test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wells Science can't fire first weapon...

dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
I recently got back in my T5-U Wells and loaded it up with some torpedoes up front and the first one didn't fire by spacebar. I have to click the button directly but it fires the second weapon instead. The other weapons fire automatically fine. That first weapon slot was a grav torp, so I tried taking it out and putting it back and replacing with different weapons, but that first weapon slot won't fire anything automatically. (Yes, I checked to make sure the autofire button was highlighted)

If anyone knows if this is a new Wells bug, or if there's another known problem, please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    As I always try when something is not working in one of my ships (My Fleet Morrigu had the same problem but with the experimental weapon), put it on drydock and then activate it... it should fix the problem.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    As I always try when something is not working in one of my ships (My Fleet Morrigu had the same problem but with the experimental weapon), put it on drydock and then activate it... it should fix the problem.

Interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
  • Options
    Well that didn't work. This problem appears on my sci character on several different ships. My tac and engineering characters don't have the problem, only my one sci.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    The keybind for the space bar is broken on your Sci.
    I would try copying the UI from a character that is working and applying it to your Sci character.

I have to look in the program to recall how that is done....but I am trapped in my bed by my cat who is sitting on my lap, right now. Maybe someone else knows.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OK...

Found another thing to try....which may be easier for you if you use default settings.

Go to: The character that is broken.
    Click on Options. Go to the KEYBINDS Tab.
    At the bottom of the window is "Reset to Defaults" button.
    Click on that button.
    It should restore all the keybinds setting to just as when the game was loaded.
    That should NOT mess you up as long as you did not add anything custom to your keybinds.

gWYgIjM.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Alternatively, if you have added a lot of additional stuff...and custom keybinds.

Try this:

Go to: The character that is NOT broken (and is set up the way you want the broken character to work).
    Click on Options. And go to the HUD Tab.
    At the bottom of the window is "Save UI" button.
    Click "Save UI" button. The program saves it, god knows where.

Click on Options. Go to the HUD Tab
    Bottom of the window is the "Load UI" button.
    Click "Load UI" button and "Apply" or "OK"
    The program will take previously saved file and apply it.

Of course, any differences between the characters will have to be adjusted for.

G388bTG.jpg

But on my game I use pretty much the same settings for everyone. In other words, I don't have as much to fiddle with, so both these options work for me. Your mileage may vary.

Good Luck. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    OK...

Found another thing to try....which may be easier for you if you use default settings.

Click on Options. Go to the KEYBINDS Tab.
    At the bottom of the window is "Reset to Defaults" button.
    Click on that button.
    It should restore all the keybinds setting to just as when the game was loaded.
    That should NOT mess you up as long as you did not add anything custom to your keybinds.

gWYgIjM.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Alternatively, if you have added a lot of additional stuff...and custom keybinds.

Try this:

Go to: The character that is NOT broken (and is set up the way you want the broken character to work).
    Click on Options. And go to the HUD Tab.
    At the bottom of the window is "Save UI" button.
    Click "Save UI" button. The program saves it, god knows where.

Click on Options. Go to the HUD Tab
    Bottom of the window is the "Load UI" button.
    Click "Load UI" button and "Apply" or "OK"
    The program will take previously saved file and apply it.

Of course, any differences between the characters will have to be adjusted for.

G388bTG.jpg

But on my game I use pretty much the same settings for everyone. In other words, I don't have as much to fiddle with, so both these options work for me. Your mileage may vary.

Good Luck. :)

This worked. Thanks a lot!