Certain ground weapons flicker when Lighting 2.0 is turned off. The flickering is visible from some angles and distances, but not others. It does not occur when Lighting 2.0 is turned on. Reflection quality has no effect on the flickering.
Note that the flickering is faster in-game than shown in this video. I think that's because not all frames were captured.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVNAKuwwQMI
Steps to reproduce
1. Log on to a Federation character with a M.A.C.O. Phaser Battle Rifle and a tetryon pulsewave.
2. Turn Lighting 2.0 off.
3. Repeat steps 4 and 5 below with the following settings for "Reflection quality": "High", "Low", and "Off".
4. Equip the M.A.C.O. Phaser Battle Rifle. View the rifle from different angles and distances until you see flickering.
5. Equip the tetryon pulsewave. View the pulsewave from different angles and distances until you see flickering.
6. Turn Lighting 2.0 on.
7. Equip the M.A.C.O. Phaser Battle Rifle. Notice that the rifle does not flicker.
8. Equip the tetryon pulsewave. Notice that the pulsewave does not flicker.
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Service Pack 1
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ
RAM: 12 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (2 GB GDDR5)
Waiting for a programmer ...