What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IF we get a Cardassian origin story...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I responded to a comment about retconning in the game generally, not to anything else. I wasn't following the 'conversation' per se, will there be a quiz?

The points in this Thread, just like the lengthy Thread that started just after they announced 'Victory is Life' are speculation, really just made up by each poster as they see fit, because, you know, it is just SPECULATION.

Baseball season is over so 'strikes' are inappropriate on a whole number of levels. But perhaps yellow penalty flags are more in order.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just to make the point that they have retconned within stories in this game and gave a recent example. Nothing more or less.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I just don't see what there is about the Dominion as a faction that would provide enough of an experience that is uniquely Dominion. I can see an expansion centered around DS9 specifically though. That way you don't have to focus exclussivly on the Dominion.

Also when I said that I expected the expansion to mostly take place in the Alpha Quadrant I did not mean that it must come with an expansion to the map space. Legacy of Romulus did not add any new space but took advantage of the existing space to tell its story. There is still plenty still in the current Alpha Quadrant build that could support an expansion much like LoR utilized the Romulan space already in the game.
    Well I don't particularly thing the expansion would be mostly focused on The Dominion either. They are a nice enemy to have, but not interesting as the only enemy, hence the Hur'q.

Also, LoR used map space that was added specifically so that it could be used by LoR. While LoR itself didn't come with new map, the new Tau Dewa sector space added before it was basically unused before it came out because it was made to be used for LoR. There really isn't much space left to do such a thing.

And, as it stands, if you count all the missions in arcs like the Cardassian Struggle, the 2800, the Breen Invasion, and Future Proof, + queues, and patrols, most every system in the Alpha Quadrant has been used already. The ones that haven't are Federation member worlds like Delta, Suaria, Betazed, Ammazzarra, Izar, Antos, etc. that there is basically no chance of us going too. Besides Cardassia itself, and Ferenginar, there just isn't much anywhere left for us to use for an expansion. There has to be a Delta Rising sized map expansion to dump most of the expansion's content into, or else they would have nowhere to put an expansion's worth of content.
    Part of why I'm expecting a GQ galaxy map. It has more to offer in the way of new stuff to do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    It would be nice to get a bit of both races. It would be nice to do start the cardassian tutorial as part of the dominion during the war, fight a few missions and then witness the bombing of cardassia and fight the dominion. Then see the aftermath of the damage to cardassia and a few missions about rebuilding moving closer to the present and mixing them into the current missions as per LoR. Andrew Robinson, Marc Alaimo and Casey Biggs (Garak, Dukat and Damar) should be within the realm of affordable (Same for Jeffery Combs as Weyoun. Female changling was already done quite well in the FE)

We still don't have a clue why the dominion is coming, is it to help rebuild cardassia? or finish the job.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    reafis wrote: »
    Andrew Robinson, Marc Alaimo and Casey Biggs (Garak, Dukat and Damar) should be within the realm of affordable
    How would Dukat and Damar show up if they are both dead?
    Clones, Mirror Universe, Time Travel, Imposter, Same Actor/Different Character, ect.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They just did a time skip origin story, it would be boring to do another.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Technically, any sort of origin story for a new playable species is a time jump. It is necessary to show where the species came from in terms of how they factor into the game's current narrative. It works far better than just adding the species to the character generation options and saying, "Here's playable Romulans." Unless you just don't care.
    The origin story is for the character, not the species.

Several species have multiple origin stories available.