test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirality Issue: Nx Critical Rating Modifier Not Working?

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
I am having trouble matching the calculation for the "Nx Critical Rating from A" as well "Nx Critical Rating from A or B". From the description, if your ships career number is higher than the required that difference is used to add to the Critical Rating value, to increase your Critical Chance, and used additional career specific Critical Rating calculations for that mission.

Ex.

ENG Required: 10 Ship1: 9 Critical Rating: 0
TAC Required: 20 Ship1: 9 Critical Rating: 0
SCI Required: 10 Ship1: 14 Critical Rating: 4
Total Required: 40 Ship1: 32 Critical Rating: 4

If the Ship1 card has: 1.5x Critical Rating from SCI, I would expect the value to be 4 (from the SCI Critical Rating) x 1.5 = 6 (taking only the integer value). However, the value seems to be 2, which means that the calculation is 4/1.5 = 2.667 = 2. (These values are shown in the game when you hover over the Total Critical Value--in a yellow color.) This is fairly consistent with ship cards that have the "Nx Critical Rating from A".

When it comes to "Nx Critical Rating from A or B" (e.g. 2.5x Critical Rating from ENG or TAC), the Total Critical Value becomes much higher than a combination of Critical Rating values being divided by the modifier value, nor do the match up to any Critical Rating values being multiplied by the modifier value.

I am not sure if this is working properly or not, but this modifier is definitely not following the description. I would love an explanation regarding how the "or" works with this modifier. Does it select one OR the other, or does it combine both values into one?

Any information would be most welcome. Thanks. :smile:
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg