test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kind of a plot hole with the borg..

how come the borg never gained clocking technology?? in 1st contact you see a borg kink.

so how come they never gained the knowledge??

Comments

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    What would be the point and reason for the Borg to use cloaking technology?
    99% of the species they encounter do not pose a credible threat and they are pretty open about their intentions of assimilating other races with the belief that they are actually doing them a favor by delivering them from chaos to order and bringing them closer to perfection.
    They really don't have a cause for sneaking around.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Clocks ruin the aesthetic of a Borg vessel. Cloaks though, No need. Few races present an actual challenge to the Borg.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    I know I'm going to regret asking... What is "Borg kink"?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User

Assimilated Klingon
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Same reason the Federation doesn't, apparently they don't want to.

Heck, why does no one paint ship black, even?
  • autumnwind34autumnwind34 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Why would the borg need to know the time?
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Well sto start with, why paint a starship black? The Borg sensors could detect it. Second, the borg "technically" and I use that term loosely, did gain cloaking technology. When we fired the Krenim device and Romulus got assimilated. But again, why did they need it when the borg are already a pain in your TRIBBLE to begin with?
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Well... supposedly, Cloaking Tech wasn't compatible somehow, but they adapted when they took Romulus. Other than that... no canon explanation other than most likely "Why bother? Its not efficient."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    coldnapalm wrote: »

It involves nuts and bolts and sensitive areas...

@coldnapalm never lets me down. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch