test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First ever fleet ship

So i have a number of cstore ships but never got a fleet ship. Today i decided to change all that and upgraded my arbiter to fleet variant....oh joy!

Not sure what to do next...thinking of upgrading the kdf battlecruiser? Is it worthwhile...similar upgrade as the arbiter i assume?

Anyone else found fleet upgrades to be significant boosts in performance? If so what specific ships?

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    The fleet advanced light cruiser is nice, gives you the soyuz skin as well.
    The fleet t6 excelsior is also nice.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    I like the Fleet Ushaan :sunglasses: One of my favorite ships while levelling, so it's nice to have one which is Endgame-suitable :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    T6 Fleet Defiant, tough little ship :)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
      The arbiter and the Klingon variant are basically the best zen store ships and so are worth upgrading. Most either kinda stink or are fleet out of the box.

I mean, an extra console is always nice. But a lot of ships are just bad to begin with and giving them an extra console and 10% hit points doesn't help that much.
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Any non fleet ship that you enjoy flying is worth the upgrade. The fleet ship is just a slightly better version of the ship you already love.

That being said, Arbiter is a great choice. Same for the RRF and KDF equivalents (Morrigu/Kurak.) I have alts that use the Fleet Yamato and the Fleet Jupiter, and I quite enjoy both ships.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      i've been seriously considering upgrading my t5u fleet excelsior for the t6 fleet version, i got everything needed for it and i'm assuming one provision is required for one ship module? So that is 20k dil? I still have an unspent 25k fleet dil token from a anniversary from a few years ago. I just need to find a fleet willing to offer temporary access to their tier 3 fleet shipyard and contribute to one of their provision projects in dil.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
      Ive got the zen currently to either do the kdf equivalent...I think its the mogh/kurak fleet variant. I may well do this next as the kurak seems more fragile than the arbiter, but that's probably just my piloting skills or lack thereof, heh
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      i've been seriously considering upgrading my t5u fleet excelsior for the t6 fleet version, i got everything needed for it and i'm assuming one provision is required for one ship module? So that is 20k dil? I still have an unspent 25k fleet dil token from a anniversary from a few years ago. I just need to find a fleet willing to offer temporary access to their tier 3 fleet shipyard and contribute to one of their provision projects in dil.

Correct, provided you already own the C-Store Variant. Owning the C-Store T6 Resolute is what lowers the cost of the T6 Fleet ship to one Module. If you do not own the T6 Resolute from the C-Store, then the cost is 5 Fleet Ship Modules.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      I always get the Fleet version; sometimes even immediately, if the Trait doesn't interest me. I do get the C-Store version first, of course, but if the Trait doesn't pique my interest, then I'll forego on creating layout/Mastery, only to have to do those all over again for the Fleet version.
      3lsZz0w.jpg