test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Host a poker game doff mission

How the **** do you fail at hosting a poker game? Should be 100% success rate.
lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg

Comments

• usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Play with Riker. Lose. Repeat.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Play with Riker. Lose. Repeat.
    sounds about right.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Was Phil Hellmuth playing at your table? He likely flipped it.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    But the most important thing we need to know is:

How many were killed/injured in the process?

XD
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

XD

At least it wasn't Routine Turbolift Maintenance.
    ba151eedb8c74aec7145f1e3435019ab611f3727?url=http%3A%2F%2Forig05.deviantart.net%2Fcb6a%2Ff%2F2015%2F242%2F3%2F7%2Fsmug_sunset_shimmer_by_shaynellelps-d97tmwo.png
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I see that less about failing at playing poker and more as failing at making it intresting/enjoyble for those playing, also poker has quite complex rules when you try explaining them to someone who has never in their life even heard of poker much less played it.

Your crew can have literal extra-terrestial lifeforms in it after all.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »

XD

ba151eedb8c74aec7145f1e3435019ab611f3727?url=http%3A%2F%2Forig05.deviantart.net%2Fcb6a%2Ff%2F2015%2F242%2F3%2F7%2Fsmug_sunset_shimmer_by_shaynellelps-d97tmwo.png
    This is my personal favorite:
    9900_screenshots_2015-08-24_00002.jpg?raw=1
    Emphasis on "adequately". One redshirt died, the other got injured and this considered adequate, "but without particular distinction".
    I know it's in a combat zone and casualties are to be expected if things go wrong, but damn, either that's cold or losing a redshirt has become the equivalent of failing to get a distinction for a degree.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

XD

I've always pictured a pile of bones at the bottom of the turbolift shaft. I've learned to just skip that one even with purple doffs.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

XD

I've always pictured a pile of bones at the bottom of the turbolift shaft. I've learned to just skip that one even with purple doffs.

I like the "Execute For Incompetence" and "Execute Changeling Spy" for the KDF.

Buy white EMH for 1K ec and execute said program.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User

There's a CASUALTY RISK associated with that particular DOFF mission also. Seriously, why am I keeping people on my ship that will kill someone over a poker game?
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
    fluffymoof wrote: »

There's a CASUALTY RISK associated with that particular DOFF mission also. Seriously, why am I keeping people on my ship that will kill someone over a poker game?

The same casualty risk is also there for the Perform Romeo and Juliet one. But his one is only available from your ship interior.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

Maybe they're playing it on the holodeck with some old Wild West saloon program? If tempers flared or someone was caught cheating... guns were drawn and bullets could fly back then.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This is my personal favorite:
    9900_screenshots_2015-08-24_00002.jpg?raw=1
    Emphasis on "adequately". One redshirt died, the other got injured and this considered adequate, "but without particular distinction".
    I know it's in a combat zone and casualties are to be expected if things go wrong, but damn, either that's cold or losing a redshirt has become the equivalent of failing to get a distinction for a degree.
    Dying is what redshirts are for. Send 3 redshirts into action by themselves, two of them should be eaten whole by space monsters and the last one survive just long enough to croak a warning to the main characters with his dying breath.

Your redshirts failed at dying in sufficiently dramatic fashion.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

Maybe they're playing it on the holodeck with some old Wild West saloon program? If tempers flared or someone was caught cheating... guns were drawn and bullets could fly back then.
    so not only did the poker night fail, so did the safeties on the holodeck as those are suppose to stop you from being shot on the holodeck (in theory at least, in practice they seem to work even less then any pick up lines from me, that is to say almost never).
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    That's overthinking it. All it takes is some alcohol and it's not at all hard to imagine a poker game turning into a fight.

Feel free to dishonorably discharge the affected officers for it if it bothers you to be employing such ruffians.

Or execute them if KDF. B)
    spiritborn wrote: »

so not only did the poker night fail, so did the safeties on the holodeck as those are suppose to stop you from being shot on the holodeck (in theory at least, in practice they seem to work even less then any pick up lines from me, that is to say almost never).

Hosting a poker game doesn't happen on the holo-deck. It would happen in the lounge. Where you know, there's glasses and chairs, and fists. Perhaps even a few weapons, like knives.

Plus it a gambling game. Which, generally tends to bring out the worst in people.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I execute my emergency holograms on KDF side doffs.... well, and the bartender once....
    I execute my emergency holograms on KDF side doffs.... well, and the bartender once....

Me to. I buy the white ones from the replicator and execute the for either incompetence or as a changeling spy.
    Mm5NeXy.gif