test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fill all button for rep assignments!

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
I think the rep system needs one or more fill all buttons. At least one at the top of each category when you have selected that rep. Probably in the screens showing the rep information for that group, and another in a neutral section to fill all rep assignments for all rep categories. This would help a lot with grinding hourlies and other things to convert marks to dill ore. It's very tedious and makes you prone to arthritis having to click this much and it would be very helpful to not have to make so many clicks. Then I can simply fill all my assignments with hourlies and go to the top and click fill all and go to my next character.

Comments

• soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Honestly, i could see that working, for each individual project
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Seconded - a much needed feature. Though we may be waiting as long as we did for the fleet doff multi-buy slider... ;)
    tnl3Zwx.png
    ^
    Just out of curiosity, what helmet is that in your sig?
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I think the, "Fill project," button would fit nicely right next to the, "Cancel project," button on each project.. If not a, "Fill all projects," button at the top of the neutral page(s). Especially one that does, "Fill all rep projects," and does it for all reputations at once. But any of them would be a godsend for grinding marks into dil ore. It would save a huge amount of clicking and time for those doing large amounts of characters. It would literally make each hourly project go down to 2 clicks at max.

Not sure what that helmet is either. Looks interesting though. Is it vaadwar, or maybe hirogen?
    Definitely not Vaadwaur. Only has a visor, instead of eye pieces
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Is it related to this and memory alpha?

latest?cb=20090531062301&path-prefix=en

Here is an even weirder one:
    1487537184988.jpg

I can't find much else.
  • hungeringhungering Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Helmet in signature looks like the Klingon competitive rep helmet, and the one above this post is the 23rd century EV suit.
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    I think the rep system needs one or more fill all buttons. At least one at the top of each category when you have selected that rep. Probably in the screens showing the rep information for that group, and another in a neutral section to fill all rep assignments for all rep categories. This would help a lot with grinding hourlies and other things to convert marks to dill ore. It's very tedious and makes you prone to arthritis having to click this much and it would be very helpful to not have to make so many clicks. Then I can simply fill all my assignments with hourlies and go to the top and click fill all and go to my next character.

I know this thread is about a year old, but after clicking through all 12 reps 6x times each for a single character the thought definitely occurred to me how ridiculous it was. There's no reason for this unless the goal is to give us all carpal tunnel.

They could shave 72 clicks per character down to 24. I have about 20 characters, so that's 1440 clicks if I want to work on all their reps. Come on Cryptic, have some mercy! This is beyond obnoxious!
  • wildcard#0935 wildcard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    It's still a relevant topic: auto-fill and a cancel button

Also add that when we first open the rep window where it shows all the reps you can immediately see what is completed. This since we may see the mini-map button flashing but then we have to go through each and every rep one at a time to see what state they are in that caused the button to flash.

---just had an idea, how about a check box instead of a button "always auto-fill"
    Post edited by wildcard#0935 on
  • tarkil42#1357 tarkil42 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    worgaus wrote: »
    aftulus wrote: »

I know this thread is about a year old, but after clicking through all 12 reps 6x times each for a single character the thought definitely occurred to me how ridiculous it was. There's no reason for this unless the goal is to give us all carpal tunnel.

They could shave 72 clicks per character down to 24. I have about 20 characters, so that's 1440 clicks if I want to work on all their reps. Come on Cryptic, have some mercy! This is beyond obnoxious!
    It's still a relevant topic: auto-fill and a cancel button

Also add that when we first open the rep window where it shows all the reps you can immediately see what is completed. This since we may see the mini-map button flashing but then we have to go through each and every rep one at a time to see what state they are in that caused the button to flash.

---just had an idea, how about a check box instead of a button "always auto-fill"

Y'all are absolutely right! There are a few different ways this could be fixed, but right now it is definitely just way too many clicks.
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Yes! We desperatly need one fill all button! +1
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It takes 96 clicks per character (12x2 - claim previous + 12x2 select next + 12x4 fill next.) to start the 20h progress on all reps (assuming you have resources for all) in the fastest way possible. Multiply that by how many characters you have...and we should get a gaming mouse donation. The system could of used a big top button to fill all. Now it's a little for anything since non-disco characters are just a few days from completing T6 reps.

Note: the less clicks way (the 72 way) is actually more time consuming because of the system's time of response.
  • emorengar#5333 emorengar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I feel that adding a fill all and complete all button would really smooth out the reputation system. Without a fill or complete all its much more difficult/time consuming to do the reps as a beginner.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    The fill all button has been incorporated. Let the dancing begin!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Now if only the stupid "hold down control or we'll remind you to hold down control" dialog can be removed.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    "Fill All" for ALL reps would be great. I have 56 toons, so, A LOT of mouse miles :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg