test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for making Tykens viable.

For the first time in nearly three years of playing this game, I am finally using Tykens Rift. I've always preferred Gravity Well to Tykens just simply for grouping enemies (PvE), especially because of the shared cool down, and never took a second look at TR. Well thanks to it's buff to drain, it has become a very nice option to have, drain enemies or group them? I will most certainly fit this on my Science Carrier support build so long as it stays like this. Thanks!

TLDR because I don't really give a TRIBBLE, but just for all the PvP cry babies.
I understand how it negatively effects PvP, but I don't really care because I PvE and will never PvP, not in STO. However, I think that goes to show, like many other MMO's with a PvP element, PvE and PvP needs to be balanced differently, different stats for each. When in PvP, you're no longer facing dumb, pre-programmed AI, you're facing other players, most of whom know what they're doing, some who don't. When you have such extreme settings for what these abilities do, they may work well in PvE against an opponent that has 3 million health and takes on half damage, it doesn't work the same in PvP where an opponent may have 60k health with only a 20% dmg reduction, no energy/shield drain resist and so on.

Comments

• koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Agreed. Tyken's should have always stood centre stage as an iconic science captain ability, the epitome of the "space magician". Instead it was relegated to obscurity pretty much since day 1.

I too have slotted it since the first time in forever and I'm enjoying it's effectiveness. I can only pray now that it doesn't get whacked with the nerf bat to appease the 1% vocal minority of the playerbase, who's parade it is currently raining on, when really it can be countered fairly easy - obviously a l2play issue.