test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Science Set (for Exotic particle generator + Control) better than Dyson reputation ?

2»

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    fced wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    The best deflector for EPG is the Solanae deflector from the feature episode A Step Between Stars. When upgraded to UR it give a whopping +50 EPG, more than anything else.

As for the rest of the sets, I find the Romulan/Reman reputation 2pc to be pretty decent. The 2pc bonus gives a boost to EPG and the engines and shields that i use for the set and pretty decent too. You could alternatively use the Romulan/Reman rep deflector instead of the Solanae one to get the 2pc, it gives a sizable boost to CtrlX and DrainX.

As you are a Romulan however then you will have access to several singularity cores that give a +40 EPG boost when upgraded. In fact Romulan toons can in theory boost EPG up to well over 700 which will do some serious damage with exotic based a damage attacks.

Can you tell me which singularity core which give +40 EPG boost ? Are you talking about the fleet singularity core ?

The + 40 EPG is at Mk 14..The TemporalSingularity is +EPG (I dont remember if its +40 tho)..
    Standard and Fleet Cores with [PG] can get up to 40.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    Hello,
    i have made my definitive choice, the Temporal look the more balanced set for EPG/Drain/Control, each piece of the set give something (Drain/EPG/Control) and the set 2 give some bonus, so let's say i will go for it, i am still annoyed because the Singularity core don't have Engine power on it, but i think the Temporal is a good choice for a science...
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Defense_Initiative_Starship_Technologies
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    fced wrote: »
    Hello,
    i have made my definitive choice, the Temporal look the more balanced set for EPG/Drain/Control, each piece of the set give something (Drain/EPG/Control) and the set 2 give some bonus, so let's say i will go for it, i am still annoyed because the Singularity core don't have Engine power on it, but i think the Temporal is a good choice for a science...
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Defense_Initiative_Starship_Technologies

Well..you could always use Emergency Power to engines..or emergency power to ____ and then the 1 or 2 of the Warp Core Engineer + Subsystem Power variantDoff...Granted your already using traits that give you all subsytem power anyways..so..your call.

In my speed/(PVP) sci ship builds I use Emergency power to Engines (but not the Doff).But Ive also got all my power in Engines and Aux (some ships in 90 in each)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.