test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa Resort (RP)

admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
Ok, so maybe I should've waited a week, but whatever, here you all go.

RP/fic any of your captains or other characters on Risa:
800px-Risian_sunrise.jpg

Rules/tips:
  • No NSFW stuff. I get it, you're on vacation. Keep it all off the script. Rules is rules.
  • Don't take over other player's RP characters (unless they give you permission)
  • Your guy didn't do everything our characters do in the STO story. They also didn't not do those things. Just don't talk about it or generalize it to the point that nobody knows who did it. General large scale things, like the Gon'cra Battlezone or fleet actions in general tend to be more usable. Use your best judgement, and if you don't know, ask.
  • Ok, so we might be in 2411 now. We also might still be in 2410. I honestly don't know, so try to just avoid saying a year until Cryptic decides to make it official either way.
  • Obviously, this thread, like ESD, First City, New Romulus, and Q's Winter Wonderland, technically takes place in the same timeline as the threads in question; references are ok, but don't make people read multiple threads for some major story element to make any sense.

Types of play (can be combined):
  • Integrated - Work with other captains to solve some issue.
  • One Off (or more) - A mini fanfic, that somehow doesn't involve the rest of us.
  • Side Story - Usually best as a side-story that comes and goes to integrated, since having a story of one guy not interacting with any of our guys is basically just a one off... right?
  • Do you want an Epohh friend? - For the love of yellow two-tailed foxes, do not drag that Epohh lady into this.
  • (There are probably more that we have yet to discover.)

External Links:
-Nothing yet. Unless somebody points out that EU wiki article somebody is likely to end up making, there probably won't ever be anything here, either.​​
2jwMZnF.gif
Winning.
It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
Oh, look, an explosion...

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Boardwalk

Captain Menrow, a human and Starfleet officer, transported onto the Boardwalk on Risa where the Lohlunat Festival always took place. He sighed before looking around at all the summer delight, which left him unphased.

"Guh," he said to himself the same moment another Captain beamed in.

When Captain McCary, 3/4 Human, 1/4 Klingon, materialized, he took notice of his fellow Task Force Epsilon peer. "Oh, you're here? I thought you'd be off galavanting in the Delta Quadrant aboard your Intrepid-class ship or something?"

"Not even. It was crippled by a Crystalline Shard when I was transporting the President from another vacation planet," he explained, clearly not happy with things.

McCary crossed his arms. "You too, huh?" At Menrow's perked gazed, McCary added, "Mine was near-destroyed by a maddening party-obsessed Klingon named Sigon. He likely had one too many."

"Well so much for our little fleet?" Menrow said.

The quarter-Klingon shrugged. "We're all time-displaced from the 24th century anyway. It's not like we really had any claim to this time-period."

"I miss the Dominion War," the other Captain deviated.

McCary furrowed his brow. "You're more gloom than I am? Aren't you the guy who sleeps around with any alien woman he comes across?"

"Ugh, I can't even think about that right now. All I want to do is lie in the shade and forget about everything."

Releasing his arms, McCary replied. "Let's at least get changed. This hot weather will not do us any favours in these Starfleet uniforms. Then we're going to work on that demeanour of yours."
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    An older human man laid resting in a nearby lawn chair. The surrounding area, void of Starfleet officers except for the 2 new arrivals. The man, who himself bore a curious family resemblance to the infamous Admiral Nat, sighed, lowering his sunglasses.
    "It's Starfleet again," he said to you, the reader, just audible enough for the local captains, "same as every year. Good grief..."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
    "Who said that?" McCary turned, confused. Then he noticed the other man sitting in a nearby lawn chair. "Oh, we're not alone."

Menrow shook his head. "Wow, some people! You know Starfleet has saved this galaxy hundreds of times over!"

"Whoa, calm down, Menrow. It's a vacation planet. You're supposed to relax," came the sudden voice of a female vacationer. When the two looked to where it was coming from, they discovered the Betazoid and Starfleet officer Captain Reynolds. "And you could be wearing less," she added, appearing in her bikini.

Captain Menrow perked. "Whoa! Is that even regulation?"

"She's covered up," deadpanned McCary at the other officer's obviousness. "It's regulation enough. Besides, we all agreed to being ourselves here."

Reynolds shrugged. "Speak for yourselves. I plan on cutting loose and hitting that dance floor. My crew's stuck in orbit doing maintenance on the Hijinx. And, speaking of ships, yours both appear...... not good."

"It's a long story," McCary dismissed with a wave. "Also, it's a non-story."

Menrow checked his bag for his swimwear and then pulled out his trunks. "What was I thinking?"

"Perhaps 'thinking' isn't necessary here," Reynolds smirked at him.

McCary rolled his eyes. "Anyway, we're off to change, then to explore. You in?" he asked, knowing he didn't have to ask.
  • Options
    "Oh, you might as well count me in," replied the man, "I always enjoy a good trip with a bunch of new guys. It's funny sometimes."
    He smirked, pulling an older style Starfleet combadge out of his pocket and holding it up, "by the way, I know Starfleet. I was there, although I retired, eh, a decade ago. My nephew is an admiral. Fleet Admiral, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes to visit later... I know he'll find his way here when he hears about that thing..." he stopped, motioning to the Vorgon battleship hovering nearby, somewhat peacefully, while the retired officer put away his old combadge and put his sunglasses back on.
    He got up, surprisingly quickly, and started walking over. "Oh, and the name is George, although you can refer to me as captain."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Oh, well, please excuse my rant, Captain," said Menrow, nearly startled by the revelation. "I suppose I've been having a bad month."

Reynolds suddenly noticed the Vorgon battleship hovering over the water. "Whoa! Does that thing have stripes? Anyway, I'd think winning that ship would be at the top of your lists, Captains."

"Hey, she's right," McCary turned to Menrow. "Our current ships are sagging old rust buckets, not fit for garbage scows in comparison."

Menrow added, "Or any kind of scow. I'm going to win it."

"Not before I win it. I bet the Vorgons know a thing or two about Captain's Quarters," McCary said.

Menrow looked at him. "What are you basing that on?"

"Hopes?" McCary shrugged. "What say you, old man?" The quarter-Klingon asked of George. "Are you trying to win that ship?"
  • Options
    "No need," replied the retired captain, "I'm retired, after all. Besides, I got a ship. Sure, it's only an old Centaur class ship that got retired shortly before I did... and it's antimatter was all removed... but hey, the captain's quarters are bigger than any VIP quarters you ever saw, so it's pretty nice." He shrugged. "Ok, why not? I got nothing to lose. What's the contest, anyway?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Menrow began following McCary and Reynolds to the Resort Interior, indicating George to follow along.

"We play games around the resort and gain Lohlunat Prize Vouchers for how well we do in them. Whoever gets 1000 first, gets the ship," explained Menrow.

Reynolds nodded. "I heard there's a new game this time around; a biathlon of sorts."

"I'm going to crush you guys," claimed McCary before shrugging. "Just getting into the spirit of things."

Once they reached the interior, where all the vendors were, Menrow and McCary veered off to the change rooms. Suddenly, Captain Iviok and Andorian and Starfleet officer from the U.S.S. Jenova approached, already in his swimwear.

"Reynolds, it is agreeable to see you," he said to her.

The Betazoid rolled her eyes. "That's what you say to Vulcans, not my people."

"Are you sure? I could have sworn it was you. Well, agree to disagree then," he said. "Also, what are the odds I run into someone from my fleet? Pretty random, actually."

She smirked. "Actually, Menrow and McCary are here as well."

"What!? The universe truly is compelling."
  • Options
    George shrugged, putting his old combadge back on and tapping it. "Hey, Elisa, do you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, captain," replied Elisa, apparently, "what's up? Get bored of waiting for the suns to finally set?"

"Not at all," replied George, "you mind sending over that drone that carries things? Oh, and my power board. Also my floater. Oh, what the heck, send over all my vacationing stuff."

Elisa just sighed. "Back to those games again... alright, I'll beam them over shortly."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Slamek : Its too bright here

• Options
    George slowly turns to Slamek, "that's half the point of Risa. You might as well vacation on the other side of the world, it seems like it's been day here for... well, days."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    After talking with Iviok, Menrow walked over to George. The Captain carried his Floater and Powerboard.

"Well, they're just Standard, but I'm hoping they'll get the job done."
  • Options
    George watches as a zero-g cart materialized beside him. He leaned over, checking for his superior, somewhat fancy looking floater, and then for his powerboard; the Future Flyer. After finding them, and some other supplies, he got back up and turned to Menrow. "Hilarious."

Some Ferengi ran over and tried to steal George's gear, but discovered the hard way that the entire cart was shielded, preventing it's contents from being stolen, and then ran off. George turned and watched the Ferengi run, shrugged, then turned back to Menrow. "Sorry, but you don't stand a chance."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    "It's not how you stand by your Powerboard, it's how you race your Powerboard," Menrow said before noticing two bikini-clad Captains walk by and smile at him in passing.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    George sighed. "If you don't got enough lohlunats for a good powerboard, you definitely don't have enough experience with one. I've been riding these things for years, didn't you hear who won the contest last year?"

"I did," remarked Nat, appearing before their eyes in a flash of light, sitting on George's cart, evidently unaffected by it's shield. "By the way, no, I didn't have these powers last time."

George deadpanned. "You got demoted, huh? Where'd you get the Q powers?"

"Actually, I'm from another universe," replied the captain, "and these are hyper-Q powers, actually. A hell of a lot more outrageously overpowered. It's really fun."

"Oh, wait, it's you!" George replied, extending a hand, "I got a message about your existence shortly after the one saying my nephew was a traitor, but before the one saying he had been replaced by a changeling and later recovered. Nice to meet you, I hope. By the way, there are rules against using godly powers to win unfairly... I think."

Captain Nat accepted the handshake, but only briefly. "Yeah, I'll be sure to "turn them off" while I'm flying. Or powerboarding. Basically anything that involves me beating you guys and winning a starship."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Well. at least you're not that Qu guy who constantly experiments with my fellow Captains," Menrow said. "But couldn't you just snap your fingers and make the starship yours? You could have anything you want?"
  • Options
    Captain Nat shrugged. "Where'd be the fun in that?"

"True enough," replied George, "do you actually plan on using the ship if you win?"

"I might try it out, like, once," said the captain, "after that, I'll probably just give it away to somebody else. Maybe my counterpart."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "You have a counterpart?" asked Menrow before Captain Samya walked over in her swimwear.

Samya, a human, short with dark hair, looked absolutely unhappy. "This place sickens me. Oh, and do you really believe you're going to win anything with Standard equipment?"

"It's not how you stand by your Powerboar-- nevermind. I got this," Menrow interrupted of himself before walking off with his equipment and talking to a woman nearby.

McCary then walked over to Samya and the others, catching sight of Menrow and his flirting. "He's not...?"

"Oh, he is," Samya finished as they watched the woman in the distance laugh and Menrow put his arm around her on their way out.

Half an hour later, Captain Menrow returned with lipstick-lip impressions all over his face and his Powerboard and Floater upgraded. "She was an engineer," he explained. "And I should be good to race now."
  • Options
    Captain Nat deadpanned Menrow. "I said I'm from another universe, did I not? Admiral Nat could go for a Vorgon battleship."

George just shrugged. "Well, where shall we start?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "You seem like there's a lot of you with the same name and a lot to keep track of," Menrow waved, curiously. "Anyway, I'm good for anything. The Powerboard race?"
  • Options
    "You've only met 2 of me," the captain replied, "but safe to say, the admiral knows several. I know even more."

"I won't ask," said George, "powerboard race. Sure, why not?"

George ran out, Future Flyer in hand, as his Captain Nat bearing cart followed. Captain Nat waved goodbye to Menrow.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Menrow smirked. "You guys ready to do this?" he asked of his fleet mates before realising that only McCary was standing next to him.

"Yeah, they left a while ago to do the other games," McCary said while pointing behind him with his thumb. "Anyway, let's go!"

The two leapt onto their Powerboards over the water and sped off along the coast of the island. The warm breeze and soothing tropical climate rushed through their hair and over their skin. When they reached the starting line, they found a group of racers ready to begin.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    George... was already there. Captain Nat was standing on a powerboard of his own.

"You ready?" asked George to Captain Nat, who nodded in reply.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    The countdown began, and Menrow took a lean-forward stance.

"3... 2... 1.... Go!" came the announcer.

Menrow shot off with everyone, speeding over the water toward the first turn.
  • Options
    George sped along, overtaking half the racers already, drifting around the turn and heading forward, turning to Menrow and smiling, then turning to look forward again and racing ahead.

Captain Nat simply followed, attempting, but evidently failing, to overtake them.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "There he goes!" McCary said, catching up with Menrow as everyone sped along.

Menrow nodded in acknowledgement while they finished the turn and came upon several ramps. He leaned in and surpassed McCary as he neared the ramp. Then going up it, his speed increased and he flew overhead George and in front of him.
  • Options
    George headed off to the side and went up another ramp, then landed and hit another speed booster, overtaking everyone.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Just then, the woman Menrow had left with earlier, Sarine, a Trill and an Engineer, sped up on her own Powerboard next to Menrow.

"Hey, you forgot to give me your ship name!" she said over the rushing noise of the race.

Menrow called out, back, "I'm in the market, actually. That's why I'm racing."

"Oh, then flick the switch," she replied, gesturing to the back of his Powerboard, which she had upgraded not too long ago. "The switch, the switch," she repeated over the noise at Menrow's confusion.

Then looking behind him, Menrow found a switch and flicked it as instructed. He suddenly shot off even faster, catching up to George before returning to normal speed right next to him.
  • Options
    Captain Nat "slowly" went in reverse, hovering past George and Menrow and overtaking them, grinning all the while. Then, it occurred to George. He looked around, confirming that he, and Menrow, were still racing along in the right direction, entering another turn as he checked around. Captain Nat seemingly just floated around the turn as well, completely oblivious. It occurred to George, that guy's going faster in reverse than we're going forwards! What does he think he's doing!?

Captain Nat turned the board around without any apparent change in velocity, shrugged to George and Menrow, and then took off at high speeds, crashing into a rock that he hadn't noticed. Whoops.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Is this supposed to be fun?" said Samya as she sped up to McCary.

The one/fourth Klingon jumped in momentary shock at the sight of her. "Whoa! I mean, that's what they say."

"It's been a long time since we've all worked together. Is our fleet falling apart?"

McCary turned his gaze forward as he kept racing with his Powerboard, along side her. "That's not for us to decide, but losing two ships is a cause for concern."

"Your crews are re-assigned as well, aren't they?" she guessed.

McCary then sped over a boost as shot passed her. "Sorry, race is on!"
  • Options
    George continued on ahead, entering the next turn and speeding up a ramp, overtaking his opponents. Somehow, Captain Nat sped up alongside Menrow and tossed him a Lohlunat Tribble, then sped along ahead of him.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.