https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCD9tgWeZYQ

I think this was from Judgement Rites. :o
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Not enough Kelvin Timeline Enterprise, 3/10.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I applaud the effort but these renders give me nightmares pig-2.gif I'd rather play Judgement Rites instead pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I applaud the effort but these renders give me nightmares pig-2.gif I'd rather play Judgement Rites instead pig-1.gif​​

The maker stated in the credits that the computer he was using was very limited.
    So, all things considered, was the best he could do at the time. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Not enough Kelvin Timeline Enterprise, 3/10.​​

I'll post more Excelsior images if ya keep THAT up. >:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Not enough Kelvin Timeline Enterprise, 3/10.

Gf8WTb8.jpg

pig-6.gif​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Not enough Kelvin Timeline Enterprise, 3/10.

Gf8WTb8.jpg

pig-6.gif​​

The Ent-A I can handle, since it's more TOS like than the previous ones, the designer himself even stated that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEQ8eV5TAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2r5PDSc4g

So....you failed. ;)
    1Wwnp1a.jpg

Now, back to the topic on hand. As someone who does 3D art for fun, I understand how someone could be limited in that is made, if their equipment is limited. I could not even play STO until 2014, since the compy I had prior was not strong enough to handle the game. And while I never did animations, I understand how hectic that can be. Also, as the guy stated, he did all the work himself...the rendering, the animating, lip sync to the dialogue, etc, so I can appreciate the results. And as a girl brought up on stuff like Reboot, Beast Wars, The Last Star Fighter, and all that early CGI, what this guy did was just fine to me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Well... I don't see it at all. It's not TOS in the slightest beyond rounder nacelles. It is more TMP like but even that's a stretch. It is however an unholy abomination and ranks as the seventh most hideous ship in the franchise (due to those pylons). Actually, saying that it;s no wonder you like it. Your aesthetics gland was hit by a lethal dose of theta radiation pig-6.gif.

(Incidentally the list is Excelsior (and its refit), Galaxy (and its refit and the Gal-X), Intrepid, Olympic, Dreadnought, Freedom, Yorktown, Niagara, Cheyenne, and the Curry/Raging Queen).​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    Well... I don't see it at all. It's not TOS in the slightest beyond rounder nacelles. It is more TMP like but even that's a stretch. It is however an unholy abomination and ranks as the seventh most hideous ship in the franchise (due to those pylons). Actually, saying that it;s no wonder you like it. Your aesthetics gland was hit by a lethal dose of theta radiation pig-6.gif.

(Incidentally the list is Excelsior (and its refit), Galaxy (and its refit and the Gal-X), Intrepid, Olympic, Dreadnought, Freedom, Yorktown, Niagara, Cheyenne, and the Curry/Raging Queen).​​

Galaxy, like this? B)
    oRUJ8SU.jpg

6AnZz52.jpg

vMfLby6.jpg

And just because I really like you, Arty. ;)
    uURCamI.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...) And as a girl brought up on stuff like Reboot, Beast Wars, The Last Star Fighter, and all that early CGI, what this guy did was just fine to me.

I think I identified the reason for your aesthetic misconceptions pig-2.gif

But seriously, as I said I believe it's a lot of effort and a monumental project, but it still looks awful to me, just like the early CGI shows you mentioned. I don't want to diminish the work put in all of these, but I just can't stand to look at them, early 3D computer games as well - I understand technological progress requires experimentation, but a lot of things just shouldn't have been made yet pig-2.gif 25th Anni/Judgement Rites and TNG A final Unity are excellent even today, because of hand-drawn and smoothly animated 2D sprites - you definitely see the technical limitations with both of these, but AFU's cutscenes which are fully CGI and animated look terrible. If "Secret of the Vulcan Fury" would have been made it probably would have looked like those and I am very glad they didn't make it. I would however be all over it if someone would pick up the sound bits and make the game into a point and click like 25th anniversary pixel optics. 2D is timeless, even if it comes with a low resolution. 3D renders, though, age horribly and most of them looked bad (my opinion) even when they were new releases.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou