test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demorecord Issues

jdciollinsjdciollins Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I was at my fleet's colony holding last night when I tried to use demorecord. For some reason, as soon as I would hit 'enter' the game would crash. This happened every time I would try to use demorecord, either in orbit or planetside. Is any one else having similar issues?

Comments

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Yup - it's a known problem. Simply give the demorecord-file a name and it will work - e.g. /demorecord akira
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    /demorecord {file name} works, but spontaneous recording or quick restart by key binds during events is not that easy.

I use a work around by a self modifying keybind with 2*17 files located in the Live folder.

Ctrl-F8 starts a demorecord, Ctrl-F9 stops recording.

Zipped files here.

Files/Function:

space-dr.txt
    Ctrl+F8 "demorecord space-00$$bind_load_file space-01.txt"
    Ctrl+F9 "demorecordstop"
    Ctrl-F8 starts a demo recording to space-00.demo, and overloads the key bind with space-01.txt

space-01.txt
    Ctrl+F8 "demorecord space-01$$bind_load_file space-02.txt"
    Ctrl-F8 now starts a demo recording to to space-01.demo, and overloads the key bind, again...

space-0F.txt overloads the key bind by space-00.txt and the cycle restarts.

ground-dr.txt and ground-00.txt to ground-0F.txt are intended for recordings on ground.

As each Character has separate key binds, one needs to rename those demo files to something useful whan a toons shooting session is done (16 files for space and ground are good enough for me so far)
  • jdciollinsjdciollins Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thanks for the help guys.