test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lead to believe I would get a ship on Infinity Lock Box

I thought I would get to choose from a big list of ships on the Infinity Lock Box, so I bought a key excited to open it................. instead i get 5 Lobi Crystals.............. same bull TRIBBLE as Sona Lock Box.............
I feel as though I been ripped off and I want my ZEN back for that Lock Box Key or I want my T6 D9 Dreadnought that I had intended to get by unlocking the box and choosing my prize.
Or give me the key back, you take your silly Lobi Crystals and Ill sell the key in the exchange and let someone else get ripped off.

Yea, yea I didnt thoroughly read the info, but still this is bull TRIBBLE.
Discord: Pryor#2941

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    It's not bull.

LOL. You're the kind of guy who buys a lottery ticket and then goes to the shop and complain the day after. "I didn't win a few million. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!"
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I literally spit coffee out my nose reading this. Thanks OP, that's the funniest thing I have ever seen in these forums.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    every box is the same 0.01 chance for the ships, i believe. lobis are good for, bind on pickup items for self use or for lobi ships. now we can sell lobi ships for 250m ec and get 4-5 desired lock box ships... or sell keys. it is only gambling or unfair for those that don't research these things.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    I thought I would get to choose from a big list of ships on the Infinity Lock Box, so I bought a key excited to open it................. instead i get 5 Lobi Crystals.............. same bull **** as Sona Lock Box.............
    I feel as though I been ripped off and I want my ZEN back for that Lock Box Key or I want my T6 D9 Dreadnought that I had intended to get by unlocking the box and choosing my prize.
    Or give me the key back, you take your silly Lobi Crystals and Ill sell the key in the exchange and let someone else get ripped off.

Yea, yea I didnt thoroughly read the info, but still this is bull ****.

If you did not bother to do research or even ask question about lockboxes before gambling on them, then you really have no one to blame but yourself if you become extremely upset by the outcome. Lack of understanding is the reason why you feel ripped off and it is your own fault.

All lockboxes are gambling devices. The fact that you got "burned" with the Son'a Lockbox should have been a clear indication of that. Generally speaking, based on tests done on the Tribble server, lockboxes have a 0.5% chance of dropping the grand prize of a box containing a T6 starship, or the token allowing you to choose a T6 ship from the Infinity Lockbox.

Promo R&D Packs are also gambling devices. It costs more to purchase a promo R&D pack compared to a Mastery Key in the C-Store, but based on tests in the Tribble server, the chance to win the grand prize T6 starship is about 1%.

If you do not like gambling, then stay away from opening lockboxes and promo R&D packs.... unless you want the Lobi Crystals. The best way to get one of those T6 starships is to purchase master keys or promo R&D packs and sell them on the Exchange. Let others do the gambling. They will either decide to keep the ship for themselves or list them on the Exchange. Sell enough master keys / promo R&D packs to build up EC to buy the ship.
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    Star Trek Online should come out with a new product............
    The Master Skeleton Key will allow its user to CHOOSE his prize instead of getting a random prize, i would buy a few of them, I would get my Ferengi Nagus Ship, my Klingon D9, and a bad **** Federation Ship too.

Sure, make it a $199 single use item in the Arc Store which allows you to choose a single T6 ship currently in the Infinity Lockbox.
  • leneal#7867 leneal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    What is the Drop chance on these promo R&D boxes on PS4 i bought 100 boxes and received nothing and customer support refuses to help! 20,000 zen for nothing, and no response and all the publications make it seem like you will actually get one of these ships with a decent try. not that it is impossible to get one!
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    What is the Drop chance on these promo R&D boxes on PS4 i bought 100 boxes and received nothing and customer support refuses to help! 20,000 zen for nothing, and no response and all the publications make it seem like you will actually get one of these ships with a decent try. not that it is impossible to get one!

It's basically a very, very low chance of drop. Think about a drop chance around 0.01%, which means you should not do like the OP and open those with your mind set on getting a grand prize just after a couple of tries (let alone cry and rage about it afterwards, but that's another story...)

It's basically a gamble, with a very faint, almost non-existent chance of getting the grand prize ship.

Now, if you really want one rare ship in particular, a much safer bet is to buy lockbox keys with Zen, and resell them on the Exchange till you collect enough money to buy the ship directly from the Exchange (just be sure it's available there firsthand, of course!). Lockbox keys will usually sell out pretty fast, for 'circa' 5.000.000 ec each (sometimes more, sometimes less, you gotta check the prices), which means you can easily collect around 100.000.000 ec per 20 keys in a relatively short amount of time.

Tribble Server testing (PC only) indicates that with several tens of thousands of tested results by now that the drop rate for Promo R&D Packs is about 1% and lockboxes have a 0.5% drop rate for the grand prize ship.

The drop rate for these Promo R&D Packs and lockboxes should be the same on the consoles. However, since there is no test sever available for console players, then the only way to verify that is to spend real money and open tens of thousands of Packs / lockboxes in order to have a large enough sample size to the probabilities to be considered accurate enough.

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    A little math:

At 0.5% per lockbox, you have a 99.5% per lockbox of getting a lesser prize. Opening 100 consecutively gives you .995^100=.60577, or 60.577% chance of getting *no* ship.

At 100 keys, you have just under a 40% chance of getting one (or more) grand prize ships.

Handy calculator: http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx
    .005 for probability and however many keys you have for trials. The easiest way is actually to calculate the probability for 0 successes, since there are cumulative but increasingly unlikely probabilities for every number of ships. For 100 keys, your probabilities are:

0 ships: 60.577%
    1 ship: 30.44%
    2 ships: 7.57%
    3 ships: 1.24%
    4 ships: 0.151%

And so on up to 100 ships with a probability so low as to be zero, but not *quite* zero.