test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavor: 10 prisoners/tribble carcasses

So you have to do the ONE mission that you can only do once per hour 5 times? Sounds like a real annoyance.
And I guess the price of tribble carcasses has skyrocketed. :D

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    For a KDF, you'd have to wait around for up to 10 hours for your Cannibal Tribble to munch down 10 regular Tribbles. Feds got off easy on this one.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I have tribble carcass farms in the bank of every character I have, its real easy to make one, put 1 VR or better tribble in the bank with a couple of cannibal tribbles and dump in all food items that drop as loot. I have hundreds of carcasses stored up.

I thought they fixed this to where they had to be in your inventory and you had to be online on that character? If this is so.. I got a couple of storage characters with nothing better to do.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > I have tribble carcass farms in the bank of every character I have, its real easy to make one, put 1 VR or better tribble in the bank with a couple of cannibal tribbles and dump in all food items that drop as loot. I have hundreds of carcasses stored up.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought they fixed this to where they had to be in your inventory and you had to be online on that character? If this is so.. I got a couple of storage characters with nothing better to do.

They only eat if your logged in on that character, but they eat in inventory or bank, though not fleet bank or account bank. I simply do not have a "main" or "storage alt" character, all of my characters are equally important to me.

Oh they are important characters. They just hold my excess stuff. Their main purpose is to remain low level, thus allowing me to open gear boxes for the Mk II version.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Strange that they kept in place the time gate for a simple Endeavor mission. Can I submit across all toons on the same account to reach the maximum in one hour instead of five?​​
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Strange that they kept in place the time gate for a simple Endeavor mission. Can I submit across all toons on the same account to reach the maximum in one hour instead of five?​​
    I tried that and it don't work it has to be done on 1 character
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    so ou have 4 cannibal tribbles, will all 4 cycle together or just 1 at a time?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    It's 10 Tribbles and only KDF. They can also do 10 Prisoners at once. Feds no Tribbles and only 2 Prisoners at a time. Looks like Security Officer missions only, but since they are timed I will need to wait and see if they trigger the completion of the Endeavor.

To be honest, this Endeavor was poorly thought out and written up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    If you have 4 Cannibal Tribbles and 4 regular Tribbles, they will all be eaten at the same time. They do not eat while you are logged off.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Sigh​​
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    My KDF characters all have two cannibal tribbles and from time to time I would drop tribbles and food into their bank inventories. All I had to do was log in to claim the Endeavor prize.

:smiley:
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I don't do the ones that put me far out of my normal play. This is one of those.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I don't do the ones that put me far out of my normal play. This is one of those.

Yeah, I don't bother going out of my way to do these Endeavor missions. If it is just a minor inconvenience, then I would likely do them, but not always.
    All of my Characters have two to four Cannibal Tribbles in Inventory and usually two in their Bank. There are usually two in the Account Bank in case Characters need to pull more.

Two of my KDF Characters had either 10 or 27 Carcasses in their Inventory and nothing triggered on login. Nothing triggered just interacting with the Security Officer. Did turn in 10 Prisoners. Started on Qo'noS but then realized that the Endeavor mentioned ESD and DS9 only, so went to DS9. I even sent 10 Carcasses to a Fed Character to interact with the Security Officer on ESD. No luck there either.

Will wait for the Mission to complete.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well with the poorly written Endeavor they say ESD or DS9 so that free Transwarp may not matter.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    So, anyone wanna buy some dead Tribbles ? :)
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    nikephorus wrote: »

I visit the security officer every day to turn over contraband. The fed version of turning over 10 prisoners would take 5 visits so I'm passing on it, but the kdf version with 10 tribble carcasses is just a click away and since the endeavor is account wide I should be done with it when I log on tomorrow.

EDIT: Ended up with one mark and two 1k dilithium boxes.
    Post edited by fftt on
    Well, the Endeavor does complete if you login, if say you have the Tribble Bounty Assignment slotted and completed while you were logged out.

Prisoners only for Federation aligned, and Tribbles only for KDF aligned. Feds are going to have to do the turn over Prisoners FIVE times. I assume the above would hold true on the fifth time when logging in as well.

In this case it pays to just follow the Endeavors instructions in your HUD Mission Log rather than read up the Assignment Text in your 'In Progress' Log.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The second time I ran the tribble bounty assignment my Gorn security officer was arrested for trying to exploit the system...no joke. That officer was unavailable for something like 48hrs. That was years ago. I have cannibal tribbles but I put the carcasses on the exchange. I'm not touching this endeavor.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    The second time I ran the tribble bounty assignment my Gorn security officer was arrested for trying to exploit the system...no joke. That officer was unavailable for something like 48hrs. That was years ago. I have cannibal tribbles but I put the carcasses on the exchange. I'm not touching this endeavor.

LOL. So that's what happened. A few months back I noticed one of my DOffs as being unavailable and listed in the brig but when I tried to check the assignment log, for the life of me, I couldn't see why he was put there. The cause must have scrolled out of my log by the time I noticed it, which is a shame since reading little things like getting ambushed while making a trading run make DOffing interesting.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    This is up there with not bothering to check and see what tholian captain (if any) would reward the endeavour.

Someone thought it was a good idea one night down the pub and a reminder was scribbled onto a soggy beermat so they totally ignored any possible time issues involved.

Proof of alcohol related thought is there in the fact that its a single doff mission for the klinks and we all know how much love the kdf get from the devs for not being part of the federation.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    So something thats randomly possible on ANY Doff assignment is a reason not to do this? That makes less sense than parental warnings on Sesame Street dvds, which is utterly nonsensical.
    They gotta make up something to whine about, seeing as there's nothing actually wrong with the endeavor. B)
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Considering you can buy the required items from the exchange and just be done (other than logging back in later to complete the submission), this isn't hard to do at all.