test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 360 Torpedo build

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
edited August 2017 in The Shipyard
Finally got around to working on a 360 torp build which I use on two types of ships. My very slow turn rate carriers and fast Risian ships with stacked up defence. The basic version is front Wide Angle Quantum with Wide Angle Voth Tran-Chron. Hargh’peng and Romulan plasma which isn’t a true wide angle torp but when the main target dies the plasma balls redirect outside the 90 arc.

Rear is Kentari Missile which gives a 360 constant torpedo barrage although its best to keep the target in the front 180 arc as those hit harder and x2 Concentrate Firepower gives lots of high yield 180 arc shots.

Consoles are Tac with Crit Severity with torpdeo damage and outside tac slots Point Defense Bombardment Warhead & Torpedo Point defense (if in a ship that can use them). This is not going break any DPS records but it works well for running though missions and content. Along with spaming a lot of torpedoes in a wide area backed up by hanger pets which spam more torpedo's in a wide area.
Post edited by pottsey5g on

Comments

• arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    This would be better off here
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    With shared cooldown is 4 torps on front better than 3+ some beam from a torp boosting set?

A lot of partgen/torp builds go for set bonuses, torp+console or torp+console+beam from sets like dyson, neutronic, phase, terran, plus nice things like the the stuff you're using. The sci component can also be drain/anti shields or control related.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    postinggum wrote: »
    With shared cooldown is 4 torps on front better than 3+ some beam from a torp boosting set?

A lot of partgen/torp builds go for set bonuses, torp+console or torp+console+beam from sets like dyson, neutronic, phase, terran, plus nice things like the the stuff you're using. The sci component can also be drain/anti shields or control related.
    For Sci carriers it could well be worthwhile replacing the Hargh’peng and Romulan plasma.

My main carrier is the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought with Concentrate Firepower. The 360 Kinetic beam fits the theme better and I guess a more sensible way to do it is move the wide angle Voth Tran-Chron to the rear, keep the Wide Quantum in the front but add Neutronic & Delphic Distortion Torpedos. That increases the front arc damage by a large amount but still allows the ship to keep firing torpedoes to the side while it turns to get the target in the front arc. That could well be a large improvement. Thanks.

• postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    If you're going concentrate firepower best match that with a HY or TS pet and structural integrity collapse, like elite rom scorpions. Should be pretty neat with the benthan trait.