test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phoenix Prize Packs Are Back

No announcement of it so far, but they are definitely back. Looks like nothing has been added to the store, though.
This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    No announcement of it so far, but they are definitely back. Looks like nothing has been added to the store, though.

For the PC right?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Yes, this is on PC. I have no idea about console.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I was hoping this would be the case- my refined dil stocks are sufficiently replenished that I'll be able to buy a great many packs as well as buying a shedload of Zen. It would also be nice if they expanded the available items that can be bought with the various levels of voucher.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    NEWS page now lists this - it's for all platforms. Also there are key, key ring, ship sales and (Arc, so cash only) pack sales.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Awsome!!!

Note to self after leaving work

#1 - Buy milk
    #2 - Knock over a bank
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Perfect timing! I was able to list all my zen for a ridiculous price, AND GET IT! Now to wait for the phoenix pack event to end and the price to normalize. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Did I see it right in the News article that the T6 Chett Boalg is not included in the Phoenix Price Pack?
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Don't forget to send someone to DS9 to talk to Onna for the daily free pack and daily free admiralty card (the Cochrane small craft that negates all +/-)

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Don't forget to send someone to DS9 to talk to Onna for the daily free pack and daily free admiralty card (the Cochrane small craft that negates all +/-)
    Appreciate the reminder, had totally forgot about it last times this ran.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    The Phoenix prize pack is really good at siphoning my wallet.
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    Time to harvest the upgrade tokens and wait til there is an upgade weekend event. Happy days! :)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'm surprised that he Lukari Science Vessel still isn't in the pack.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Neither is the ISS Stadi Admiralty Card. They're not putting much effort into all of these continued Phoenix Prize Pack Events.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    They removed the ISS Stadi from the phoenix Box?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Could someone break down the math on Phoenix upgrades, comparing the dilithium and resource costs to experimental and superior upgrades? Phoenix only has a dilithium cost, which should by itself be cheaper than crafted tickets. But I’m curious by how much of a margin the Phoenix upgrades excel when ec, rd, and upgrade points are factored in.
  • Options
    Or of course Omega upgrades for their quality upgrade chance especially but those take a lot of grinding once a year.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
  • Options
    The ISS Stadi was never in the Phoenix Store. The VSS Vanius is and has been since the start.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I'm getting a little disappointed in the lack of updates to the available prizes. I know it's still kind of new but I was hoping for the Sompek pulsewave. I've got the Lukari set on one character that could use it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    The Phoenix Universal Upgrade gives 51,200 Tech Points for the cost of 4,000 Dilitium (if bought in packs of 10). Four Superior Upgrades would cost 4,300 Dilitium to apply and whatever it cost to make it. Those four would give you the same number of Tech points 4@12,800 each. Going the Exchange route those four Superior Tech Upgrades would run between 330,000 and 720,000 EC depending on the School and whether a Tech Upgrade Weekend has been announced (Ferengi up the prices during those Events).

Between the last Phoenix Prize Pack Event and this bloody Colony, I am low on Dilitium and am not going to use or buy Zen during this sale. Probably buy some LOTRO Points instead during their sale.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    woerligen wrote: »
    Did I see it right in the News article that the T6 Chett Boalg is not included in the Phoenix Price Pack?
    I noticed that too, when I was looking to see if anything new was added. It appears to be an error in the post -- I checked in-game, and it's available.

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't add the Voth fangs.

Oh well. Still enough to choose from.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Yes, I'm looking forward to them updating the Phoenix Box with additions to the rewards.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Yes, I'm looking forward to them updating the Phoenix Box with additions to the rewards.

I know they have a lot on their plate (no idea what actual department it would be) but they really should get something added every time. I always get 10 packs for the upgrades but I'd get more if I had a shot at additional rewards.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > The Phoenix Universal Upgrade gives 51,200 Tech Points for the cost of 4,000 Dilitium (if bought in packs of 10). Four Superior Upgrades would cost 4,300 Dilitium to apply and whatever it cost to make it. Those four would give you the same number of Tech points 4@12,800 each. Going the Exchange route those four Superior Tech Upgrades would run between 330,000 and 720,000 EC depending on the School and whether a Tech Upgrade Weekend has been announced (Ferengi up the prices during those Events).
    >
    > Between the last Phoenix Prize Pack Event and this bloody Colony, I am low on Dilitium and am not going to use or buy Zen during this sale. Probably buy some LOTRO Points instead during their sale.

Thanks I’m going to share this with my fleet.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I'm surprised that he Lukari Science Vessel still isn't in the pack.

Yeah - have two Epic tokens in my bank, one of which is waiting to be used on that.

The T5 Lukari N'kaam Scout Ship unlocks its skin, although it seems character bound unlock only. If you used up I'm guessing 5 M++ Dilithium in gambling for those 2x epic tokens its cost is nothing in comparison. Let the flying saucer invasion begin!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I wouldn't have expected either the Lukari ship or the Furiadon Fangs yet, since it's been less than a year since either was first available. Chel Boalg was a toss-up, but since this isn't a normal Phoenix run, I suppose that's why nothing was added.

A normal run would have lasted a full week. This, on the other hand, was just another Christmas enticement.
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Phoenix Universal Upgrade gives 51,200 Tech Points for the cost of 4,000 Dilitium (if bought in packs of 10). Four Superior Upgrades would cost 4,300 Dilitium to apply and whatever it cost to make it. Those four would give you the same number of Tech points 4@12,800 each. Going the Exchange route those four Superior Tech Upgrades would run between 330,000 and 720,000 EC depending on the School and whether a Tech Upgrade Weekend has been announced (Ferengi up the prices during those Events).

And that's a worst-case scenario. If you're just buying them for upgrades, you'll probably pick up better than 1.5 Uncommon tokens per box opened, once you break down the higher rarities.