What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 6/29/17

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.77.20170615a.6

New Feature:

Endeavor System:
  • This is a new limited-time challenge where players gain rewards by completing missions which are automatically granted every couple of days through the new Endeavor System.
  • These will appear on the player’s mission tracker and will switch out on their own.
  • For Tribble only, we will be running 10-15 Endeavor missions at the same time to help with feedback.
    • When this system goes live on Holodeck, there will only be one Endeavor featured at any given time.
  • For more details, please visit the Endeavor System blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10549024-the-endeavor-system!

Comments

• Options
    valda7of3valda7of3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Completed all of them but the 2 Queues with no problems. Only thing I noticed is when I changed characters it listed all the completed missions as fails.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Nimbus III Dance Competition" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Harvest Materials in Space" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Earn Fleet Credits" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Defeat Tzenkethi Ships" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Future Proof" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Deal Polaron Damage" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Defeat Terran Empire Troops" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Tour the Galaxy" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Repair Shields in Space" failed.

[Mission] "Endeavor: Defeat Tholian Ships" failed.

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Harvest Materials in Space".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Earn Fleet Credits".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Defeat Tzenkethi Ships".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Future Proof".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Deal Polaron Damage".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Defeat Terran Empire Troops".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Tour the Galaxy".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Repair Shields in Space".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Defeat Tholian Ships".

[Mission] Dropped mission "Endeavor: Nimbus III Dance Competition".

• Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    I think this is a good idea but I think you could scale up the requirements and the rewards to match.

If there are chances for getting a million EC for example, that is enticing to many players especially those starting out.

I know it isn't on this patch notes but there ferengi admiralty rewards a lot of GPL. Is there going to be things we can actually purchase with it? Right now there isn't really.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    The rewards I have got so far will not, make me interrested in this new system.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    snipey47a wrote: »
    I think this is a good idea but I think you could scale up the requirements and the rewards to match.

If there are chances for getting a million EC for example, that is enticing to many players especially those starting out.

I know it isn't on this patch notes but there ferengi admiralty rewards a lot of GPL. Is there going to be things we can actually purchase with it? Right now there isn't really.

Maybe allow purchasing of those Dil Store clothes with GPL. Or a way to convert GPL to a useful currency like Lobi (10000 : 1), REFINED Dilithium (1000 : 1) or EC (100 : 1).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I presume the Endeavor System starts at level 60? My characters below 60 can't see the endeavors in the mission tracker.

Also, the UI needs some work:

1. Clicking on the "Hide" button in the mission journal doesn't hide the endeavors from the mission tracker.

2. When you collapse an endeavor in the mission tracker by clicking on the triangle icon, it blends in with the next endeavor. This is probably because the icons are missing, having been replaced by a white rectangle. I'm not sure how this will look once it goes live.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Endeavor System, low earnings, no attractions.
    It's not interesting.
    Qapla'