test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Battle of Caleb IV Scaling

Is replaying The Battle of Caleb IV supposed to force the player down to level 9 while leaving the NPC's unchanged?
tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    considering how my vengeance just trounced the klingons when I went back and played that... probably. This is Cryptic after all
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Is replaying The Battle of Caleb IV supposed to force the player down to level 9 while leaving the NPC's unchanged?
    You are suppose to "loose" the battle, still doing it with my AoY it seemed like the scaling was inconsistent.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    spiritborn wrote: »
    You are suppose to "loose" the battle, still doing it with my AoY it seemed like the scaling was inconsistent.
    Yes, the last battle is a forced loss, but I don;t see how that relates the enemies still being your original level instead of scaled down to level 9 like the player (for half the mission, at least)?
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yes, the last battle is a forced loss, but I don;t see how that relates the enemies still being your original level instead of scaled down to level 9 like the player (for half the mission, at least)?
    It's suppose to be more then a "forced loss", it's suppose to be hopeless (having enemies way above the player's level is a fairly common trick in RPGs to make a fight hopeless) and as I said the scaling is a tad inconsistent in the mission so it could also be that.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    It's suppose to be more then a "forced loss", it's suppose to be hopeless (having enemies way above the player's level is a fairly common trick in RPGs to make a fight hopeless) and as I said the scaling is a tad inconsistent in the mission so it could also be that.
    Except the mission does it through endlessly respawning enemies, not though over-levelled enemies (even then, only at the end of the second space section). Whereas the replay has them match your level properly in the first space section, then shoot up to max level in the ground battle (which is not a forced-loss).

Meaning either they messed up and no-one caught it or they messed something up the mission in a later patch.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Its not just Caleb IV. Its all the TOS arc missions. On the ground it's fine, but in space the player gets dropped to first run level while the NPCs are still your normal level.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    joe3871joe3871 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    It's June 6 2019 and I just replayed this mission. The ship battles scale correctly, but when you board Kor's ship, you're at level 9 while the Klingons are at level 56. I got killed a dozen times before beating it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Necrothread.
    @baddmoonrizin

But... still? All this time and there are STILL scaling issues in the TOS arc?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.