test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Women of Star Trek

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
So, I've been watching some of the old TOS episodes, and it occurred to me that there were some REALLY staggeringly beautiful women on that show. That got me thinking, who was the MOST beautiful? That got me thinking about who I thought was the most beautiful in each series... and then in Star Trek as a whole.

So, I thought I'd let you all play along.

Name ONE actress (or actor, if that's your preference) from each series who you found MOST attractive. Then, choose ONE to be your MOST BEAUTIFUL (handsome).

For me:

TOS: Susan Denberg (the blonde in the blue dress from Mudd's Women - and Yvonne Craig deserves mention, at least)
TNG: Olivia D'Abo
DS9: Nana Visitor
VOY: Jeri Ryan (tough, because I didn't watch much of this show)
ENT: Jolene Blalock

STAR TREK: Susan Denberg (REALLY tough call, Nana is so stunning....)
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Girls: Sonja Gomez and Beyond's Keyla (I think that's her name), the Iconians, the woman from "that witch survives"

Boys: Q (What?! He's got nice eyes), Spock, the Jem'Hadar, Gorn.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Alas. Disappointed no one else wanted to play.

I don't wish to be rude to the female players by objectifying these women in a list. sorry.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.

I don't wish to be rude to the female players by objectifying these women in a list. sorry.

Can't say for anyone else, but I won't get mad. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Dat Horta. Dang!​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    TOS: Joanne Lindville
    TNG: Gates McFadden or Julie Hetrick
    ENT: Jolene Blalock
    DS9: Terry Farrell
    VOY: Scarlet Pomers
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix

I'll never understand why admiring beauty is considered a negative thing. Also, I did offer the alternative of choosing male actors, if that's what works for you.

you can do that if you wish by going both directions. although i never stated it was a negative thing, i just felt a little more respect was due.
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    A lot of very beautiful women have been on Star Trek. I will start with some of my favorites from TOS.

maurishkataliaferro.jpg

Maurishka Kataliaferro

A 1960s model, she was the first celebrity to use their clout to get a cameo role on Star Trek. She played Yeoman Zahra in the TOS episode Operation: Annihilate.

e21e2084bfd67745e7734b77454e7adf--star-trek-episodes-star-trek-original.jpg

Arlene Martel

Played Spock's wife T'Pring in the TOS episode AmokTime

7990-6.jpg

Leslie Parrish

Played Lieutenant Carolyn Palamas in the TOS episode Who Mourns for Adonais?

0089ae541baa6f4bf5cce745ac471ee2--star-trek--united-federation-of-planets.jpg
    87e856e12ee33400bdeede8267aeb0ed--startrek-com-starship-enterprise.jpg

BarBara Luna

Played Lieutenant Marlena Moreau, and her mirror universe counterpart in the TOS episode Mirror Mirror.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    A lot of very beautiful women have been on Star Trek. I will start with some of my favorites from TOS.

maurishkataliaferro.jpg

Maurishka Kataliaferro

A 1960s model, she was the first celebrity to use their clout to get a cameo role on Star Trek. She played Yeoman Zahra in the TOS episode Operation: Annihilate.

e21e2084bfd67745e7734b77454e7adf--star-trek-episodes-star-trek-original.jpg

Arlene Martel

Played Spock's wife T'Pring in the TOS episode AmokTime

7990-6.jpg

Leslie Parrish

Played Lieutenant Carolyn Palamas in the TOS episode Who Mourns for Adonais?

0089ae541baa6f4bf5cce745ac471ee2--star-trek--united-federation-of-planets.jpg
    87e856e12ee33400bdeede8267aeb0ed--startrek-com-starship-enterprise.jpg

BarBara Luna

Played Lieutenant Marlena Moreau, and her mirror universe counterpart in the TOS episode Mirror Mirror.

Luna's also done several Phase 2 appearances.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    TOS: Nichelle Nichols, hands down. Pretty kick-TRIBBLE when the writers let her be, too.

TNG: Torn between Marina Sirtis and Ashley "Robin Loeffler" Judd.

DS9: Nicole de Boer.

VOY: This one was even harder than TNG, but I have to give it to Kate Mulgrew in a tank top with a bandolier of photon grenades, toting a compression phaser rifle. Just something about that image...

ENT: Jolene Blalock, obviously.

DSC: It's early days yet, but the beauty of Sonequa Martin-Green is undeniable.

OVERALL: Still gotta give it to Nichelle, man. Pretty, unwilling to hide it (she reportedly shortened her uniform even more to show off her legs, and frankly if I had legs like that I'd be proud too), smart, with a character strong enough to become a department chief on one of Starfleet's premiere ships, she's got it all going on.

/edits for the edit monster! Words for the word throne!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Enterprise: Bobbi Sue Luther as the Orion being auctioned in the slave market.

TOS: Never really seen...

TNG: Famke Janssen. Though Marina Sirtis ain't bad either.

DS9: Tough, but I had a crush on Terry Farrel, she wins over Nana Visitor.

VOY: Well, that ain't much of a contest here - Jeri Ryan.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    TOS movies: Spice Williams... she managed to be the sexiest Klingon ever without wearing a "sexy" outfit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Me neither. :)

For me, TOS: Sherry Jackson (Andrea)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I will pick one from each man and woman as to your request to handsome or attractive (but not the most), that way i'm keeping it balanced out. :smile:

Lycia Naff - Ensign Gomez
    Garrett Wang - Ensign Kim
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    TOS: Yvonne Craig (Marta)
    TNG: Susan Gibney (Leah Brahms)
    DS9: Chase Masterson (Leeta)
    VOY: Jeri Ryan (Seven)
    ENT: Noa Tishby (Cpl Amanda Cole)
    KT: Rachel Nichols (Gaila)

Overall: Noa Tishby. By far.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Me neither. :)

For me, TOS: Sherry Jackson (Andrea)

Pretty much, yea.

I also liked http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ard'rian_McKenzie
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    How about this sexy sample of womanhood...
    wo5mBUE.png

Hubba Hubba!
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Oh dammit, how did I forget about Leeta... Just saw an article about Chase masterson yesterday. Yeah, DS9 was crammed with eye candy.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!