test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best wishes to Harvey victims.

brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
To all those in the path of Harvey: good luck, and for all that's Holy, EVACUATE!

You can buy new stuff, don't overload your car with junk you can buy at WalMart. Food you don't have to cook, water, and your important documents should evacuate with you, and that new big screen TV will just have to take its chances.

Because of my work I rode out Katrina. It was an experience, all right, but one I don't recommend. Harvey is going to kill a bunch of hurricane party goers, and you don't want to be one. So get out, don't look back, and hope the recovery is short and sweet.

Also, post pics.

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Extreme weather is fascinating yet terrifying at the same time
    It's a Category 4 atm
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
      Extreme weather is fascinating yet terrifying at the same time
      It's a Category 4 atm

Yea... heard it hit Cat 4... and they were only expecting it to be a Cat 3...
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      I've got the weather channel youtube feed on in the background
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
        I was seven years old when Camille hit Biloxi, MS. Still cannot look at pics of it. I lost a sister to Katrina. She refused to evacuate because she was afraid the looters would steal all her precious antiques. I would trade every single one of them and all of my stuff as well to get her back.

There is nothing in your house which can justify staying or cannot be replaced or is worth putting yourself or family members at risk. Please get out of the path of the storm right now. I am asking because none of deserve the pain I live with every day.
        A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
      • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
        i was going to make a thread about this earlier but i didn't have the time to do it.

i hope everyone in Texas and those in Louisiana stay safe during that tropical storm, from what i understand a large amount of people have chosen to ignore the evaculation order. Gutsy choice, i wish them well.
        T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
        Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
        Already reports of tornadoes as well
        NMXb2ph.png
        • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
          Well...friend of mine in Corpus Christi is already making FB posts, power is back up at his place an hour ago.
          "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
        • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
          i was going to make a thread about this earlier but i didn't have the time to do it.

i hope everyone in Texas and those in Louisiana stay safe during that tropical storm, from what i understand a large amount of people have chosen to ignore the evaculation order. Gutsy choice, i wish them well.

I wonder if that has to do with the mentality of Texans. Only way to protect your home from looters is to protect it yourself.
        • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
          A lot of people make that mistake every storm. They say things like, "We never evacuate, and nothing bad happens." Until it happens.

I treat evacuations like an extra vacation. The Ozarks are a good destination because they have a lot of cabin rentals around the national park which tend to be unoccupied during hurricane season. Nashville and Branson make good evacuation destinations too. The kids have something to do instead of sitting bored in a motel while Mom and Dad watch the Weather Channel and worry.

Still wishing the best for those in this storm's AoE.
        • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
          Hello y'all, I live in the Houston area. I was spared and my family is doing well. I will tell you that things are really bad down here. New all time records have been set for flooding and thousands have lost everything. There have been an estimated 13,000 rescues due to the flooding. The miracle in all this is that as of now, only 22 deaths have been contributed to the storm. The people of Texas have been great as neighbors are helping neighbors.

If you can, please contribute to relief efforts by contacting the Red Cross or any other reputable charity. Not for me but for my fellow Texans.
          Harvey is due to make landfall again in Louisiana, I hope people have evacuated to higher ground if they are on the coast
          NMXb2ph.png
          • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
            scififan78 wrote: »
            Hello y'all, I live in the Houston area. I was spared and my family is doing well. I will tell you that things are really bad down here. New all time records have been set for flooding and thousands have lost everything. There have been an estimated 13,000 rescues due to the flooding. The miracle in all this is that as of now, only 22 deaths have been contributed to the storm. The people of Texas have been great as neighbors are helping neighbors.

If you can, please contribute to relief efforts by contacting the Red Cross or any other reputable charity. Not for me but for my fellow Texans.

I just wished more people evacuated instead of trying to tough it out. It isn't the hurricane that is the problem, it's the sodding rain that keeps coming down that will make houses uninhabitable until a massive clean up is conducted. This will leave thousand without electricity, food, drink and basic facilities much less forms of entertainment to keep from going crazy bored.

Red cross is always helpful and i read up about a brewery that is shipping out thousands of cans of fresh drinking water in their own trucks from Georgia. that's a nice thing to see.

Already reading about looters taking advantage of the chaos.
            Harvey is due to make landfall again in Louisiana, I hope people have evacuated to higher ground if they are on the coast

It's expected to go through a number of different states, likely losing the rest of it's remaining power heading towards Illinois. I just hope those in Louisiana take extra care and get out of the area. Harvey should of already had an impact out towards this state over the last few days.
            T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
            Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.