test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK Penalty system new players

seeonx#2905 seeonx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Federation Discussion
Howdy!

I did my first queue to kill I believe the Gorn fleet which was awesome! I signed up and finished the mission, at the end it asked me if I wanted to leave the system which I did. I was back near Earth. I got the reward for the mission and left the group. I walked away from the computer to watch Game of Thrones, returned to find I was logged out after 60 minutes. I didn't think that was a big deal since I wasn't in any active content that I knew of. Logged back in to continue my missions and went to queue for Starbase 24? just to be told I had an AFK debuff of an hour and 30 minutes.

What caused this and where did I go wrong? Why would I have to manually leave the queue if I already finished the mission, why isn't the system setup to kick me out after I finished the mission and left the system? Unless it was leaving while still logged into the game? If that is the case what is the harm in that?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    seeonx#2905 seeonx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I found this blog post here: http://www.stoacademy.com/blog/index.php?post=no_more_afkers I already left and got my rewards that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    It happened to me too. I was in a BORG red alert. The team completed the STF and we received our rewards and went on our separate ways. I tried to queue up for a infected space and it said i had a afk penalty for a hour. I was how can that be, but figured it is a bug
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    As coldnapalm pointed out, if you didn't actually participate, you get the afk penalty. The only other possibility I can immediately think of is that, rarely, I've had my system auto-accept queues. If that happened, you would have gotten put in one of the STFs you were queued for while you were afk, with the same result. Moral of the story: avoid going afk while queued.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    There are now five threads on this active... Interesting...
    Nonetheless Coldnapalm is correct...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè