test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dranuur Colony Holding - a HIT, MISS or MEH

storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
What do you guys think about the upcoming Drannur Colony expansion? There are lots of opinion I heard about in tribble but trying to get a more objective opinion from the forums...​​
tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif

Dranuur Colony Holding - a HIT, MISS or MEH 91 votes

Very optimistic about it and my fleetmates really think it is a step in the right direction to enhance team play.
8% 8 votes
Cautioulsy Optimistic. Devs might need to still rework calculations since there is way too much grind.
42% 39 votes
Meh. Could care less about it. Don't like fleets and don't support them. Pass.
5% 5 votes
Worst idea ever since Delta Rising and players DO NOT love it! Take it back
26% 24 votes
Reserve judgement for later or other ideas.
16% 15 votes

Comments

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I feel like Delta Rising...BEST expansion EVER and players Love IT tiger-2.giff0l4s.jpg​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Based on what most were testing on tribble looks like will be a major miss opportunity for cryptic. Short term I'm sure lots of fleets might try working on them but the calculated grind is unprecedented.

Luckily, there is more to STO than fleets, PvP, Foundry, end game or PvE....wait is that tiger-14.gifit?​​
  • kktwentykktwenty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    you don't have a "meh but I still like fleets, just not going to bother with the min game grind for no return"
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Blimey people. It’s “COULDN’T CARE LESS”.

/grammar rant.

I think if we give it time and the devs listen to feedback it could be a step in the right direction. Something that brings fleets together as a group of people aiming for the same goal.
    I guess lower fleets will die off but those are not healthy anyway and really it’ll kill off some of the chaff from fleets that is much needed.
    SulMatuul.png
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    None of the above. Our fleet is so small we’ll never make any appreciable progress in the new holding.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Mini games are truly truly awful,
    The 'dil' and resources cost are astronomical,
    5 tiers is way too long for a holding,
    None of the rewards are worthwhile,
    And, probably, impossible for a small fleet anyway.
    So:
    "No thank you Cryptic, please try again! "
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    I'm not at home to test yet but the colony invasion does it really require 20 people to start it or can it be done with less that that? It was broken in tribble and probably still broken in holodeck?​​
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I guess lower fleets will die off but those are not healthy anyway ...

Why exactly are small, casual fleets "not healthy"?

Sorry, was on my phone and it removed the words "some of" from my sentence.

I meant to say that some smaller fleets won't stand a chance if the grind is really so bad. But those fleets with little involvement for members, or those tiny personal fleets were already less than healthy or struggling anyway. So it's maybe good that those members can move to bigger fleets to help the masses get faster upgrades etc. This size of holding really does need a concerted effort from a large community to get the most out of it, that is where a big fleet could really shine.
    SulMatuul.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I dunno, it's basically a second Starbase. If your small fleet managed to get that completed, you know how long it took you, and you know how long this will take you. If your fleet didn't, forget about this one as well.
    I just hope it doesn't slow the progress on K-13 on my Klingon side fleet, it's still struggling to complete that, and I think the sexiest thing in it requires Tier 3.

I am not sure there is anything really exciting for me in the holding, other than eventually seeing the completed map perhaps.
    valoreah wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I guess lower fleets will die off but those are not healthy anyway ...

Why exactly are small, casual fleets "not healthy"?

Allergies?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Well, I won't be grinding those darn mini-games for the next 12 months that's for sure. I would rather go to a backyard dentist and have my teeth pulled out one by one, it would be less painful.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I like it, especially when you can use hover boards to get around from location A to location B much quicker instead of walking.

22181183_1484078005045722_5451643488948094188_o.jpg?oh=5e8d84d37e58c75acbf876a150b00def&oe=5A810F0A22219985_1484077875045735_1659569374367891910_o.jpg?oh=3057c2dc03c792c14052dee0f75a07b7&oe=5A478F5222219859_1484078425045680_1366496288411057237_o.jpg?oh=6c1fa7ad0f0842bae5cc676323c78808&oe=5A79903E
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    My fleet is small-ish and strictly casual. We took one look at this and went, nope. Given that none of us are interested in joining a larger fleet we're just going to have to do with because like hell we're grinding this amount.

*shrug* For fleets like mine it's either this choice or leaving the game. It's certainly not an incentive for any of us to stay.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Just one big bloody grind...small fleets could spend years on it...always the rare chance Cryptic will listen but odds point to no.

Only time they actually listened is when Tac players whined about nerfs so they un-nerfed them
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I like it, especially when you can use hover boards to get around from location A to location B much quicker instead of walking.

Ooh, cool, I missed that on my first alt's visit. Shame they didn't enable jetpacks....
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Just one big bloody grind...small fleets could spend years on it...always the rare chance Cryptic will listen but odds point to no.

Only time they actually listened is when Tac players whined about nerfs so they un-nerfed them
    It's a 5-tier holding. All fleets are meant to spend years on it.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    New Holding seems pretty awesome. I haven't seen much yet, but all the 'Doom!' and crying turned out to be just complaining before they'd ever seen what they were complaining about.

As I had expected, the provisions (the thing that by far seemed to be the most problematic element from what I had gathered on here) are not all that bad.

I just completed the new ground queue. It gave 150 provisions despite our team not being very succesful w.r.t. the objectives. So really, it isn't that bad and most healthy fleets that have at least some active players, shouldn't have too much trouble to complete multiple projects each week - especially since the provisions seem to be the only slightly difficult part here.

Will it be completed in a few months? No, it will likely still take a few years. But that's not unreasonable for a 5 tier holding with great looking assets, gear etc. And it's why these holdings are added in the first place.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Honestly, my only problem was with learning the map but now I know my way around. I played the battery, luxury, ore minigames a total of seven times for the first round of hourlies. I can probably commit to doing this four times a day at least. Map looks great. As soon as I get my powerboard from the bank I'm heading back in. LLAP
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Huh, interesting. Not only can you use hoverboards, but swimwear is also (currently) allowed. And formalwear. But not clubwear.

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Don't really care.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Will this game be around to see these complete?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Came at the wrong time and just proves once again that the devs are vastly out of touch with the playerbase and what the game needs..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I think it's awesome.

Small fleets whining...so what else is new, they've whined for 5 years about all the holdings.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    We can get more use out of the hoverboards, so yay!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I'm just going to take it slow and not worry about finishing it every day. And fleets don't suddenly die off if they opt not to do it. That's not how the game works. There will be 3 or 4 big fleets that get it done ASAP, and they'll be dealing with beggars from every quadrant til the rest catch up.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'm Cautioulsy Pessimistic. :) The Dilithium cost is overwhelming; and the minigames are a complete and utter disaster. FFS, I had to walk half-an-hour to even reach 1 mining point! And they're on a 1 hour cd too. Riiiight.
    3lsZz0w.jpg