test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risan birds dont fly correctly

quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
there flying animation is broken , the birds will spontaneously fly way above you as you move , its even worse when on a floater on Risa , they dont even path right and follow correctly like they did in the past , Why does this games events have these kind of bugs where its like they don't do any Q&A pass checks on these events to make sure all the things work right before they release . this game continues to get worse and worse as far as Reoccurring bugs /Glitches that never get addressed in a timely fashion , these things take away from the MMO immersion when pets , ship animations remain broken for months and months some of these small things have been broken for a yr . Risa event is a one time a yr deal , where the bird i have doesnt fly correctly to be fixed after the event is over is pointess . get on a hot fix and fix it cryptic

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That has been reported months ago, on the forums reddit and via countless tickets. All critter animations are affected, Targs for example can't walk or lie down any more, Sehlats move like dogs and so on. I don't think they'll fix this during the summer.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    thats my point , i expected it fixed at least in time for the summer event , this is getting Ridiculous , first the separation pets stayed broken for months and months , and while not 100% and least work in mission maps now . still borked on some social maps while not a big deal still not working fully. it seems the longer the game runs the more things don't get fixed and dont give me the Whole there a small company BS , there are smaller Devs that dont have even a 1/4 of cryptics staff and dont have 1/4 of the continued Bugs and glitches , why can they do it with less people and cryptic cant ?? but can get out new tech, skills, and ship like clockwork but fail to FIX the things that are broken and keep them fixed . ive closed my wallet till i see a TRUE effort to fix these game issues that have been there since last yr . just saying
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Risian birds get stuck circling backwards above your head after they attempt to follow you. In addition, their tail feathers bend weirdly when they first spawn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/635zjx/lighting_20_issue_fed_starbase_bar_barkeep_ill/dfs6pao/
    5. Risian birds

(a) When Risian birds flap their wings, the tail feathers bend awkwardly. It's as if the birds are trying to flap their tails as well.

(b) Risian birds will attempt to follow you if you move too far away. But after you stop moving, they get stuck circling continuously above you. If you're in the air in a floater and you look up, you can see the bird circling backwards above your head. If you're on the ground and you look up, you won't be able to see the entire bird, but occasionally you will see a wing sweep by.

angrytarg wrote: »
    That has been reported months ago, on the forums reddit and via countless tickets. All critter animations are affected, Targs for example can't walk or lie down any more, Sehlats move like dogs and so on. I don't think they'll fix this during the summer.​​

Yes, many pet animations were broken when "Agents of Yesterday" was released. We've discussed this before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/63604l/bug_report_pet_and_critter_animations_broken/
    I noticed it at first visiting my Kahless bridge on my Klingon - all the Targs are missing their proper animations:

http://i.imgur.com/V913rS3.jpg

As you can see, they just stand in their baskets instead of lying on their flank and the ones moving about do so in walking speed but display a running animation. A few other players on the forums reported similiar issues with player pets and critters in missions. Everywhere they move in wrong speeds relative to their animations, the summer event bird pets seem to bend weirdly or get stck in their animation and cat pets behave like dogs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/63604l/bug_report_pet_and_critter_animations_broken/dfsbeld/
    The same problem can be seen at Klingon Academy. The targs used to walk. Now, they move at walking speed, but look as though they're trying to run. This is one of the many animations that were broken with the release of "Agents of Yesterday" and never fixed.

Other broken pet animations:
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png