test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dual Warhead Launcher not receiving buffs

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
The Dual Warhead Launcher from the Miradorn Heavy Raider is currently not receiving any damage buffs from things that should buff its damage output.

This is a kinetic warhead launcher (kinetic damage only), so its damage output should be buffed either by consoles that buff torpedoes or AT LEAST by the "Kinetic Amplifier" battery which is supposed to give "+30 bonus kinetic damage (only affects weapons)."

I can maybe understand why the Dual Warhead Launcher isn't buffed by consoles that buff torpedo damage ... maybe. But there's no reason that the kinetic amplifier battery shouldn't buff the Dual Warhead Launcher ... unless one of the devs wants to explain how the kinetic warhead launcher doesn't qualify as a "weapon."
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Because its a heavy weapon??, now really, the torpedo consoles, i get it, a heavy weapon has different types of damage, but anything that buff kinetic damage, elctric and other types should work, perhaps its just an oversight.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!