test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Doff Assignments

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
I'd like to see some new DOFF assignments.

1) Scrub plasma conduits - Increases Warp sector speed for a time. (Requires an engineer DOFF)
2) Clean/Service food replicators - Increases some combat ground ability (Requires an engineer DOFF)
3) Orion Entertainment night - Klingon only - Increases ground combat ability (Requires 2 Orion Entertainers and an Orion Bartender)
4) Ferengi Blunted Bat'leth Tournament - Klingon only - Increases crew morale in some way. (Requires two Ferengi Traders)
5) Officer Exchange Program - Increases ship weapon effectiveness - (Requires a Tactical DOFF)
6) Visit with Tamarian Delegation - No benefit - (Requires a Telepathic Advisor or Diplomat)
7) Play Vulcan Kal-Toh - Federation only - No benefit - (Any two DOFFs can fill the slots)
8) Deliver Ambassador to peace delegation - Federation only - No benefit - (Any Advisor or Diplomat can fill the DOFF slot)
9) Holodeck time - No benefit - (Any three DOFFs can fill the slot)
10) Visit ship's counselor - No benefit - Any DOFF can fill the slot)
11) Experiment with new cloaking device - Klingon/Romulan only - Any two engineer DOFFs can fill the slot)
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I can't remember when we got new DOFF assignments in the game at all. There is the rumour going on that new assignments can't be added for some reason, which is why neither the Delta nor the new Alpha quadrant have any.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I can't remember when we got new DOFF assignments in the game at all. There is the rumour going on that new assignments can't be added for some reason, which is why neither the Delta nor the new Alpha quadrant have any.
    Actually, the Dyson areas have gotten different assignments, with the Undine area having a different set rewarding undine marks as opposed to dyson ones when it got accessible.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I would much rather see some new doffs added to the game with actually good abilities, than more useless doff assignments. Doffs have lagged far behind the evolving abilities as the game changes. Look at all the kits and modules that have been added, and how almost none of the doffs modify any of them.
  • roborobin96roborobin96 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    While new assignments are indeed in order, I would also like it if the Doff assignments gave more/better rewards. At this point, doffing is completely pointless, while Admirality gives great rewards that are actually useful (seriously, I've probably gotten more EC out of Admirality than from selling stuff on the exchange). I almost never slot any Doff assignments, but I use Admirality everyday. Because right now, who needs doffing?
    830px-Vesta_side.jpg

Who's the prettiest of them all?
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    DOff Chain Assignments: Colonial Survey

System Survey - (Uncommon) Astrophysicist, Sensor, Conn
    Survey system for potential colonial development.
    Crit Success = Discover signs of an ancient civilization.
    Disaster = Encounter hostile spacebourne animals.

Planetary Survey - (Common) Geologist, Biologist, Botanist, Security, Any
    Survey world for suitability for a colony.
    Crit Success = Discover intelligent aliens.
    Disaster = Incompatable native life forms render planet deadly to humanoids.

Colony Site Survey - (Common) Quartermaster, Advisor or Trader, Any
    Investigate potential colony site.
    Crit Success = Discover easily mined mineral deposit.
    Disaster = Natural phenomena render site unsuitable for colonization.

Any disaster or crit success result returns the chain to step 1

I'd like new DOff Assignments, but my preference is to clean up and repair what we have.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Actually, the Dyson areas have gotten different assignments, with the Undine area having a different set rewarding undine marks as opposed to dyson ones when it got accessible.

That was three years ago, though. Did the Terran Battlezone get DOFF assignments?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User

That was three years ago, though. Did the Terran Battlezone get DOFF assignments?​​

I've definitely seen new ones in the recently added section of the Alpha Quadrant and in the Delta Quadrant, so they can still be added (or at least could when that map section was added). The fact that the map is so horribly broken with the refreshing of the list hiding them probably doesn't help make them visible very often however.

Having said that, I agree with the poster above that the rewards need buffed for the most part. Only two reasons these days to doff is the higher dilithium pay out missions although they're most poor compared with Admirality and to get CXP to convert to Fleet Marks (again limited use if you're not in a fleet that isn't maxed out already).
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    i remain a doffing enthusiast and support the addition of many new missions and chains and special rewards.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, one of the ones in the Feringar Sector, An Opportunity of something, is bugged. Needs a Trader, you got 'em, the Assignment doesn't think so.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns