test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LTS duty officers slots...

how come you don't get any doff slots with a LTS??

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Because it is a separate purchase.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    yea but you get ship slots and all that.

y not doff slots? just curious
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    You get 500 Zen each month. You can buy doff packs, slots, you name it, with it. Not sure if I am right, but doffing was intoduced later, after the game started, just as admirality. You do not get any perks in that field. LTS got two kind of perks, the subscription perks which everybody gets when he subscribes and the lifetime perks, the ones you only get when buying LTS.

Doff slots would belong into the first category. Subscribers do not get extra doff slots, probably because it was added later to the game, in addition, LTS should not get those perks either.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The Doff system was not part of the original STO game when it was released. Cryptic simply decided not to update the LTS perks to include Doff slots. If you want the actual answer then you need to track down the individuals in the committee that decided what to include and exclude from the LTS and ask them... whoever they are.
    > @fovrel said:
    > You get 500 Zen each month. You can buy doff packs, slots, you name it, with it. Not sure if I am right, but doffing was intoduced later, after the game started, just as admirality. You do not get any perks in that field. LTS got two kind of perks, the subscription perks which everybody gets when he subscribes and the lifetime perks, the ones you only get when buying LTS.
    >
    > Doff slots would belong into the first category. Subscribers do not get extra doff slots, probably because it was added later to the game, in addition, LTS should not get those perks either.

actually PS4 doesn't get zen.. soo
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    They probably just never bothered to update the LTS to include Doff slots. It's not like things being overlooked is new or anything.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Because the LTS was around well before the Doff system and really not much has been added to the LTS except for the vet ships and talaxian playable race.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Because the LTS was around well before the Doff system and really not much has been added to the LTS except for the vet ships and talaxian playable race.

Upgrade tokens...
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    OP: you are not entitled to an answer to this question.
    Explaining to anyone why every single game mechanic was chosen is not reasonable. These types of questions get asked all the time (to the wrong people no less), and they need to stop.
    It just is.
    You knew what you were getting when you bought the LTS, and it wasn't this.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    if we are at LTS, please Cryptic bring back the forum LTS badge. I'm not LTS but I really would like to see who is. Ty.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That's one reason I put it in my sig. But getting the badge back would be nice. They didn't have them when I finally became LTS
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    > @nccmark said:
    > OP: you are not entitled to an answer to this question.
    > Explaining to anyone why every single game mechanic was chosen is not reasonable. These types of questions get asked all the time (to the wrong people no less), and they need to stop.
    > It just is.
    > You knew what you were getting when you bought the LTS, and it wasn't this.

was just curious.