test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Season 13.5 Comes to PC July 18th

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The next major update to Star Trek Online hits PC on July 18th, with console soon after:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10549074

Comments

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I know they've told us that JG Hertzler was joining the game, but way to kill any suspense by telling us exactly how - so much for the "where has Martok been all these years" mystery.
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Well wasn't what I expected but ok.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    That prisoner, Captains will come to learn, is former Klingon Chancellor Martok, voiced by J.G. Hertzler, who originated the role in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
    J'mpok will have a LOOOOOOOOT to explain before likely meeting an unfortunate fate.
    "It's on, petaQ!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa7nSzCiGXk
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    This sounds like another great mission...but what about the damned crystals?!?
    J'mpok will have a LOOOOOOOOT to explain before likely meeting an unfortunate fate.
    "It's on, petaQ!"

Makes me wonder why Torg didn't challenge about it saying he didn't kill him.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    I don't get where the "Major update" is, as this barely constitutes as a normal patch update in most mmo's, but I am glad Martok is coming into STO finally!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

megawolf0 wrote: »
    That prisoner, Captains will come to learn, is former Klingon Chancellor Martok, voiced by J.G. Hertzler, who originated the role in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
    "It's on, petaQ!"

A nice comfy place at the Council, I'm sure.
    #TASforSTO
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    "It's on, petaQ!"

A nice comfy place at the Council, I'm sure.

So blackmail? Very un klingnon. Though now seems Torg is planning something big though this time seems Martok isn't part of it or something.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Um, isn't it in the Daily Lore/Datachip info that J'mpok killed Martok?
    I believe it's also referenced in the early KDF missions that Sirelle is a Widow since J'mpok killed her husband.
    I'm overjoyed to find we'll see the return of Martok, bu I hope the above can be explained away in a convincing manner...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I believe it's also referenced in the early KDF missions that Sirelle is a Widow since J'mpok killed her husband.
    I'm overjoyed to find we'll see the return of Martok, bu I hope the above can be explained away in a convincing manner...
    It also specified that there were no actual witnesses to Martok's death. Even the NPCs in the game think it was suspicious. Apparently no one did anything because they lacked proof of wrong doing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Clearly it was fake.
    And even in the lore, it was already heavily implied that J'mpok didn't honorably kill him and nobody saw the body (even if in Star Trek, body doubles and/or clones used to fake death aren't new).
    Maybe at first Cryptic didn't intent to have him still alive and merely detained in a prison, but it still works, I think.
    #TASforSTO
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    It was propably Martok plan, because he was bored and wanted vacation.... :p , ...and then he got caught by Son'a...
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I'm not unhappy about the revelation. Just confused. I guess that I wasn't aware that the House of Martok had no body to honor after the challenge?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I hope he didn't lose his one good eye in their prison camp system. Good news! I always liked General Martok. He's a great character! And a KLINGON! Q'apla!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Good, finally one step closer to sexy Son'a ships. Yeah, and that stuff about Martok.... :D
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
  • colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    and hopefully an excelsior revamp too i want that bridge
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    To me at least, it feels like each "major update" is smaller than the last. In a few years are we going to have "Season 23.5: minor text updates"?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I have to agree this is the smallest update I have seen in STO. Why call it 0.5 when it should be 0.00025 at mosttiger-2.gif

I guess Delta Rising was still the Best Expansion and Players Loved it!

This will be the BEST smallest update and players will LOVE it too?

ezj9u.jpg​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    storules wrote: »
    I have to agree this is the smallest update I have seen in STO. Why call it 0.5 when it should be 0.00025 at mosttiger-2.gif

I guess Delta Rising was still the Best Expansion and Players Loved it!

This will be the BEST smallest update and players will LOVE it too?

ezj9u.jpg​​

Guess it's like that old Ferangi saying: Good things come in small packages.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    It's a nice little update, the new FE that is. It would be neat if they updated the graveyard formerly known as Tzenkethi battlezone as well. But that one seems to be a lost cause, abandoned by devs and players alike.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    This is what I really think:
    1rnw92.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator[/url]​​
    They needed a whole new season to contain all the awesomeness of Martok and his actor.
    #TASforSTO
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Is there some reason you are being so aggressive in advancing the "seasons" despite having virtually no content in these "seasons"? It's really silly to have one story mission per season. At this rate, the Tzenwhatzit arc will consists of 6 different seasons before wrapping up.

I guess you are trying to trick people not paying attention into thinking you are adding more content than you actually are, but as soon as they pay attention and see you actually aren't, they will ignore future "seasons". You are damaging your credibility.