test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[It's over now!] 2017 Risa Summer Event PSA - You need 25 days to obtain the summer event ship!

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    nikeix wrote: »
    My getting two ships last winter disagrees with you. About 2 days into the event they specifically changed the previous year's event to allow you to use the new tokens to continue advancing it. Did it on one captain for the new ship, did it on the captain that had the old event still slotted to pick up the lobster.

Maybe winter and summer have different rules.

Yes, they are governed by different rules. Mirror Invasion, for instance, let's you use last-year's transporter thingies just fine. But not the Summer event lolwuts.

He was talking about Winter Event, which has the same Prize Voucher with a Year number after it.

Since they changed the rules for event ships a bit last Summer, we have had a consistent next patch after an event has begun with a note about changing any previous years' projects still slotted to accept this year's vouchers. Winter Event from last year and Anniversary Event from this year.

Will they do this for Summer Event? Probably! but we should know soon either way.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    The '14-day' Events (Mirror, Crystalline, Breach) never change the special item and are always usable for the next Event of that type. These give Fleet Marks, Marks, Dilitium and some special item of a lot less worth for a specific Character, instead of a T6 Account Unlock Ship.

They do let you use, for example, the 2018 whatever to complete the 2017 Project for Summer, Winter, Anniversary. So the advice given above ALWAYS SLOT THE SHIP PROJECT REGARDLESS. It will give you options at a later time.

And be advised that the final day of the Event will be a Maintenance day so count on losing that day if you are not up very early in the morning. DON'T RELY ON THAT DAY TO COMPLETE YOUR PROJECT. EVER.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The prize voucher pack is find if your only a little bit behind.

Or you can just finish up during the next summer event.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    There's no note in this patch about allowing the 2017 vouchers to be used for projects from earlier years that are still slotted. Does anyone have one of these going that can tell us whether it accepts the current vouchers?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    3 minutes a day!

3 MINUTES?

Man, I WISH it only took 3 minutes.

It must have taken me, like, 7 minutes last time - HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE LIKE THIS?

IF I CANNOT HAVE THAT OPTIONAL THING FROM A GAME THAT I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY, I COULD LITERALLY DIE FROM GRIEF!

HOW CAN YOU BE SO HEARTLESS?

(anyone who is offended by this, please be aware that I am only mocking myself and my uptight idiocy)

Also, everyone knows you can basically just BUY the 2017 Event whatsits, and chooses not to, and that's why that hasn't been mentioned in this thread, until I foolishly brought it up just then, yes?

Yes.

I'll see myself out.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Hear ye, hear ye. Pushing this thread because the coming weekend will be your best chance to get a late start into the event and still get the event ship with just running "flying high". And if you want to get the ship without spending any form of currency you absolutely have to start your daily "flying high" runs by Monday, 26th but remember the last day of the event is a maintenance day, so make use of the 20-hour cooldown! pig-23.gifpig-35.gifpig-23.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    ...you absolutely have to start your daily "flying high" runs by Monday, 26th but remember the last day of the event is a maintenance day, so make use of the 20-hour cooldown!

I actually recommend starting no later than Sunday, June 25th because the event will end on July 20th at 10am PST which is in the morning. So playing "Flying High" at something like 8pm at night every night starting on June 25th, players will have all 1,000 vouchers for the Summer Ship on the night of Wednesday, July 19th.
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I actually recommend starting no later than Sunday, June 25th because the event will end on July 20th at 10am PST which is in the morning. So playing "Flying High" at something like 8pm at night every night starting on June 25th, players will have all 1,000 vouchers for the Summer Ship on the night of Wednesday, July 19th.

Sound advice, I'll add it to the OP!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    The event started 6/8. I have no sympathy for anyone who can't get that done in (nearly, pedants) a month and a half.

Still, it's tradition to see fiery threads once the event comes to a close of people somehow missing one or two runs for whatever reasons (mostly it's "The extended maintenance kept me from logging in" or "I didn't know there was maintenance" or something like this)​​

I still expect them to and I am prepared. :smirk:

Prepared with giant graphics I assume.
    Tza0PEl.png
    Pushing this. If you haven't started yet, it's about time!
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    During the Nandi giveaway I had two toons with the Risian ships slotted that I was able to finish with that year's tokens.

And thank you, angrytarg and others for the helpful advice for those who would otherwise leave this for the last minute and lose out by factoring in the maint day as well and their flying time would have been after maint was over and the event ended.

I am not one of those. I began my flying on first day and have continued since on my son's toon and on mine. Though mine seems to have either not been given tokens on one run or ran it before it timed out, cause he's a day behind my son's.

No matter, still plenty of time to complete both.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    3 minutes a day!

3 MINUTES?

Man, I WISH it only took 3 minutes.

It must have taken me, like, 7 minutes last time - HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE LIKE THIS?

IF I CANNOT HAVE THAT OPTIONAL THING FROM A GAME THAT I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY, I COULD LITERALLY DIE FROM GRIEF!

HOW CAN YOU BE SO HEARTLESS?

(anyone who is offended by this, please be aware that I am only mocking myself and my uptight idiocy)

Also, everyone knows you can basically just BUY the 2017 Event whatsits, and chooses not to, and that's why that hasn't been mentioned in this thread, until I foolishly brought it up just then, yes?

Yes.

I'll see myself out.

Ayup, only takes me on average between 3-4 minutes. Twice. I do my son's since his inet connection is TRIBBLE and he can't play STO right now, and mine. Have never gone over 5 minutes.

I wish you luck on bringing your times down. More practice means less time airborne.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Sunday is here - get to Risa now! :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Still not enough warning. Please remind me tomorrow.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    and send an angel from on high with a note delicately filigreed in gold curlicues​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    My first instinct was to pee on @artan42 's pillow, but I can do the angel thing as well xP
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

Still not enough warning. Please remind me tomorrow.​​

I like how you think. :)

Seriously, every event already comes with a PSA: namely the one provided by Cryptic itself. To me, people so daft they need to be reminded to start the event in time, simply don't deserve the ship. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I agree with meimeitoo. If people don't read the blog about the event and figure from there and then miss their chance, that's on them, not Cryptic/PWE.

I always start on the first day and hardly ever miss one, unless I skip maint days or Sundays, which still leaves me plenty of wiggle room to never miss.

Only other thing that would stop me would be a flaky inet connection or outage. But still plenty time. It's why I always start on the first day. Including Anniversary.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Probably, but I wanted to give it a shot and do something to prevent unnecessary whine threads once the event comes to a close pig-2.gif

So, this is it, the very last moment you can start running the event and still get your ship without spending Lobi or playing the event countdown.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    You cannot alter the Timeline. It is predestined. Any attempt to alter it will suffer a pushback from the Timestream itself.

It has been predestined that there will be whine Threads starting a few days before the Event ends and will continue for a week afterwards.

You people are Temporal Agents and should know better by now. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I look forward to reading them myself and laughing at how they blame everyone/thing other than themselves and demand refunds/threaten to quit/etc.

It entertains me immensely, though I am easily entertained *Chuckle*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • trysten2#3219 trysten2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I am playing this on ps4 and at present i basically feel i have completed the game as there has not been no real real upgrade to add more stuff to game like it was when i first began playing the game. As for Risa stuff haven't really bothered got a good enough ship now. so really haven't been playing much since there are still alot of area's in game they have not even fixed yet like patroling hana or or whatever and few other thing's like the big dig or any other mission's supposedly was added that don't work.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    I am playing this on ps4 and at present i basically feel i have completed the game as there has not been no real real upgrade to add more stuff to game like it was when i first began playing the game. As for Risa stuff haven't really bothered got a good enough ship now. so really haven't been playing much since there are still alot of area's in game they have not even fixed yet like patroling hana or or whatever and few other thing's like the big dig or any other mission's supposedly was added that don't work.
    you're supposed to collect all the ships, kinda like Pokémon. :p "good enough" is only the start. It's like having a high level starter pokemon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Do whatever you like, except one thing: Don't complain weeks, months or years later that you never got your chance to get that Risa 2017 ship, and now its console is the ultimate console to have for a console set, or its starship mastery trait is the key thing for the build you wanted to make to actually work. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    And most especially, when the phoenix box event comes, don't complain the boxes are too expensive or the epic drop rates too low, because you had your chance to get the ships for free and didn't take it.
    While theoretically still possible to get the ship in 20 days via playing the countdown, for most people that need to take care of some kind of everyday routine the ship is now out of reach if you do not want to invest (a lot) of currency (real or otherwise). pig-46.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    While theoretically still possible to get the ship in 20 days via playing the countdown, for most people that need to take care of some kind of everyday routine the ship is now out of reach if you do not want to invest (a lot) of currency (real or otherwise). pig-46.gif​​

It should also be pointed out, that ppl who are missing like a day or so, can still use some Lobi to buy their last needed lolwuts.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    It should also be pointed out, that ppl who are missing like a day or so, can still use some Lobi to buy their last needed lolwuts.

I think this is implied, but I'll add a note to the OP pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    there is always the lobi optn and slotting the mission and use next years vouchers..
    edited June 2017
    > @garaks31 said:
    > there is always the lobi optn and slotting the mission and use next years vouchers..

As the OP says? You didn't just reply to a topic's title didn't you?
    lFC4bt2.gif