test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Fighter Set - Lockout

aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Romulan Discussion
It sucks Romulan toons dont have access to the the Quantum Warhead Module given it is on the T6 ships. For some reason I forgot this "minor" detail and purchased the Kor BoP only to be irked because my alliance is clearly not valued by the KDF powers that be it seems.

I hope the gods at Cryptic will do something about it. I hope it is an oversight. As it is poor design to lock a part of the player base out of something everyone has access to in general. I noticed there are equipment sets in the Lobi store for other such situations..... I dont think this con should go into the Lobi store however given it is not part of a much bigger and far more powerful set but something should be done to give Rommie toons access to it.

On a side note, Romulans should be upgraded to their own faction anyway - just sayin'...
If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
ingame: @.Spartan
Romulan_Republic_logo.png
Former Alpha & Beta Tester
Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè

Comments

• jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    eh? We do?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Malem_Light_Warbird

same idea, 6 plasma torps loaded up to fire.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    eh? We do?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Malem_Light_Warbird

same idea, 6 plasma torps loaded up to fire.

I have the Malem and love it but it has a different con. I want to complete the Stealth Fighter set.
    You can see it here: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Stealth_Fighter_Set_(Kor)

The Overcloak and Critical Ambush set features are tailor made for Rommies methinks... It would be like putting in a photon or phaser set and not giving the UFP access to it.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    That is a Klingon set...Romulans have their own set...why are you surprised Romulans don't have access to a Klingon exclusive set?
    edited July 2017
    lianthelia wrote: »
    That is a Klingon set...Romulans have their own set...why are you surprised Romulans don't have access to a Klingon exclusive set?

I must have missed something... What is the Romulan stealth Fighter set? Please post a link for me as I know of only one for the UFP and the KDF.

Additionally as the ally, why am I allowed two parts of the set then and not the third? It smacks of bad planning on the part of the developers. The entire purpose of the sets being broken up over different store ships is to get people to spend money on them. Well that is precisely what I did and my reward seems to be giant slap in the face for doing so...
    edited July 2017

That is the Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set. A completely different animal. Moreover I have it already of course.

As I said previously, I want to get the Stealth Fighter set which has the Overcloaked and the Critical Ambush powers. But there is no access to the quantum warhead because it is on a T6 ship and Cryptic decided the rommies should not get access to the top tier ships of the real factions. Which means that "universal" set is locked out until T7 comes along at this point.
    edited July 2017
    aspartan1 wrote: »

That is the Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set. A completely different animal. Moreover I have it already of course.

As I said previously, I want to get the Stealth Fighter set which has the Overcloaked and the Critical Ambush powers. But there is no access to the quantum warhead because it is on a T6 ship and Cryptic decided the rommies should not get access to the top tier ships of the real factions. Which means that "universal" set is locked out until T7 comes along at this point.

That is the Romulan version of it...just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.

Use your brain...what would be the logic in Cryptic allowing Romulans to use Fed or KDF T5/T6 ships? Why would anyone even bother to create a Fed or KDF character ever again? When they can just roll a Romulan character, use Romulan Boffs, and fly Fed or KDF end tier ships.

That is the Romulan version of it...just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.

Use your brain...what would be the logic in Cryptic allowing Romulans to use Fed or KDF T5/T6 ships? Why would anyone even bother to create a Fed or KDF character ever again? When they can just roll a Romulan character, use Romulan Boffs, and fly Fed or KDF end tier ships.

Use your brain? Now you are trolling or you fail to grasp fundamental concepts. It is not about using a T6 ship... Also I dont care to use ANY blue or red team ships in the first place. The entire thesis of this post is about the console set which they put a piece on a T6 ship and did not given an option for green players to finish it just like they have for for other sets for the blue and red team players.

Additionally in case you missed it, the set has completely different bonuses... In other words, the entire point of this post is the use that particular set of which, I already have two pieces.

Use your brain? Now you are trolling or you fail to grasp fundamental concepts. It is not about using a T6 ship... Also I dont care to use ANY blue or red team ships in the first place. The entire thesis of this post is about the console set which they put a piece on a T6 ship and did not given an option for green players to finish it just like they have for for other sets for the blue and red team players.

Additionally in case you missed it, the set has completely different bonuses... In other words, the entire point of this post is the use that particular set of which, I already have two pieces.

You aren't supposed to finish the set....that is the point...It's a Klingon set and you're not part of the KDF...I know it's hard to believe that exclusivity still exists at all in the game...but some things still need to be exclusive for their to be any reason to play the other factions...or else why play them?

Not every faction needs access to everything the other factions have...
    [..]
    You aren't supposed to finish the set....that is the point...It's a Klingon set and you're not part of the KDF...I know it's hard to believe that exclusivity still exists at all in the game...but some things still need to be exclusive for their to be any reason to play the other factions...or else why play them?

Not every faction needs access to everything the other factions have...
    I play as an ally of the KDF because I'm forced to due to the limitations of the game engine's design otherwise I would happily play a green team faction. One which I'm sure would have the Stealth Fighter set which has the Overcloaked and the Critical Ambush powers since the other two proper factions have access to it.

Furthermore how do you know the Rommie player is not supposed to have access to a tailor made set which plays to the innate strength of the Romulans? Did Cryptic make a post saying that explicitly? I believe it is far more likely a simple matter of poor design choices and a failure to plan properly.