test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Logic Dictates: It is best that R&D Ships are RnG! #spock

Comments

• Options
    alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Wow, the way some people think they are ENTITLED to something makes me doubt where humanity is heading. Grow a pair and start buying promo packs. Better yet, buy more zen, convert to keys, sell for EC and get the ship from Ex. OR save up your dilithium to convert to zen instead of tossing it out the window. You HAVE all that is needed to get the ship. It being exclusive means you really have to want it to get it. This ain't communism kiddo, you want the big booty, you gotto play BIG. Equal opportunity.
    Now imagine if everyone in the world got a Mercedes SLR because they think they deserved it.... Stop. Being. Poor. Invest either time and effort OR money into the game, and get your t6 connie too. Thats how everyone else got it.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Not that I'm really interested in popping off in the middle of this %&$@ storm, but this is about money, plain and simple. They need the money to keep STO viable. This is their way of guaranteeing that revenue stream. To players who really want the ship very badly, it's harsh, but it is what it is. I desperately wanted the D7 Temporal Battlecruiser and after buying 8 R&D packs...it dropped. I was fortunate. I was playing around with the last ship in an R&D pack, that black privateer ship with the special bridge, and after buying a dozen R&D packs...I had nothing to show for it, so I stopped. But...one thing you will always be assured of getting is a whole lot of material that's sellable for EC.

Expecting the T6 Vor'cha to be released in an R&D pack also. I will definitely try for it. Good luck to all who spin the wheel. In Klingon...Q'apla!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I had another T6 23rd century ship just a few moments ago, and i already put it on the Exchange.. i'll love to get a 26th century one, and something else if money could allow, anyway, i wasnt even looking for the ship, i just wanted to replenish my lobi... kinda the same way i had the first one...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    ... I wasnt even looking for the ship, I just wanted to replenish my lobi...

This is a good way of looking at it. Makes it a bit more palatable.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Since they fixed the bank and ec limits, we finally see price competition on these luxury ships.

Today, only the second day of the promo, we already have no less than 5 of the prize ships on the exchange. Price competition by undercutting has already brought the price down to only 1.4b ec.

........only.........
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Easy to get, I spent more EC than that last month.

Oh? How?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Can't overstate how much I agree with the OP.

Lockboxes/promotion packs really are better for everyone!

And don't get discouraged if you don't get something the first time.

Keep trying!

If I can do it, so can you!!!

xsTQdO7.jpg

^^ TRIBBLE rich people! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Can't overstate how much I agree with the OP.

Lockboxes/promotion packs really are better for everyone!

And don't get discouraged if you don't get something the first time.

Keep trying!

If I can do it, so can you!!!

xsTQdO7.jpg

^^ **** rich people! :P

Pretty much.....
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ **** rich people! :P
    Pretty much.....

Seriously? Don't be saps. That's a 9 post smurf account with repetiveepics writing style as he pats himself on the back.

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    You'd be more convincing if "Asimo" didn't cut and paste from your library of standard threads. Or does "PSA: you can get a T6 connie without gambling (for about $300)" not ring a bell for you? :wink:
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    Oi. Can we not do this?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Everytime I check the Exchange there is only one T6 Temporal Light Crusier at 1.5 Billion. I venture to guess the
    Constitutions we see in this 'Inventory' are the 'cheaper' ones listed on the Exchange that will be stored for resale in the Private Trading Channels by each of these 20 so-called Exchange/EC Mules after the Promotion is over. Back to 2.0 Billion.

Another tactic possible from these guys is that this screenshot is from Tribble. Many of us remember the infamous JHAS incident of a few years ago. Pictures of an Inventory loaded with about 25 JHAS that were destroyed to 'punish' the wicked.

Rule of Aquisition 239. Never forget that one with this lot.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Everytime I check the Exchange there is only one T6 Temporal Light Crusier at 1.5 Billion. I venture to guess the
    Constitutions we see in this 'Inventory' are the 'cheaper' ones listed on the Exchange that will be stored for resale in the Private Trading Channels by each of these 20 so-called Exchange/EC Mules after the Promotion is over. Back to 2.0 Billion.

Another tactic possible from these guys is that this screenshot is from Tribble. Many of us remember the infamous JHAS incident of a few years ago. Pictures of an Inventory loaded with about 25 JHAS that were destroyed to 'punish' the wicked.

Rule of Aquisition 239. Never forget that one with this lot.

^^ Good observations!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    The way I see it the T5/T6 Connie should have totally never been introduced. It totally breaks canon and the immersion factor of the game. There is no way in Star Trek canon Starfleet would ever completely refit the connie or NX- Enterprise to 25th century standards. It just screams of a cash grab. Many people in my fleet have left because the game has gotten too cheesy and wonky.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    vamank wrote: »
    There is no way in Star Trek canon Starfleet would ever completely refit the connie or NX- Enterprise to 25th century standards.

then it's a good thing they didn't, is it?

it's called TEMPORAL light cruiser for a reason - one which doesn't involve taking a mid-23rd century hull and retrofitting it to early-25th century standards​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    alphagor wrote: »
    Wow, the way some people think they are ENTITLED to something makes me doubt where humanity is heading. Grow a pair and start buying promo packs. Better yet, buy more zen, convert to keys, sell for EC and get the ship from Ex. OR save up your dilithium to convert to zen instead of tossing it out the window. You HAVE all that is needed to get the ship. It being exclusive means you really have to want it to get it. This ain't communism kiddo, you want the big booty, you gotto play BIG. Equal opportunity.
    Now imagine if everyone in the world got a Mercedes SLR because they think they deserved it.... Stop. Being. Poor. Invest either time and effort OR money into the game, and get your t6 connie too. Thats how everyone else got it.
    This...

What this person has said, sums it up entirely.

Before my PC-imposed hiatus, I'd turned 20'000 into 33M ec. I then used that to buy several keys for future sale at a higher price. Seeing that the price of keys had gone way down, I scrounged access on someone else's PC to log in and get more. While I could. When I logged in, I had a further 14M in my balance. I bought a few more keys. I was going to keep them for future rises, but, worried that they will just go down further, I panic-sold all of them, and wound up with a balance of 44M. I then blew a load on some specialization qualifications and Risian favors, because I've wanted to get my toon in a swimsuit since I started playing (I don't know if the favors sell all year round, but I wasn't taking the chance, so I spent out and got her two costumes) I can always make more ec when I'm next able to log in regularly, so I'm not worried about spending it.

If someone doesn't want to be space poor, all it means is investing the time, effort and or money, to bring that ec balance up. Study the exchange. Study the fluctuations. Buy low, sell high. Rinse, repeat. It Really Is that simple :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I know where it comes from. When a mommy and daddy T6 love each other very much....

I have one in Inventory since it popped out of the R&D Infinity back in December. It sits quietly there.

Even SMARTER people would search for '23rd Century Tier'.

Anyway, thank you for your helpful and polite post.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns