test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do You Think There’s A Market For Our Player Behavior in Human Behavior Sciences?

usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
I’ve heard that there’s a record of our every single keystroke in game. And given the length of time STO has been in operation, the number of players who have cycled in and out of the game over the years, and presentation of content in the form of puzzles, speed runs, cooperative play, and play under the illusion of anonymity, couldn’t Cryptic Studios hire some researchers or unemployed grad students to start compiling data reports which provide insights into the playing habits, skill level, and other behaviors when contrasted with geographic location, age, and socioeconomic status? Seems like somone, somewhere would be willing to pay for this data. And I’m onboard if it will pay for someone to program me a pet tab.

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Cryptic Studios? No, since they don't have the income to do the science. It might be possible for Perfect World, but such research would likely done by a company like Blizzard. There was actually research done on WoW that dealt with viral outbreaks.

A pet tab is not worth it to sell your soul. It will be a dark day in human history when targeted advertising is perfected. We will no longer be an individual, but a computer file. Why bother living your life when a computer file is able to predict your life.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure there are data protection laws which put restrictions on this kinda thing...