test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a thread yet. The TNG Skant is coming!

warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10597534-levar-burton-and-more-from-our-stlv-panel!

TLDR:
Capt. LaForge will be in the game soon as part of an FE.
Revamped Galaxy-class interior, something long requested around the boards.
The TNG Skant uniform coming: "We’ll also have server-wide giveaways of the TNG Skant Uniform"

What is the Skant? A notorious Starfleet uniform from the very early seasons of TNG! A subject of desire. A subject of horror!

Females will rock it just fine. It's the most skin shown in a Post-TOS Starfleet uniform that wasn't Terran Empire, something that stands even today, even after seeing early glimpses of Discovery's uniforms.
wNo4YAf.jpg
I always felt Troi looked great in uniform, should have sported it much more
Males? Well, that depends on your POV...
g3PK3Ci.gif

XzRTofz.gif

Comments

• feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I thought that was a give away. Not even a box prize so only a handful of people will even get access to it?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Male boots are shorter than the female ones? What sort of blatant sexism is this? pig-18.gif​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Skant! Skant! Skant!
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Skant! Skant! Skant!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah... I don't really care about the skant or the Type 7 shuttle. Sure, I'll put the skant on a female Boff just to briefly check it out, and I will probably take the shuttle for a quick spin, but nothing beyond that.

I wish the giveaway was something a bit more practical for all factions like bank / personal inventory slots.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Okay, now I have to see angrytarg in a skant. Mark it NSFW. No, mark it NSF Eyes.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I'm actually looking forward to this. I've got a female joined Trill who would look great in it, with her leg spots!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • seth5618seth5618 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    About time
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    I thought that was a give away. Not even a box prize so only a handful of people will even get access to it?

The Skant will be given away to everyone as part of the TNG anniversary in September, along with the shuttle.

The Galaxy interior will be obtainable in the C-Store a bit after the new episode comes out.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is by no means final that those two items will be the only giveaways for the End-of-Summer; 30th Anniversary only. In fact they may be entirely separate from whatever normal items they may be giving away.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User

The Skant will be given away to everyone as part of the TNG anniversary in September, along with the shuttle.

The Galaxy interior will be obtainable in the C-Store a bit after the new episode comes out.

Now I may need to roll a TNG leaning character just for this. Gal X I am thinking for endgame. . .

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

How many zenny, I wonder? :o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Male boots are shorter than the female ones? What sort of blatant sexism is this? pig-18.gif​​

Well, that dude had nice legs, so I guess he wanted to show his calves off, yo. B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • desslock#3614 desslock Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Can you buy the skant?
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    I'm hoping that the skant will be a complete catagory option, like Jacket Loose, Jacket Tight, which would then allow for several different color patterns, rather than just the original TNG design :sunglasses: An Odyssey-patterned skant would be awesome :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    I must confess that my interest in this can best be described as "scant".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Will males have the option to turn on/off leg hair? :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Meh
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I could see one of my female bridge officers wearing the skant, no offense, it's just i'm not quite ready seeing a man in a short dress like that, i still get nightmares after that picture of Sascha Cohen in that yellow-green mankini years ago! Don't get me wrong, i like to see diversity but small steps at a time. getting know how it all goes and then building on that by respecting such differences and not knocking it because it's different, but in that particular case with Cohen, that was too much too soon, to this day i'm still not sure what i saw or how i go about figuring that one out...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I find it funny that the sight of male skin makes cishet male brains burn up or something pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I find it funny that the sight of male skin makes cishet male brains burn up or something pig-2.gif​​

I'm still in the processing phase, i'm taking it a step at a time.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I find it funny that the sight of male skin makes cishet male brains burn up or something pig-2.gif

Only some.

My brains burn up when I see any skin. If somebody isn't wearing a plain black turtleneck jumper with loose black trousers and closed shoes I feel deeply unconformable and it's all I can do not to stone them to death there and then.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It will be free for now so pick it up as you wish. I don't see why you couldn't change colors on it, it's not a MACO Outfit you know.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I find it funny that the sight of male skin makes cishet male brains burn up or something pig-2.gif

Only some.

My brains burn up when I see any skin. If somebody isn't wearing a plain black turtleneck jumper with loose black trousers and closed shoes I feel deeply unconformable and it's all I can do not to stone them to death there and then.​​

You just described Steve Jobs. :tongue:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Free stuff is always welcome. I probably won't use the skant, but I'm glad others will. That shuttle though ? I'm looking forward to it. For whatever reason, I like small craft even if there is little to do with them. All in all, anything free is for me ! lol
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
    tm706 wrote: »
    Free stuff is always welcome. I probably won't use the skant, but I'm glad others will. That shuttle though ? I'm looking forward to it. For whatever reason, I like small craft even if there is little to do with them. All in all, anything free is for me ! lol

Prefer an oversized saucer section on a trianglar neck support with a small curved engineering section with a large deflector dish on the front partially enclosed, with a large U shaped pylon connected on the rearand two very large nacelles sat on the top of each tip of the U pylon. A nice big spacious bridge with two conn stations in front of three command chairs and a tactical station on a raised platform behind the chairs with science stations behind that on the walls.

a class 7 shuttle is rather underwhelming for a gift of such importance to TNG.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Make sure everyone shave their legs xD
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • desslock#3614 desslock Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > It will be free for now so pick it up as you wish. I don't see why you couldn't change colors on it, it's not a MACO Outfit you know.

If it's free, where is it? I want it for my female character?
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    :D:D

Kek's got the legs for one... If there's an Odyssey-like variant, he's getting one :tongue:

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth