test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

build question

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
What's the best consoles and items to have for a butt kicking Anti-Proton build?

Thankies. ~curtsy~
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Vulnerability Locators [AP] <- Fill Tac slots with these, from Fleet Spire
    Poly Morphic Probe Array (Exchange or Infinity Lockbox)
    Bioneural Infusion Circuits(Lobi store)
    Tachyokinetic Converter(Lobi store)
    Assimilated Module(Omega Reputation)
    Zero-Point Energy Conduit (New Romulus Reputation)

Mk XIV Epic preferred for anything upgradeable, of course, but at minimum poke them with the Upgrade tool to make it Mk XII if you're level 60, as it gives a decent boost to at least the Lobi stuff.

Your Weapon mods on your AP weapons should be as much of [dmg], [crtd] and [pen] as you can afford.

Nukara Shields and Deflector, and then Romulan Engines seem to be favored. I usually add a Fleet Spire core, to keep weapon drain low and EPS a bit higher.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Then be bored as everything vaporizes in under 7 seconds and complain that things aren't hard enough. >:)
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

Mk XIV Epic preferred for anything upgradeable, of course, but at minimum poke them with the Upgrade tool to make it Mk XII if you're level 60, as it gives a decent boost to at least the Lobi stuff.

Your Weapon mods on your AP weapons should be as much of [dmg], [crtd] and [pen] as you can afford.

Nukara Shields and Deflector, and then Romulan Engines seem to be favored. I usually add a Fleet Spire core, to keep weapon drain low and EPS a bit higher.

On weapons, wait for the Phoenix Prize Pack event to come back and get the Crystalline Energy Torpedo. To my knowledge, it's the only torpedo that can be modified by energy weapon enhancing consoles (specifically Antiproton), and it affects shields and hull quite well. Basically, you get a fantastic torpedo without needing a separate console.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    The recently added Nausicaan Energy Torpedo from Echos of Light is basically a Disruptor version of the Crystalline Torp.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

if you have it the Crystalline Absorption Matrix is pretty handy, and an cheaper alt for fleet spire core would be the Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core, while not as good it's free and if your using beams you may be using the omni anyway, so you could get the set bonus for having both.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

On weapons, wait for the Phoenix Prize Pack event to come back and get the Crystalline Energy Torpedo. To my knowledge, it's the only torpedo that can be modified by energy weapon enhancing consoles (specifically Antiproton), and it affects shields and hull quite well. Basically, you get a fantastic torpedo without needing a separate console.

Got that Torpedo when it first came out. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg