.

For the space part I'm really happy that we got the T6 Vesta bundle.

Content wise I'm glad we moved beyond the Temporal war and are now focussing on building things such as the new colony.

In 2018 I hope to see more melee weapons which can also be used from a bit further (such as the fangs and swords), more different playable species with unique traits (Caitian one is still the best way to do it imo) and... well I don't really need more ships but I hope those who have asked for their favorite ship (Nova, Star Cruiser, Andorian ships and any I have forgotten) to get the T6 treatment, will get their wishes granted.

[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Romulan and KDF science ships. Lukari flying saucer and flying triangle. Cats. Many cool ships that look great and do fun stuff. Excellent character creator with great looking models. New STFs. Many great mission storylines. Meeting nice people. Star Trek.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I'm thankful for extensive costuming options, whether on my characters or my ships. Space Barbie ftw. ;)
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I'm thankful for the opportunity to live in the Star Trek universe for the last 7 years. Is the game perfect ? Nope. But there really isn't anything else like it, in the ST universe at the moment, and I enjoy getting to pretend I'm the latest "Kirk" or "Picard" or hell, even "Archer" sometimes. I'm also thankful for a decent community that supports the game and it's players.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Content, game design. Keep it up! Moar' content!
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Variety of choice of playstyles. I can shoot stuff on the ground or in space. Or I can do neither and faff about in the menus and still get something done. Shame they can't make win 10 and it's updates not suck.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    ^That's what I love about the game. You don't *have* to do combat to have fun. You can faff about on ESD, Drozana, K-7, Risa, Fleet bases, whatever. You can do ground, space, neither. You can craft or sit around and chat and help people if they need it. You can play Space Barbie and change up your looks. Or you can start all over again as a new Captain.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Enough different stuff. And able to squeeze "something" in between errands (really quick like DOFFing or that Ice Race) or do something more extensive (and intensive) when I have more time. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Thankful for this year? The colony I suppose. Otherwise pretty disappointing year.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'm thankful for my T6 Vor'cha.... oh wait ! i meant my T6 Vorgon Carrier :)
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    What I'm thankful for?

Well, the ability to imagine I'm the Hero of Starfleet much like Archer, Kirk, and Picard. The countless ships I can play with. And when I get lucky, the special ships from the Promos and the Lockboxes. Also the episodes, some of them have that Trek 'feel', which brings a smile to my face.

And that's it. Thanks Cryptic Clause.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    What i'm thankful of? For when ever Cryptic decides to get back to communicate with their forum community.
    There hasn't been much communication besides the tribble forum as the only form of direct communication, otherwise aside from the Official annoucements on content and events and the occasional podcast, it has been so barren that it makes the most arid desert look like a refreshing paradise at this point.

i hope to hell for the day they communicate again, it has been far too long.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    What i'm thankful of? For when ever Cryptic decides to get back to communicate with their forum community.
    There hasn't been much communication besides the tribble forum as the only form of direct communication, otherwise aside from the Official annoucements on content and events and the occasional podcast, it has been so barren that it makes the most arid desert look like a refreshing paradise at this point.

i hope to hell for the day they communicate again, it has been far too long.

I believe Kael's preferred method of communication is that video streaming he does every week. I am not sure if he bothers to post information about the weekly live stream here. Or if he posts anything about archives of them, any where.

Check on the Twitter and Facebook feeds (which is where I usually see anything about them at all). There really isn't a lot of heads up when he is going to do one.

I am not sure he ever gets any news out during the live stream videos because he is too easily distracted from delivery of any information. I have never been able to sit through it at all...because I get bored by his wanderings.

And Kael isn't a very good writer....if you notice the Dev Blogs he writes are all over the place, too. So, be glad there isn't MORE of his style of communications on the Forums.

If you are looking for straight up information...the best one can do is read what the players are saying AFTER they start noticing things as they are playing through.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin