test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rook's "Let's Talk" About the Tzenkethi Promo Ship

The ship looks amazing, a 5/2 dread with frigate pets! Can't wait to see these out in space! Rook is proud to hold a Let's Talk(TM) discussion about the Tzenkethi promo ship. Everyone is encouraged to participate in this discussion!

Truly stunning!

1af1370de633a5944f7a3f18db7c92ee1512494406.jpg
/channel_join grind

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    It looks certainly good, and frigate pets are always a good thing. Hopefully i can get one from the Exchange, although i suspect the starting prices will be astronomical, as always.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Don't be a scrooge! Buy one on the exchange for a billion credits and make someone's Christmas!
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Thin hull for a carrier, middling turnrate (though great inertia), but up six Tactical consoles be used. Patch up the hull via Trellium-D, extra resists in Skill tree, etc. and it'll be a beast.

If you use Phaser or Disruptor, you could use the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Command Tac console (the freebie from a mission) to boost up the Radiation damage from this ship's Console and Trait (presumably anyway). Then add in either the Counter-Command Universal console or the appropriate Heavy Turret for a nice Category 2 'Bonus' damage to Phaser and Disruptor. 5x Vulnerability Locators on top of that for high Crit hit and nice Category 1 damage should be rather beastly.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    Don't be a scrooge! Buy one on the exchange for a billion credits and make someone's Christmas!

Mayhaps that's what i'll do. After all i pretty much did that when the 26th Century heavy dreads were released XD
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I am hoping for a Temporal Light Cruiser or two for Christmas!
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    I am hoping for a Temporal Light Cruiser or two for Christmas!

I wouldn't mind a whole fleet of them, myself.
    /channel_join grind
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    The BOFF layout of the Tzenkethi dread is remarkably similar to the Temporal Destroyer.
    /channel_join grind
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The BOFF layout of the Tzenkethi dread is remarkably similar to the Temporal Destroyer.

When it comes to conventional BOff layout, there's not many more possible permutations that work without breaking conventions. Unless it's a 4 or 6 BOff layout (those exist already, but are rare) or a more mold-breaking layout, the BOff layout is very likely going to overlap with other ships if you ignore the hybrid Specilization BOff seats.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Stats seems nice enough...but it's ugly.

Not too bad, at least compared to the Sphere Builder ships. Worse come to worse, there's always Holoemitters, which anyone that's been running the Ferengi Admiralty should have more than enough GPL to afford.
  • natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    5-2 seems borderline broken for dps. Also with it's universal slot you could technically do 6 tact consoles. Seems like a highly OP ship to promote a cash grab. :/ Typically not a fan of that but it won't effect me negatively so it's whatever.

I will say it's boff seating and design look nice.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Better looking than the fed's MW shipwrecks or universal pizza cutter but the layout and traits make me think its been done to push the doff packs.

The trait doesn't mention any kind of cooldown other than the abilities which will trigger it so does seem like it might be a bit on the op side alongside other stuff that reduces cooldowns.