test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVE QUE / Pug Revamp Ideas

Well, I know the new endevour system is an attempt to get players to try different content, instead of doing the same tired things, ie, (face smashing the keyboard for your daily bonus reps).

So what I am proposing is to see if we can generate enough interest in a PVE Que Revamp.

One thought I had was do have a Random Que, with a playlist, that would essentially offer a scaling bonus choice for marks, after each time you completed a STF. The longer you stay in the que, the greater the rewards. I'd also propose setting it up with a normal, advanced and elite version.

I.E, instead of selected a specific Que for Marks, a player could hop in the random que, which theoritcally have more people in it, and match up faster. Also this que, would have no cooldowns. I also recomend a preformed partial and full group function as well, say you and a couple of fleeties wanna que surf for a while....but need two more captains, bam there you go, get matched up with two guys waiting inthe que for a group to form and off you go.

And for marks, base 100 for completion, +20 for bonuses with scaling reward for each que hit. Say, 20+30+50 up to 100, So 200 Marks. The Advanced Ques would get the Marks and a core to go with the choice of marks, and elite 2 cores.

Again, its just a modification, to the current system, but a system like this could make PUGS GREAT Again!

So fello Captains and Cryptic, constructive thoughts?
Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
2311 days and counting.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    At this point I’m happy for all suggestions peeps make to bring live to queues.

I don’t know however if any adjustments to conventional rewards would do the trick. I mean how are years old maps supposed to compete with admiralty 1 klick assignments?!

One thing that cryptic has not touched yet is the refinement cap of Dil each day. As first step I’d hand out additional Dil refinement vouchers for concluded teamed PvE maps. Something like 100 Dil for normal, 250 Dil for advanced and 500 Dil for elite maps. Twice that much if you line up public instead of going full private.

Even peeps that play as much as I do could not realistically cut more than 10-20k Dil out of such an offer each day as it can only be generated by direct play. Alts would also not put any more danger to the economy than they already do. I have 10 toons which generate 80K each day without me doing a lot at all for it at the moment (Admiralty + Doffing). 20k more would be a good incentive for me to play actively and would help peeps that don’t have a lot of alts immensely.

Could be a great trigger for peeps to play more instad of just hanging around.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I have always favored the idea of a daily or weekly 'featured queue' style system. Something that offers a unique or desired reward for playing the 'featured' queue during a set time. I favor a reward style like specialization points, admiralty cards, tech upgrades, or a credit that can be accumulated and exchanged for certain c-store items.

I rarely disagree with @peterconnorfirst, but I would actually oppose any system that allows circumvention of the Dilitihum refinement cap. My only concern there is the potential effect that something like that could have on the dilithium exchange. I know a lot of people don't like the daily refinement limit, but it's vital to free players and players that don't spend 'big money' that the current limits be kept in place. I think a more attractive reward would be the potential to earn respec tokens, cosmetic items, upgrade kits, or even master keys. The trick is finding a rate that's not too much of a grind, but also doesn't give items away like candy. The reward shouldn't be anything people can't live without so it doesn't force them to try the system, but good enough that it's worth the expenditure of time that would normally be spent in a battle zone, patrol mission, or red alerts.

At least a rotating featured queue system would get people into those queues and give them a chance to decide that they like or dislike a certain queue that they never actually tried. It could help up popularity on the ones that people enjoyed doing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    While I personally would like the ability to earn more dil, I don't think that cryptic would allow it, they don't on bonus dil weekends, that being said I appreciate the imput guys, lets see if we can generate some interest.
    Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    I really think we need a sink for marks. Some really good useful, mark-specific consumables that we can trade in marks for (that costs more than just the daily mark rewards from RAs) might entice more people to play old queues. Maybe something similar to the consumable buffs we get from the Competitive reward boxes.

For many old players, there just isn't any reason to play old content unless it's just "for fun". I've started to accumulate a lot of marks that I have little use for in all the reps.