test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ability to change BOFF Ground/Space traits

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
No reason I should have to slot all Nausicaans as my bridge crew to pick up the additional damage percent. BOFF traits should be changeable/trainable. A Klingon ship should have some Klingon crew at the helm.

I wonder if it's possible to pull a Nausicaan into the tailor and make them look like a Klingon?
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    yes, please. hell I will to pay a couple dollars per trait if racial(except borg/holo/android) were included. most of those don't really make sense as racial anyway. and if it they base it on boff skills. it could even help selling the op traited fleet boffs.

I would say any space traits should be limted to two active at a time. thats the most anything has now and we don't need but so much power creep.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    signed, a billion times signed!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    I am not against it, I always hate when gameplay concerns ruin my flavor/cosmetics/roleplay needs.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Indeed. So few of those "special" BOs have any space traits at all.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    signed, a billion times signed!​​

Make that a billion and one. ;)

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I would support this as well.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It would be nice to have a doff assignment that you could send, or merely be able to sign up, a boff to attend a academy training course that would have both a chance to increase the boff's rarity an what traits they have on them. While still keeping the trained boff abilities on them intact, as it is quite a annoyance to have to train an officer that replaced an older officer you had already trained, since he/she was replacing a lower quality boff that you had used prior.

Though even if the devs were to keep the advanced versions of traits as being tied to specific race choices of boffs, but allowed all races to be able to get the standard version would be quite nice as than you would not be nearly as gimped. Hell I always thought that the player should be able to choose the traits they wanted on their alien race boffs from a listing of traits, since in someways the alien race is kinda lacking a bit imo.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    A few ideas I had that incorporated the OP: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1182853/bridge-officer-development-a-proposal-to-cryptic-studios

Maybe not done exactly like this, but it's a place to start.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch