test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Wonderland Ground Build Advice

I’ve got commando and command running with the 2 pc nahkul and herald armor. Any other tips for how I can improve my ground performance in winter wonderland combat?

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My #1 tip with gearing for snowman hunter? Stack passive regen. It's not a HUGE benefit, but it's better than nothing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    If you are having trouble in the WW, gear isnt your problem. They ain't making it hard!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yeah provided you have almost any Epic Snow Gun I generally don't worry about specializations or what if any traits I may have for Winter Wonderland. The only real benefit for traits might mostly come from those that help you run a bit faster during fastest game on Ice otherwise it not designed to be very difficult.

But sometimes the amount you get frozen is a little too much. ;)
    0zxlclk.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yea... Tips and Tricks is a good source for advice.

Anyways... there are several different weapons you can get that fall into familiar categories. And a couple that are kinda hybrids.

The nerf gun's primary is an autorifle, while the secondary is actually a sniper shot. So its a decent single target weapon. A good basic all rounder would be Flurry, which is an autorifle through and through. Freezing Mist is also good if you prefer split beams.

@baddmoonrizin could you sticky the tips and tricks thread for the duration of the event so it doesn't get buried? I'd appreciate it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yeah the basics are pretty much some weapons are multi target for clearing mobs while others are better for large bosses. Best to get one like Hail (Multi target) then get The Big One for higher damage single target. Some are hybrid's and offer a mix that various between their primary and secondary fire modes.
    0zxlclk.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    @rattler2 Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to sticky threads, so you'll have to ask Kael. I have asked him if it would be possible to grant that ability to mods, but I haven't heard back yet.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    really? every board I've been on mods have that as a god given ability
    Spock.jpg

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Commando tree, Miracle Worker tree and the Romulan Navy armour from Uneasy Allies are sufficient for me. At times I still get frozen but it's not like that is a huge problem...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    really? every board I've been on mods have that as a god given ability

were any of those boards powered by vanilla?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Commando tree, Miracle Worker tree and the Romulan Navy armour from Uneasy Allies are sufficient for me. At times I still get frozen but it's not like that is a huge problem...
    the easiest one for me is to just throw on the Jem-hadar armor, it has one of the highest passive regen rates in the game. I think it's higher than RIN.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nemefnemef Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    maybe a stupid question: what is the "nerf gun"?
    nemef wrote: »
    New foam dart themed toy gun for shooting Snowmen with.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nemefnemef Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    the easiest one for me is to just throw on the Jem-hadar armor, it has one of the highest passive regen rates in the game. I think it's higher than RIN.

Could be. For me the Romulan armour is more interesting though because I have that one on most of my characters. The opposite is true for the Jem'Hadar one: I don't have that one anywhere :p

Never liked the Cardassian and DS9 arc that much, I played it a few times on my older account but haven't done so yet here.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

I had no idea either. To be fair, I'm still wondering why it's called a nerf gun.

Could be fun for PvP: use it against a player and their gear drops by 1 rarity and 1 mk per shot.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

I had no idea either. To be fair, I'm still wondering why it's called a nerf gun.
    Nerf is a popular brand of foam dart guns.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »

This. In the US, Nerf is basically like Band-Aid. Even as a name brand, people use it as a general term to describe things. So if you're describing even a generic dart gun, someone might still call it a Nerf gun and they'd know it's a dart shooter.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    warpangel wrote: »

I see. Well I'm too old to be playing with those... so I hope I'm forgiven for not knowing this.

Oh look! Snowball fight! Bye forum, until next time.

Could be fun for PvP: use it against a player and their gear drops by 1 rarity and 1 mk per shot.
    nerf-cake-1.jpg
    Nerf: it's what's for dinner.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing