test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quentin Tarantino to write/direct Star Trek Movie.

usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
Saw this as a rumor a few days ago and thought it sounded ridiculous, but just read in The Hollywood Reporter that Quentin Tarantino and J.J. Abrams are assembling a writing staff to put together a new film, presumably in the Kelvin Timeline. What do you think about that?

Comments

• bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Yeah I'm not sure how i feel about this. his catalog does not have anything in it that makes me think he would do a good Star Trek movie.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Spock Loses Control of His Emotions: The Movie.
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Since he is almost certainly going to be in it. What role would Samuel L Jackson play?

I kinda want to see him as a Vulcan but making him a Klingon would let him yell at people. Andorian would make me happy for the rest of my life because just the thought of him painted blue with antenna is great.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Wait, no, I got my weird last names mixed up. I thought Terantino was the guy who played Spock.

...Still think we have a 50-50 chance of "Spock Loses Control of His Emotions: The Movie."
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Spock Loses Control of His Emotions: The Movie.

I think they did that one already...a couple times.

but it might be amusing to see if Tarantino can write a script that isn't 50% obscenities by volume.

Yeah, they did. Spock struggling with his emotions at least once a movie is one of the standard features of the reboot. :P
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Even the "assembling a writing room" bit is just rumor at this point, and we're engaging in pure speculation.

That being said...

The rumor also includes Tarantino saying he wanted to write something related to a "classic episode". Does that indicate we might see the Kelvin Timeline version of "A Piece of the Action"? :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Umm.. what's the closest thing in Star Trek to "Kill Bill"? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Umm.. what's the closest thing in Star Trek to "Kill Bill"? :p

Picard tommy gunning the Borg in First Contact?
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Umm.. what's the closest thing in Star Trek to "Kill Bill"? :p

Star Trek: Return of The Sisko
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png