test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Competitive Wargames Already Dying?

Are wargames already dying? Seems to be taking about 10 minutes to get a match now. It was about a 30 second wait when they came out just over a week ago. Of course by now most people probably have enough marks to fully research the reputation so many folk will only be playing for extra marks, or fun.

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    PvP is already dying again. Yesterday evening there were never more than 4 players queueing up for Arena. But the competitive queues seem alive and well. I never had to wait for longer than 2 minutes before it started. But I'm only playing the ground queue so I wouldn't know about the space one.
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Could be to do with tykens.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Interesting. In what color are they dyed?

If you want to be funny, at least learn the words yourself. "Dying", just like OP has written, is passing away. To color something is "dyeing".
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Do remember to select the correct difficulty when queuing. It's the down arrow under the "skill" column. Elite for the ground, Advanced for the space. Nobody plays them on Normal.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I don't think the matching system will ever have any impact on this. There will never be much more than the minimum number of players queued. There's a slight chance it might come into play with crystalline. maybe.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My guess is people play a bunch of games to store up rep tokens to level the rep. Once they hit what they need they drop off the queues and just level the rep to T5 for the sake of leveling the rep. If they want gear from the rep they'll still play but playing for the sake of grinding dilithium marks? That's easier to do with pure PvE queues as well as pure PvE battle zones. No point in going in to a potential PvP queue when you can sit safely in PvE only matches and get what you want.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    The matching system is starting add some time, and this was a worry of mine from the get go, it's fine if you have many thousands of players waiting for the same queue, on the other hand, perhaps it just matches with the closest it finds and doesn't necessarily wait for the right match to come along.

And OP, no they aren't dying.

2am est this morning says otherwise 6 people total split between them. So out of all the time znes active count them 6 people were ququed and not one quque was actually active. But CCA was busy as all heck.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Do remember to select the correct difficulty when queuing. It's the down arrow under the "skill" column. Elite for the ground, Advanced for the space. Nobody plays them on Normal.

I play Binary Circuit Normal. I don't want to have to deal with injuries from electric orbs of death that sometimes decide to creep into the alcoves that are supposed to be safe, and I'm definitely not geared for Elite ground anything, as I've never upgraded a single piece of ground gear on any character.

It takes longer to pop already, but it does still pop, and I'm almost done with the marks for the rep,
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    anodynes wrote: »

I play Binary Circuit Normal. I don't want to have to deal with injuries from electric orbs of death that sometimes decide to creep into the alcoves that are supposed to be safe, and I'm definitely not geared for Elite ground anything, as I've never upgraded a single piece of ground gear on any character.

It takes longer to pop already, but it does still pop, and I'm almost done with the marks for the rep,
    I've never upgraded a single piece of ground gear either. I still wouldn't even concider playing Binary Circuit on anything less than Elite, even on alts geared with scraps.
    anodynes wrote: »

I've never upgraded a single piece of ground gear either. I still wouldn't even concider playing Binary Circuit on anything less than Elite, even on alts geared with scraps.

I suppose that I'm just not as awesome as you are, then. <shrugs>
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    Whatever. But it really is easy.
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Not if you just press 1 and 2 like 99% of ground people do. I will admit I do this as well sometimes.
    I use autofire, but what has that got to do with anything?

There are no fail conditions and the only way to get stuck is if the team is too clueless to help with the holobridge (something which playing on Normal doesn't affect at all). How much easier could it get?
    edited May 2017

Not if you just press 1 and 2 like 99% of ground people do. I will admit I do this as well sometimes.

I use autofire, but what has that got to do with anything?

There are no fail conditions and the only way to get stuck is if the team is too clueless to help with the holobridge (something which playing on Normal doesn't affect at all). How much easier could it get?

Could the 2 of you be any more dismissive and disingenuous? Perhaps if you prepared a little beforehand and compared notes?

Just for fun, I ran Binary Circuit Elite just now. It wasn't terrible, and I did at least feel like I was contributing, rather than being carried. On the other hand, some of hat I suspected was true, as it took about 1.5 times as long on a solid team. Not surprising in the least,, since about half of the time of a good run on Normal is fighting the required NPCs, and the NPCs here are beefier, so, everything else being equal, it takes longer to kill them. That being said, half again on something that usually takes 4-5 minutes on Normal with a good team isn't that bad. If I felt like carrying 3 kinds of regenerators or camped by a CMO to fix me up when I left, I would do this one on Elite. Maybe I still will if I decide to get the gear for the rep at some later time.