The tribbles on the Federation fleet starbase flicker when Lighting 2.0 is turned off. The flickering is visible from some angles and distances, but not others. It does not occur when Lighting 2.0 is turned on. Reflection quality has no effect on the flickering.
Note that the flickering is faster in-game than shown in this video. I think that's because not all frames were captured.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXeyBZH8ho
Steps to reproduce
1. Log on to a Federation character in a fleet that has completed the project "Tribbles & Targs".
2. Visit the fleet starbase.
3. Turn Lighting 2.0 on.
4. Repeat step 5 below with the following settings for "Reflection quality": "High", "Low", and "Off".
5. Look at the tribbles from different angles and distances until you see flickering.
6. Turn Lighting 2.0 off.
7. Notice that the tribbles no longer flicker.
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Service Pack 1
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ
RAM: 12 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (2 GB GDDR5)
EDIT: Changed formatting. Vanilla, don't eat this post.
Waiting for a programmer ...