test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CONGRATULATIONS CRYPTIC YOU HAVE 1 MORE PLAYER TRULY ASTONISHED AT THIS FANTASTIC TNG ANNIVERSARY

From the free swag / loot to the cool event and the fantastic job With Gordi LaForge new Episodes, its easy to see that the STAR TREK IP is in good hands!

THANKS CRYPTIC DEVS.
“The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Actually, I feel sorry for Levardis Robert Martyn "LeVar" Burton Jr. here. His entire introduction to STO, was just so that they could showcase the new galaxy interior.

The episode was short, and didn't actually represent the Nexus at all. Nor did it do any justice to Levar, or his character Geordie. Well, other than to have a little fix the console in engineering.

So on this it was nothing more than a The Price Is Right showcase. At the end of it, I keep expecting Geordie to ask, "Can you guess the price of this interior?"

Unless of course this is a sarcastic post. If so, you've hit the nail on the head there.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    trennan wrote: »
    Actually, I feel sorry for Levardis Robert Martyn "LeVar" Burton Jr. here. His entire introduction to STO, was just so that they could showcase the new galaxy interior.

The episode was short, and didn't actually represent the Nexus at all. Nor did it do any justice to Levar, or his character Geordie. Well, other than to have a little fix the console in engineering.

So on this it was nothing more than a The Price Is Right showcase. At the end of it, I keep expecting Geordie to ask, "Can you guess the price of this interior?"

Unless of course this is a sarcastic post. If so, you've hit the nail on the head there.

Seems to me OP is enjoying the game. Only has 26 posts. Must be new.

He's not yet been turned into a jadded warrior forum poster. Like us vets. :wink:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

He's not yet been turned into a jadded warrior forum poster. Like us vets. :wink:

I won't say I'm not jaded. I just try not to let it affect my judgement. I've played Beyond the Nexus twice and that was enough for me. I tried to enjoy it. There just wasn't anything there to enjoy. The whole episode could've just been...

"Hello, I'm Geordie La Forge. And this is the new galaxy interior. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you buy the new interior."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

I won't say I'm not jaded. I just try not to let it affect my judgement. I've played Beyond the Nexus twice and that was enough for me. I tried to enjoy it. There just wasn't anything there to enjoy. The whole episode could've just been...

"Hello, I'm Geordie La Forge. And this is the new galaxy interior. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you buy the new interior."

:tongue:
    yeah, I hear ya.

It really was a little thin content wise. (Compared to the Tuvok missions for example). They got really good use/mileage out of Russ in comparison.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I can see good points on both sides, but to be honest, Beyond the Nexus was a much better mission in terms of grinding out a three piece set. I'd much rather play a mission that's a bit shorter for a set than to play A Step Between Stars three times. That said, I love Geordi and very much enjoyed hearing Burton's voice again. Wouldn't have minded it being a bit longer.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I have far fewer posts (I think), but, I've been here since just shortly after launch. I just don't like to post.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User

Well there's still the possibility that they'll add another episode with him before Beyond the Nexus - given the strange opening dialogue where we seem to have met him before.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Oh and OP, I really like that profile pic. They should add a belt in-game with that icon on it, maybe as a variation to the DS9 admiral belt.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I really appreciated how short the mission was. I've been playing through DR recently and my god some of those missions are outrageously long.

I thought Levar Burton knocked it out of the park with the voiceover - can't say the same for some of the other actors who have reprised their roles. Have a bit of appreciation for the work he's done here, I thought it was awesome how he brought Geordi back to life. I think there's more to come from Levar Burton in the game that we haven't seen yet, either. I can't wait to see more from one of my favorite TNG characters.

I thought Beyond the Nexus had a great TOS feel to it, the devs did a great job and I think the FEs are getting better and better in quality. The episodes are much more interesting than Discovery if you ask me.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

The event stuff for the TNG anniversary is great. The episode could have been better, and did feel like a checklist, but LeVar Burton's work in it was quite good.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

hah! :tongue: Yeah STO has had it's ups and downs as have the rest of us.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.

hah! :tongue: Yeah STO has had it's ups and downs as have the rest of us.

Yeah, lots of ups and downs. Mostly in the spectrum of, *headscratch* "What are they trying to do?"

You know that whole...

1wrz2i.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

...feeling.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Pretty sure the devs have the "Rules of Acquisition" posted on each wall in their conference room.... so as to remind everyone that everything they discuss...must bring profit.
    Pretty sure the devs have the "Rules of Acquisition" posted on each wall in their conference room.... so as to remind everyone that everything they discuss...must bring profit.

1ws2p0.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea well I admit I try to see things from both sides players & developers and generally TRY to be complimentary of CRYPTIC most of the time.

I too was a little disappointed the Nexus story aside from getting close to it - really didn't explore any of the canon or lore typical of the Nexus. I mean why would this Alien choose to leave the Nexus if it was a paradise, unless his thoughts had him wonder where he was and wanted to leave, before finding himself aboard a ship at it's edge using telekinetic / psychic abilities to impair the crew. That story or explanation I just thought was framed poorly to discovering how the ships got trapped or how or what the alien was that got him to where he was...

I would have liked to see something that had a much better story develop over the episode or at least a much longer one uncovering what went on; it was also a good opportunity to show how an engineer with good skills or background offers creative solutions to overcome challenges. Especially since we have the new Miracle Worker specialization coming.

We'll have to hope there's a little improvement in story telling in future episodes. Many of the Lukari episodes had some great story telling...
    0zxlclk.png
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Well there's still the possibility that they'll add another episode with him before Beyond the Nexus - given the strange opening dialogue where we seem to have met him before.

He only acts that way to starfleet characters, Rom's and KDF get a slightly altered opening
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    i too agree. gratz

Blessed Exchequer, forgive us. your children have gone astray.

dogsorwar_376.jpg
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm an Old Timer but I'm not jaded.

Disgusted, Disgruntled, & Devious are much better descriptors for me.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif