test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone Else getting zilch for the event?

Every time I play this kabimashi event I keep getting 0 points and as such no reward and then have to wait another 30 minutes to try again. Anyone else getting this bug or w/e? It's really really frustrating.

Comments

• maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    the min to get anything is 3 complete waves
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Twice now I've been on teams that could not keep the Maru alive to wave four. One ship can only heal so much. Luckily it's an account token so you can switch to another character without the bother of waiting 30 minutes.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, had to run it 5 times to get to Wave 3 or higher. The 2 losses, it seemed Borg popped in on Wave 2 right on the Maru and nuked it before anyone could respond. Kinda a dik move by the npcs.

Really wish the 'disabled' Maru would STOP flying around!!!!! :#
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    been above wave 3 in all my rounds so far, it's a lot tougher than it looks as it comes on suddenly in difficulty level.

Started off with Heralds in round one, moved on to Vaadwuar in round two, round three had romulan republic (those heavy plasma torpedoes hurt! :smiley:), finish it off with Undine forces in round four and at this point the team is barely alive, 2 dead 2 heavily damaged and the 5th moderately damaged. Terran forces warp in, game over almost immediately.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    If you have the Event Lukari Sci ship, take its console with you on your ship. It's an AoE heal for several seconds, pop it and stay within 3km and you can get it healed to full very quickly. It can only be up fifteen seconds per 2 minutes, but that should get you past round 3 with being able to pull it out of the fire at least once, so long as you keep track of Maru (I recommend pinning it, so it stays on your UI to see how far away it is).
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    If you have the Event Lukari Sci ship, take its console with you on your ship. It's an AoE heal for several seconds, pop it and stay within 3km and you can get it healed to full very quickly. It can only be up fifteen seconds per 2 minutes, but that should get you past round 3 with being able to pull it out of the fire at least once, so long as you keep track of Maru (I recommend pinning it, so it stays on your UI to see how far away it is).

To build on this, using traditional heals on the Maru is pretty pointless as like every other NPC in the game its a hit point sponge with low resists (hence it still dies fast), but that means using traditional heals barely do anything for it (you might get 5% of its hull repaired with engineering team if you're lucky. On the other hand heals like the Protomatter Console from the Lukari Ship cause the Maru to regenerate its hull which it does a lot quicker under this affect and so one use of that console can fully heal the Maru and more.

Something to bare in mind when you build your ships for this event.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    mattaukett wrote: »
    To build on this, using traditional heals on the Maru is pretty pointless as like every other NPC in the game its a hit point sponge with low resists (hence it still dies fast), but that means using traditional heals barely do anything for it (you might get 5% of its hull repaired with engineering team if you're lucky. On the other hand heals like the Protomatter Console from the Lukari Ship cause the Maru to regenerate its hull which it does a lot quicker under this affect and so one use of that console can fully heal the Maru and more.

Something to bare in mind when you build your ships for this event.

In both cases the answer is the same, they need to be close to the player deploying it and none of the players and NPC moving around like the KM. The challenge is making the most use of the situation which will be very tricky.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Really wish the 'disabled' Maru would STOP flying around!!!!! :#

If it would just stop flying into the middle of the mob I'd take it moving about a bit. It really makes no sense, if the KM is able to move why isn't it moving away from the enemies?
    Idk if the captain is drunk, stoned or what, but if that ship ever survives the wanker should be court martialed for incompetence.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    % based heals are key to anything that requires keeping an npc alive. Flat numbers have the same effect as trying to fix a warp core breach with a roll of cling film.

Last time I tried out the repair drone console as a backup and they ignored the maru.
  • railcarrailcar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Watch which direction the KM is going, it makes fairly neat circles within a limited area. When ships are spawning get out ahead of it and pull aggro from as many targets as possible. Heal the KM during any free time that you have.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    [rant]
    I suggest Cryptic change the VO from the ship at the beginning of this event to the following:
    "This is the Kobiyashi Maru. Nineteen seconds into this grindfest. We have struck a speed and turn enhancing mine which allows us to drive our defenseless vessel at Full Impulse into the nearest swarm of enemies determined to kill us as quickly as possible. We can't stop ourselves. We're programmed this way. By a group of people who have never watched the the scene from ST:TWOK. Which we are supposed to be recreating in a game format."

Kirk said it best. "I don't believe in the No-Win scenario." Which this abomination is not. It is a waste of resources and manhours by the Dev Team which is almost as bad as the redesigned Mirror Invasion Event. At least Obisek, that valiant Reman freedom fighter, cannot charge into the teeth of the enemy. The Kobiyashi Maru Event is doable. It is even PUGable. But this version is at best a gross misrepresentation of the scene where Lt. Saavik learns the Kobiyashi Maru test is all about character, not victory.
    [/rant]
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    [...]Luckily it's an account token so you can switch to another character without the bother of waiting 30 minutes.

I'm not so sure about that, since you need the 3 tokens on one character to account-wide unlock the newest items, and claiming one token is account-wide so you can't repeat it on the chosen character.

I've made that mistake on alt account and now have to struggle to obtain the 3rd for the new item - had the impression other old slotted special event projects would be unlockable when it's only old slotted weekend event ones.

Unless the token isn't character bound, and you have an account bank, then that would work but haven't verified.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Idk if the captain is drunk, stoned or what, but if that ship ever survives the wanker should be court martialed for incompetence.

"Gravitic mines" also ended the captain's marriage and are the reason the KM is his third posting in five years. Turns out "hitting a gravitic mine" is his private euphemism for a case of Saurian Brandy. The cheap stuff, too. The kind the engineer could use to remove corrosion from the EPS conduits if she knew where he was hiding the bottles.

• ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...Unless the token isn't character bound, and you have an account bank, then that would work but haven't verified...

Well it's verified enough for me since I've done it twice this weekend. Twice I was on teams that didn't make round four so I switched characters and transferred the tokens they received and gave 'em to my main who has unlocked this weekend's special.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    [...]Luckily it's an account token so you can switch to another character without the bother of waiting 30 minutes.

I'm not so sure about that, since you need the 3 tokens on one character to account-wide unlock the newest items, and claiming one token is account-wide so you can't repeat it on the chosen character.

I've made that mistake on alt account and now have to struggle to obtain the 3rd for the new item - had the impression other old slotted special event projects would be unlockable when it's only old slotted weekend event ones.

Unless the token isn't character bound, and you have an account bank, then that would work but haven't verified.
    The token is transferable.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've always stored them in the Account Bank, so they are definitely usable by any Character on the Account. If you are buying something for three Tokens, all three must be spent by the same Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would not mind a rework that had the Maru when reduced to a zero hull points enters into a warp-core breach/downed state, and that the group has a certain period of time to heal the Maru back up to 50% hull points. I could see making it that the time you have to heal the Maru back up an avert the warp-core breach is based on how many times it has entered into this warp-core breach/downed state.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'm getting zilch for this event. But that's because I'm not doing it. There is nothing in the weekend event store that I want.
    Mm5NeXy.gif