test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cold case asteroid debris bugged ???

karldavykarldavy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
having got to the part in cold case where i need to destroy 3 pieces of asteroid debris i am unable to target the pieces i see the white box around them, i click on it i recieve a beeb and nothing is targetted ive targeted myself (f1) and then clicked the the debris my target dissapears is it bugged or am i missing something

Comments

• ahlianaahliana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I know this is necro'ing but I have that same problem now. Is there no cure? Help please!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Just keep flying all around that spot. it's been a while but I believe you have to be somewhat above it before it will finally target. Faulty memory says that I started way above and spiraled downward as starting low and spiraling upward tends to take it out of the firing arc. I do distinctly remember that sometimes I had no problems at all, other times it was real pain in the backside, but I never failed to eventually find that sweet spot where I could finally target.

As I type my memory is coming back. The spiral seemed to be necessary as from certain angles, other non targetable ( and impossible to actually see) portions of the asteroid block the line of fire. Coming in from above is for the same reason, the debris you need to shoot seems to be recessed into the surface so unless you are above and shooting down your line of fire is blocked, even though you can't actually see that it is blocked.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • nightwchtrnightwchtr Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    This que is way to much of a hassle to play with, cant lock on to the asteroid and when you finally do by some miracle it wont fire the special bomb. Then waste all that time for only 5 marks. I have tried flying over, under, on side, Targeted and untargeted and nothing works. Its like its random. VERY FRUSTRATING
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    nightwchtr wrote: »
    This que is way to much of a hassle to play with, cant lock on to the asteroid and when you finally do by some miracle it wont fire the special bomb. Then waste all that time for only 5 marks. I have tried flying over, under, on side, Targeted and untargeted and nothing works. Its like its random. VERY FRUSTRATING

Umm, there is no que involved. This is a long term problem found in one the missions.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    Thank you, ill give it another try later.
    Okay, i spent an hour trying from all sorts of angles and directions and nothing. I get the target symbol on my mouse when "close" to the rubble but only get a beeping noise when i left click (right click adjust my speed). I give up on this. And since it seems to be part of a chain, i can go no further. Thanks all for the assists, though. I do appreciate the effort!