test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why so many people doing sompek timed wrong?

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Same here. When I play a survival mission, I intend to survive.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    It's the challenge to do better next time, 17 my best and wiped out with only 2 minutes to go
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
      tyler002 wrote: »

Same, now if you excuse me, I am due for another arena queue.

"hears dinosaur roar"

OK, time to make dinosaurs extinct for a second time :)
      pjxgwS8.jpg
    • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      I like to ask people what they want to play and then go with the team consensus. When the game mode in question requires cooperation for successful runs (one way or the other) trying to go one's own way (exclusively) is just going to result in frustration.
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      Not everyone plays this game with the attitude of "maximum reward/minimal effort".

Wouldn't that be Minimal Reward/ Minimal Effort?
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
      ltminns wrote: »
      First Contact Day, I remember that well. How many times my Characters got injured because the slackers rockets blew up right above us upon launch. :)

That can happen?!? :o
      foxman00 wrote: »

"hears dinosaur roar"

Someone should invent a gun made of Asteroid metals just to rub-it-in when that 2nd extinction comes. >:)
    • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
      foxman00 wrote: »

"hears dinosaur roar"

Someone should invent a gun made of Asteroid metals just to rub-it-in when that 2nd extinction comes. >:)

Isnt that Zefram's shotgun :)
      pjxgwS8.jpg
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      Nah, that was just a bit of sarcasm. ;)
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      In a strange turn of events I was in a match where everyone decided to die at the beginning of round 6 (well that in itself is not strange)... the other players actually made comments that they were entertained by the fact that my engineer was taking on all the enemies alone and were cheering me on. I only made it as far as round 10 though when I was finally taken down by 3 or 4 of those giant Fek'lhri demons casting AoE fire all around me.

Too bad it is impossible to setup a private Sompek mission just for myself.
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      It's the challenge to do better next time, 17 my best and wiped out with only 2 minutes to go
      One of my runs we beat wave 22, with a 5-and-die player laying on the floor dead.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • runfromchronrunfromchron Member Posts: 15 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      L0ZJ4YP.png
      Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      I haven't noticed any difference other than what you'd get from completing more rounds. Are the rewards different?
      No. It's exactly the same as if everyone just died at 20 minutes.
      One of my runs we beat wave 22, with a 5-and-die player laying on the floor dead.

My "best run" in the timed mission was when a "5-and-die player" decided to quit the mission; forfeiting the reward and was likely hit with a leaver penalty; while the rest of us continued to play well beyond round 5. We even revived him from time to time just for fun.
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      My sci's use the rep aoe heal and res ability which makes it even easier to do a drive by on corpses.

Did have a run where one adamant 5&die made the mistake of saying "finally" in chat when three of the four dropped only to be confounded by the delta recruit group res item.

I don't mind a 5&die approach if most of the group agree but if folk want to go for it I'm just as happy to do that as well.
    • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      uwWW9zM.png
      Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
      To add insult to injury, I've had more than one "5 and die" group, as AGREED AT THE BEGINNING, have the other 4 players suicide at round 4. Got me killed because I didn't expect everything on the map to jump me. Rewards: nothing. Some of this crowd are apparently too stupid to count that far.
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
      qqqqii wrote: »
      To add insult to injury, I've had more than one "5 and die" group, as AGREED AT THE BEGINNING, have the other 4 players suicide at round 4. Got me killed because I didn't expect everything on the map to jump me. Rewards: nothing. Some of this crowd are apparently too stupid to count that far.

It's why i ask for a quick 6 round run. People also pay more attention when you use humor like "Real warriors die at round 6"
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      questerius wrote: »
      qqqqii wrote: »

It's why i ask for a quick 6 round run. People also pay more attention when you use humor like "Real warriors die at round 6"
      Round 6 is easier to suicide on anyway since it's lightning or hazard.
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      Fastest suicide options are lighting or the bbq's at the back of each wing of the arena, the beams seem to be a bit more hit or miss.
      azrael605 wrote: »
      > @jaguarskx said:
      > In a strange turn of events I was in a match where everyone decided to die at the beginning of round 6 (well that in itself is not strange)... the other players actually made comments that they were entertained by the fact that my engineer was taking on all the enemies alone and were cheering me on. I only made it as far as round 10 though when I was finally taken down by 3 or 4 of those giant Fek'lhri demons casting AoE fire all around me.
      >
      > Too bad it is impossible to setup a private Sompek mission just for myself.

I kind of had that happen, but my character had that Delta Recruit reward that lets you revive the whole team. I was still the last man standing.
      There's also an Omega rep trait you can slot that gives you a clicky that's an AoE rez.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      You've got the question all wrong. The real question is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3NpKQPSlGc
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      So...no one has come to any agreement on which Sompek use for speed runs or which to use for power runs, yet? And still arguing. Imagine that.
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
      I'm okay with a 25 round power / speed run...
    • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      where2r1 wrote: »
      So...no one has come to any agreement on which Sompek use for speed runs or which to use for power runs, yet? And still arguing. Imagine that.

It seems fairly clear - to me at least, the general consensus between the three different threads is that the timed one is for short five round runs and the power team - army of one runs are the untimed version.
      If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
      Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
      Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
      ingame: @.Spartan
      Romulan_Republic_logo.png
      Former Alpha & Beta Tester
      Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
      The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      aspartan1 wrote: »
      where2r1 wrote: »

It seems fairly clear - to me at least, the general consensus between the three different threads is that the timed one is for short five round runs and the power team - army of one runs are the untimed version.

EXCEPTION BEING:
      jaguarskx wrote: »
      I'm okay with a 25 round power / speed run...

Unless that was a typo and Jag wanted to type in "5".
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
      I like how there is a different sort of challenge with the 20min. how many rounds can you complete before time runs out? It's FUN!
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing