test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Kind Of Ship Is The City Of New Orleans?

13»

Comments

• Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    brian334 wrote: »
    I like the crustacean-scoop idea, but in this case the pod must be detachable with its own aquatic propulsion system because all the best crustaceans are bottom feeders.

So, as a native New Orleanian Male, my only remaining question is, where do I set up the boiling pot?

Nah, that's the emergency detachable pirogue! B)

Cher, don tell me ya know bout cas-nettin shrimp an jug-linin fa sac-a-lait!
    velqua wrote: »
    I like your thinking, velqua. Other ideas presented here are good as well.

This would make an excellent contest ship, in which players submit build concepts which are then reviewed and graded by forum volunteers to eliminate duplicate designs or obviously unbalanced ideas. The top 16 concepts are then reviewed and tweaked by the dev team, and the final designs set out for voting by the players using a weighted ballot type system in which players choose their first, second, and third place choices. First Place votes give six points, second place three, and third place one, which would potentially allow the majority second place pick a chance to win if everyone's first place pick is different.

Since no art or mechanical functions would be generated outside STO's development staff, Cryptic would have final say on all aspects of the issue.

Ooo... I like this idea! Even if the Devs don't do it, we should create a separate thread for players to post their build designs for this ship. Heck, I might even start it. It would be interesting to see how players make their version of this ship. I know I have a few ideas as I have mentioned in previous posts. :smile:

I'll post an Intel/Raider idea as soon as I can.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I like the crustacean-scoop idea, but in this case the pod must be detachable with its own aquatic propulsion system because all the best crustaceans are bottom feeders.

So, as a native New Orleanian Male, my only remaining question is, where do I set up the boiling pot?

velqua wrote: »
    I like your thinking, velqua. Other ideas presented here are good as well.

This would make an excellent contest ship, in which players submit build concepts which are then reviewed and graded by forum volunteers to eliminate duplicate designs or obviously unbalanced ideas. The top 16 concepts are then reviewed and tweaked by the dev team, and the final designs set out for voting by the players using a weighted ballot type system in which players choose their first, second, and third place choices. First Place votes give six points, second place three, and third place one, which would potentially allow the majority second place pick a chance to win if everyone's first place pick is different.

Since no art or mechanical functions would be generated outside STO's development staff, Cryptic would have final say on all aspects of the issue.

Ooo... I like this idea! Even if the Devs don't do it, we should create a separate thread for players to post their build designs for this ship. Heck, I might even start it. It would be interesting to see how players make their version of this ship. I know I have a few ideas as I have mentioned in previous posts. :smile:

I'll post an Intel/Raider idea as soon as I can.

Going to create a new thread for the New Orleans specs that we come up with.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,570 Community Moderator

Das fo sho. ;)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    oi, quit making fun of the naw-leans' accent​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    New Orleans Specs thread is up. Feel free to show your version of the ship there.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,570 Community Moderator
    Who's making fun? We be Louisianians here, cher. ;)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch