test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Risa event is full of 2nd best equipment

I don't know why Cryptic loves to do this. But some of the new Risa event prizes are so 2nd best garbage. We get 3 "new" Powerboards. BUT ALL 3 ARE 2ND BEST TIER!! So their worthless. We also get 3 "new" floaters. Gold, Silver, Bronze. But they looks like cheap TRIBBLE! THEY DON'T EVEN SHINE?? And no one I talked to likes them. They did this with the tailor to, years ago. NPC's looked way better that player characters, with more options. But eventually because of so many complaints, they had to work on it. So why does Cryptic love 2nd best for the players? Why can't WE look the best sometimes?! And why spend so many man hours working on new 2nd RATE EQUIPMENT??? Only MMO that does this.....

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Yep, would love to have the girl dance instructor's costume and hair.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'd stick around on Risa more if I could get Risan bridge packs. New costumes to me aren't worth the bother because of how categories and color restrictions work. Now I just log in for the daily for the admiralty card/ship and go play other games like SWTOR or something.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    There's almost nothing new this year, nothing worth grinding for. If you already have the top powerboards and hoverpacks from previous years, there isn't really anything that pulls you in to spend time on Risa. All I'm doing is grinding loluhnut favors to sell on the exchange.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    There's almost nothing new this year, nothing worth grinding for. If you already have the top powerboards and hoverpacks from previous years, there isn't really anything that pulls you in to spend time on Risa. All I'm doing is grinding loluhnut favors to sell on the exchange.

New costumes
    New ship
    New kit module
    New boff ground skills (probably the most significant gameplay add-on, we have a lot of new options now)
    New event course

At least this is a customary amount of content for the summer event. They didn't one-up the powerboards and hoverpacks but there's something to be said for not following a simple obsolescence scheme. There's new flavors if you want, but the work you put in previous years still amounts to something now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I can't even give feedback on whatever's really new this Risa 2017 as I haven't checked all the stores.

Still so disappointed with their decision to upgrade lighting system without taking 24 hour cycles into account that all the past lohlunat grinding now feels like mostly a waste of time considering most of the costumes are bound to Risa map, a place that to me has lost most of its magic.

Sure the 'upgrade' does make many scenes look really good, but it is never worth it if it means sacrificing dynamic lighting. Someone thought it did, and so now I have fun playing other games instead during what used to be my favorite STO event.

And I'm not the only one who feels that way.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I can't even give feedback on whatever's really new this Risa 2017 as I haven't checked all the stores.

Still so disappointed with their decision to upgrade lighting system without taking 24 hour cycles into account that all the past lohlunat grinding now feels like mostly a waste of time considering most of the costumes are bound to Risa map, a place that to me has lost most of its magic.

Sure the 'upgrade' does make many scenes look really good, but it is never worth it if it means sacrificing dynamic lighting. Someone thought it did, and so now I have fun playing other games instead during what used to be my favorite STO event.

It was worth it for the majority of game maps. Even for Risa, every activity except for the Dance Party makes more sense in sunlight. Resorts like this on Earth advertise "Sun, Sand and Surf" not their lovely moonlit walks on the beach. People enjoy those things, but they aren't the primary draw of a tropical resort. It also made those other activities better, since you can see what you're doing in the jungle.

Mood lighting for RP purposes is nice, but I'll take gameplay utility and an overall better-looking environment, even if it costs that.

This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    People for years would like to see Color Restrictions not being limited to many of the Risa Fashion... Or at the very least greatly expanded for many items. It would be very nice if they relaxed some of these limitations... :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

One of the main things that made me like risa was the day and night cycles now? i just get the vouchers and either go shoot stuff or play a different game i my fleeties aint on.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Then we need an alternative 'night' planet. I propose Wrigley's Pleasure Planet. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns