test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your perfect BOFF seating?

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
If you were to have a ship with a typical number of BOFF slots for a T6 ship, how would you choose to set that up for your perfect ship?

Commander Sci/Temporal
LtCommander Tactical
LtCommander Universal
Lt Engineering/Intel
Ensign Engineering

Comments

• hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Not a big fan of the hybrid/"universal"* seating, and I rarely ever make use of Intel/Command/Pilot BO skills. My ideal will include a Cmdr Tac, LtC Sci, LtC Eng, and then at least an Ensign Tac. After that, I'd prefer they consolidate the remaining stations into one LtC (and then make it universal), rather than another Lt Eng/Sci or something, which is mostly wasted on me. The seating on the Fleet T6 Vet Destroyers is nearly perfect, but I'd still tweak it a bit.

*Universal, but not really, as something is always excluded.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    For Tier 6 ships, the ensign seat needs to be cut or made a true universal seat. AKA Eng/Tac/Sci/Intel/Cmd/Temp/Pilot

Since I drive mostly cruisers I'd go with this as most 'cruiser-ish' seating...
    Commander: Eng/Cmd
    Lt.Commander Tac
    Lt.Commander Sci
    Lt. Uni
    Lt. Eng/Intel
    Ensign 'true' universal

I just can't seem to understand how to get good stuff out of Temporal, so I'd skip that. And pilot on a cruiser seems silly.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    What I'd want is basically the Endeavor layout with other (better) spec seats:

Commander eng/intel
    Lt.Commander tac
    Lt.Commander universal/temporal
    Lt. sci
    Ensign universal
    And pilot on a cruiser seems silly.

Just a silly as a endgame version of a TWOK era ship. ;)

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Just a silly as a endgame version of a TWOK era ship. ;)

Yes!
    (but if a T6 Ent-A comes to the C-store I will have no problem being a hypocrite and flying it. ) ;)

You want to fly a T6 Miranda, go ahead. Just don't try to sell me on it's perfectly logical for a tiny cruiser to be on par with a huge cruiser for weapons and HP. B)

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Lt.Commander Tac
    Lt.Commander Sci
    Lt. Uni
    Lt. Eng/Intel
    Ensign 'true' universal
    15 boff powers? That's a Tier 8 ship.

In my case...

Commander Tactical
    Lt. Commander Science
    Lt. Commander Tactical/Intel
    Lieutenant Engineer
    Ensign Engineer

3 or 4 Engineering powers is all you need. Since you generally need EPtW and EPtE + Aux to Structural for the "standard cookie cutter Kraken build." Adding a 4th engineering power works as well since that allows you to run RSP. The above layout assumes 2 Krenim boffs plus a few extra goodies for guaranteed 100% up time on both emergency power to X powers and aux to structural.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Lt.Commander Tac
    Lt.Commander Sci
    Lt. Uni
    Lt. Eng/Intel
    Ensign 'true' universal
    15 boff powers? That's a Tier 8 ship.

In my case...

Commander Tactical
    Lt. Commander Science
    Lt. Commander Tactical/Intel
    Lieutenant Engineer
    Ensign Engineer

3 or 4 Engineering powers is all you need. Since you generally need EPtW and EPtE + Aux to Structural for the "standard cookie cutter Kraken build." Adding a 4th engineering power works as well since that allows you to run RSP. The above layout assumes 2 Krenim boffs plus a few extra goodies for guaranteed 100% up time on both emergency power to X powers and aux to structural.

I was about to bring up the boff seating of the Jhss to be my favorite but since you already done it for me, thx. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated