test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return of The Dominion: The Speculation Thread

13468914

Comments

  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    feiqa wrote: »
    I would say the best plot hook to bring in the Dominion is a Hobus equivalent in Dominion space. That is exactly the sort of thing T'ket might do.
    That is an interesting thought. But it would have to have hit the founder central homeworld. Thus reducing the numbers of the 'gods' to make them desire assistance. Any simply member world and the founders are unlikely to care. They are just solids after all.
    Nah, just threaten a large chunk of their economic base. The founders may not particularly care about individual races, but they DO care if their fleets and factories get destroyed. Besides, the only thing of value on the current Founder HW is the Great Link itself. All they have to do is leave, and they've done that before.
    brian334 wrote: »
    T'ket may not be after conquest. If her goal is revenge, she could do quite a lot of damage, vanish, and reappear rearmed and ready for more mayhem. At that point, all logical arguments about the canon power of the Dominion fly right out the window. With no desire to retain control of territory, she can attack anything anywhere at will.

    And how do you find her?

    We know the exact number of gates in the Gamma Quadrant, right?

    But what if T'ket built gates unconnected with the main grid? Or uses any of half a dozen possible ways to travel undetected?
    Yes, Som's favorite database entry is quite specific. It only applies to conquest of the Dominion. If the Iconians were to change tactics and try to blow it up? mm... different story altogether.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Nexus? 2293 passage, Enterprise-B, Lobi Store Experimental Combat Environmental Suit, Prototype Dreadnoughts. Current Tribble Patch Notes contains this:

    'The ship pack that contains the D9 Dreadnought Battlecruiser [T6], Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser [T6], or Thrai Dreadnought Warbird [T6] has been renamed to "23rd Century Tier 6 Undiscovered Dreadnought" to be more visually distinct from the "Special Requisition Pack - 26th Century Heavy Dreadnought Tier 6 Ship" pack.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I would also say that the time taken to uplift the Vaadwaur technology-wise is extremely short compared to other races that the Iconians might have did that as well for (such as the Elachi, or even the Solanae). So given given the vastly longer time they might have had to up-lift the Hur'q, and for the race to adapt an improve that technology over time could lead to them being alot stronger than the other Sevators of the Iconians (though the Iconians might have left the Hur'q in the Gamma quad to keep the Dominion occupied as well).
    Well if the Hur'q are servitors of the Iconians, then we'd have to ask why we didn't see them with the other servitors during the war. It's possible we didn't see them because they were confined to the Gamma Quadrant, but it's also possible they were held back on purpose. We know they planned to invade the Dominion at some point, and if they legitimately believed they were a stronger threat than the Alpha - Beta Quadrant powers, then maybe they held them back on purpose. Why waste your strongest army on weak enemies your other servitors can deal with? You can keep your strongest forces in reserve and eventually send them against a stronger opponent when you're ready.
    And, to add to that, The Iconians were WINNING. They had no need to summon reserves, they had more than enough forces to grind the Federation into dust.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Nah, just threaten a large chunk of their economic base. The founders may not particularly care about individual races, but they DO care if their fleets and factories get destroyed. Besides, the only thing of value on the current Founder HW is the Great Link itself. All they have to do is leave, and they've done that before.

    Oh I agree they have moved before. That is why a Hobus like incident going off is the only way to hit them without them realizing the danger in time. That would leave a fraction of the number of founders left and they would need sanctuary to repopulate. Because Odo might care about the troops and fleet. But to the Founders? They have more than one fleet yard and more than one place to grow jem'hadar. Just increase production to make up the loss. And if any falter, just kill them to make space for a stronger back.
    I point to the female changling during the war. having the researchers working on the plague cure executed to 'motivate' the next batch of clones. Some Cardassians rebel? Nuke a few cities. Who cares if we are relying on their fleet to fill in the numbers for the jem'hadar.
    If it was any other race but the founders and thus Dominion I would agree with you.

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Copy your text before posting. A trick from back in the old days: save early, save often.

    Here is another idea generated here:

    T'ket is, among other things, a native born bio-engineer. For her to manipulate life forms to conform to her needs is as natural as a human chopping down trees to build a house.


    The Jem Hadar have a genetic defect. They can't synthesize an enzyme they need to survive, and so they must have The White.

    T'ket's servitors release onto multiple Jem Hadar military depot worlds an airborne virus which infects Jem Hadar. This virus, once inside Jem Hadar cells, replicates the enzyme. The major side effect is a continual state of heightened aggression. Another side effect is less noticeable; it is a heightened survival instinct. For the first time in history Jem Hadar are choosing personal survival over obedience.

    The ships you see on the trailer are refugees fleeing the chaos as rival bands of infected Jem Hadar wage a war against each other and against those still not infected, spreading the virus like missionaries as they go.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    Copy your text before posting. A trick from back in the old days: save early, save often.

    Here is another idea generated here:

    T'ket is, among other things, a native born bio-engineer. For her to manipulate life forms to conform to her needs is as natural as a human chopping down trees to build a house.


    The Jem Hadar have a genetic defect. They can't synthesize an enzyme they need to survive, and so they must have The White.

    T'ket's servitors release onto multiple Jem Hadar military depot worlds an airborne virus which infects Jem Hadar. This virus, once inside Jem Hadar cells, replicates the enzyme. The major side effect is a continual state of heightened aggression. Another side effect is less noticeable; it is a heightened survival instinct. For the first time in history Jem Hadar are choosing personal survival over obedience.

    The ships you see on the trailer are refugees fleeing the chaos as rival bands of infected Jem Hadar wage a war against each other and against those still not infected, spreading the virus like missionaries as they go.

    oooo. You mentioned on the Evil Overlord List by name? :)

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    Nah, just threaten a large chunk of their economic base. The founders may not particularly care about individual races, but they DO care if their fleets and factories get destroyed. Besides, the only thing of value on the current Founder HW is the Great Link itself. All they have to do is leave, and they've done that before.

    Oh I agree they have moved before. That is why a Hobus like incident going off is the only way to hit them without them realizing the danger in time. That would leave a fraction of the number of founders left and they would need sanctuary to repopulate. Because Odo might care about the troops and fleet. But to the Founders? They have more than one fleet yard and more than one place to grow jem'hadar. Just increase production to make up the loss. And if any falter, just kill them to make space for a stronger back.
    I point to the female changling during the war. having the researchers working on the plague cure executed to 'motivate' the next batch of clones. Some Cardassians rebel? Nuke a few cities. Who cares if we are relying on their fleet to fill in the numbers for the jem'hadar.
    If it was any other race but the founders and thus Dominion I would agree with you.
    Not exactly... You seem to have misunderstood the scale of Hobus. Several dozen solar systems were devastated by the blast wave. It would have been more if not for the use of Red Matter to dissipate part of the blast wave.

    Also... the plague cure thing wasn't a matter of motivation, more a matter of hoping the clones would have a different perspective on the situation since they never come out exactly the same.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    Nah, just threaten a large chunk of their economic base. The founders may not particularly care about individual races, but they DO care if their fleets and factories get destroyed. Besides, the only thing of value on the current Founder HW is the Great Link itself. All they have to do is leave, and they've done that before.

    Oh I agree they have moved before. That is why a Hobus like incident going off is the only way to hit them without them realizing the danger in time. That would leave a fraction of the number of founders left and they would need sanctuary to repopulate. Because Odo might care about the troops and fleet. But to the Founders? They have more than one fleet yard and more than one place to grow jem'hadar. Just increase production to make up the loss. And if any falter, just kill them to make space for a stronger back.
    I point to the female changling during the war. having the researchers working on the plague cure executed to 'motivate' the next batch of clones. Some Cardassians rebel? Nuke a few cities. Who cares if we are relying on their fleet to fill in the numbers for the jem'hadar.
    If it was any other race but the founders and thus Dominion I would agree with you.
    Not exactly... You seem to have misunderstood the scale of Hobus. Several dozen solar systems were devastated by the blast wave. It would have been more if not for the use of Red Matter to dissipate part of the blast wave.

    Also... the plague cure thing wasn't a matter of motivation, more a matter of hoping the clones would have a different perspective on the situation since they never come out exactly the same.

    You are going to make me rewatch that episode. . .

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    WEYOUN
    I have a team of Vorta Doctors
    working night and day to find a
    cure.

    FEMALE SHAPE-SHIFTER
    Have them document their efforts.
    Then eliminate them.

    WEYOUN
    (taken off-guard)
    Founder?

    FEMALE SHAPE-SHIFTER
    Activate their clones and order
    them to continue their
    predecessors' work. Perhaps a
    fresh perspective will speed
    matters along.
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    WEYOUN
    I have a team of Vorta Doctors
    working night and day to find a
    cure.

    FEMALE SHAPE-SHIFTER
    Have them document their efforts.
    Then eliminate them.

    WEYOUN
    (taken off-guard)
    Founder?

    FEMALE SHAPE-SHIFTER
    Activate their clones and order
    them to continue their
    predecessors' work. Perhaps a
    fresh perspective will speed
    matters along.
    ​​

    Thank you. I stand corrected.

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    We still don't know what the Tzenkethi are so worried about.

    Might be a while before we find out too.

    As fantastic as it may be that PWE/Cryptic are securing voice actors, the storylines involving the actor's character's do tend to 'derail' the stories a little sometimes.

    I mean, whilst the Tzenkethi were antagonists in 'Brushfire' the emphasis wasn't really on them and it did nothing to progress the mystery surrounding the crystals and why they are bothered by them. And 'Survivor' didn't really fit into the story arc at the time either.

    And we have an upcoming episode with LeVar Burton voicing Geordi, which would apppear to involve the nexus - I can't see how that could progress the Tzenkethi arc much either.

    Martok though wasn't simply there for nothing in "Brushfire" as it was stated that he knows what the Tzenkethi are trying to accomplish and they wanted to get rid of him because of the fact that he was a top commander against them.

    "Beyond the Nexus" will be like "Survivor" as it'll likely be a one off episode not connected to the current storyline. Geordi though will be involved in "Melting pot" after that since he's involved with the Lukari/Kentari settlement.

    TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Well, T'ket need not be involved. Perhaps after our last meeting her sisters calmed her down and got her meds balanced, and she's chillin' out in her sphere growing a new arm.

    The Hur'q are dead, if Worf is any kind of expert on the subject, but we have proof that the Fek'lr are still around. Who may or may not be involved with the Hur'q or Iconians. Let's say, for this idea, that they are not.

    The Fek'lr are native of a pocket dimension such as was created by Wesley Crusher when his mother was trapped in a warp bubble. Because of /technobabble, the main portal between realms moves around the galaxy, but altars such as the one in the Klingon storyline can be used to open the doorway between the realms.

    Klingons got their idea of Hell from the stories told by survivors and escapees, of which there were few. Over time the stories grew, but when the gateway is in a region of space occupied by a sentient race, the Fek'lr, which derive pleasure through inflicting pain, swarm out to enjoy what pleasures the beings have to offer. Occasionally the entry moves on, stranding some Fek'lr unless they have or can build an altar.

    So, swarms of Fek'lr, through an old altar near the Klingon homeworld, have tested the current level of technology, and they have built an armada for the millions of Fek'lri who will soon swarm over the Dominion worlds. To maximize the fear, warning raids have begun. And the Dominion, so expert in instilling fear in its subjects, has come to the KDF to learn how to fight fear.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    no, she isn't, because someone mentions offhand at new khitomer after you arrive for the signing of the time tyranny- i mean, temporal accords that's she still causing trouble​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Pardon me I need a moment to rant on something. Because we brought back the Son'a I have been reading TV Tropes about Insurrection and looking over the SFDebris review. And there are serious flaws to the theory everyone uses about the problem.
    The argument is that taking these particle thingies will miraculously generate whole new medical practices and procedures that will save countless billions.
    Except, you don't have even the beginnings of these procedures. It will likely take you a decade of experimentation just to get proper procedures down.
    You do not understand the rejuvenation process, and you don't know how the collector works. But some guys who like saying efit to the rules say they have a method. Oh and don't worry that they are making the fuel for the super soldiers of your enemy. These guys are legit.
    So you found the fountain of youth in a swamp. Well no one wants to live in the boonies. So your plan is to detonate the fountain of youth and hope some fishnets will catch enough of the spray to do you some good. And you tout it as saving billions. .
    Turning a renewable resource into a finite one. . .
    I don't have to defend the baku, the plan itself does not follow the logic that it will even work! The baku want to be agrarian farmers. Fine build a hospital and research facility on the other side of the planet. Provide the best medical care you can to the Son'a while they are under the effects of normal exposure and see what collecting in small scale results in.
    Oh the place is remote and hard to reach? Great! you are at war and just lost Betazed to these guys and had Earth attacked by the breen! Hard to reach sounds like a blessing!


    Sorry about the rant but I needed to put it off my chest as it were.


    Now a moment of thread conjecture.
    Right now we have Son'a. And next year we see Dominion ships. Is this connected? How can the son'a call for that kind of support logically?

    Oh and as a side question and thought. Why does Martok have only one eye? I know it was removed when he was a Dominion prisoner. But this regeneration field grew new eyes for a man and fixed a genetic error that kept them from working. So repairing Martok's eye seems easy.
    Just a thought, but what if it honestly isn't Martok again? Two founders could impersonate Martok and Torg. Torg officially 'dies' and Martok returns to glory and probably the council. The real Torg is free to continue shenanigans for his allies now no one will be looking for him.
    Yes it is a bit to go from a missing eye to this but it is a twist.

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The problem I see with T'ket trying to Hobus the Dominion is that Hobus only ended up working because the Vulcans chose to do nothing, and tell no one, about the star becoming unstable, leaving no one any time to respond when it eventually blew. Hobus only happened because the Vulcans were jerks.

    If they hadn't been, it would have been otherwise easily preventable.
    HAH! no. The solution that Spock came up with involved using Red Matter to eat the blast wave. Does the Dominion have that tech? I don't think so. So, at best, they'd notice that it's dangerously unstable and run away. If they realize it's about to blow. and also, if they realize it's going to have a shock wave that travel at FTL speeds....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Dominion doesn't have that tech? We have Red Matter Capacitors falling out of the woodwork. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    also, i would be perfectly willing to bet that the dominion snuck a changeling into starfleet after the war ended - and the federation being the federation, they probably stopped changeling sweeps and blood testing after the treaty of bajor was signed

    so assuming the above theory is true, whatever tech the federation knows about, the dominion does too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    HAH! no. The solution that Spock came up with involved using Red Matter to eat the blast wave. Does the Dominion have that tech? I don't think so. So, at best, they'd notice that it's dangerously unstable and run away. If they realize it's about to blow. and also, if they realize it's going to have a shock wave that travel at FTL speeds....
    They only needed red matter in the first place because they let it blow because the Vulcans were, again, being too much of A-holes to do anything about it before it blew.

    Why would The Dominion let their Hobus blow up in the first place?
    Tell me... WHO was it that realized Hobus was going to blow? ONLY the Vulcan science academy, NOT the Romulans. Obviously Hakeev wanted it to blow, but did the other Romulans? no. So what makes you think the Dominion would actually realize the threat before it was too late? And really, the only reason the Romulans needed Vulcan help was because they didn't have the ability to do anything about it themselves.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Tell me... WHO was it that realized Hobus was going to blow? ONLY the Vulcan science academy, NOT the Romulans. Obviously Hakeev wanted it to blow, but did the other Romulans? no. So what makes you think the Dominion would actually realize the threat before it was too late? And really, the only reason the Romulans needed Vulcan help was because they didn't have the ability to do anything about it themselves.
    Why on earth would you think that an obviously destabilizing star wouldn't be seen as an issue by The Dominion?

    Also, you ignore the fact the Romulans didn't have the ability to do anything about it themselves because, again, the vulcans never told them, because vulcans are jerks.
    Uh, that's a bit of a contradiction eh?

    You say "obviously destabilizing", but then say that the Romulans who lived near Hobus had no way of knowing about it without the assistance of the Vulcans? As Spock would say: Illogical.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    But this topic isn't about Hobus. It is about the potential for a Hobus type event occurring in Dominion space. And if it is caused by the Dominion tyring to create a Tox Uthat or something, it is entirely possible they knew but in their overconfidence created the disaster.

    A general idea can always be refined. Every instance of a thing need not be identical to the last instance: this is science fiction, not science research. So take the basic premise: the Dominion ships are fleeing a Hobus type event.

    Now, since @somtaawkhar objects to its potential as The Disaster, I would like him/her to reverse engineer from that assumption a way that it could happen which accounts for his objections.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    the OLD homeworld was in the middle of a nebula, but no such thing was ever said about the new one, nor did there appear to be any nebula surrounding the planet in Broken Link (not that you'd realistically be able to see a nebula even if it WERE there, but hey - in sci-fi, nebulae are visible)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Why not light up the nebula instead of a star? The Founders are inside a vast cloud of ionized gas. Light off a Hobus type event on a protostar in the nebula and make the whole nebula glow like a neon light!

    And because it's a brown dwarf rather than a main sequence star, the shockwave propagates poorly beyond the boundaries of the nebula, jarring the closest stars, but not devouring the galaxy because it lacked the crutical mass at the point of origin.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Honestly I would not doubt that most forms of direct, and even some forms of indirect targeting of either the Dominion or founders would be nearly impossible (maybe just not worth the effort an chances of success). Though as much as the Dominion being aware an developed plans to deal with the Iconians, we would be dealing with a race that has had basically the entire galaxy on surveillance long before any of the current factions came into being, as such it is not hard to imagine that the Iconians would have also developed plans to deal with the Dominion (maybe even had those plans already in progress prior to the war with the alliance.). Also out of all the ways that the Iconians fought direct confrontation or actions are quite rare, as they mostly deal with/fight with enemies thru their Servitors.

    I would imagine that if we did see some form of conflict between the Dominion an either the Iconians or T'Ket, that it might deal with plans/plots that had been in place for quite sometime (we are dealing with a race that had been watching the galaxy for tens of thousands of years.). I could see the Iconians in preparation for needing to deal with the Dominion in the future might have created a specific servitor race/s for that eventuality. I would love to see actually if that is true what kind of servitor race that they might have created to deal with the Dominion, as well as what kind of plots/plans they would have in place/progress in the Gamma quad. Who knows the plan/plot might have been laid, and the servitor race, which might not even realize they are a servitor of the Iconians like a sleeper agent, might be in place awaiting a signal to enact the plan/plot.
Sign In or Register to comment.